Arsenal 2017/2018

Bole Top

half of their players should be playing for Hoffenheim or Torino, not for London based club from the richest league in the world.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Wenger has to go really. Arsenal have some pretty good players but he's getting nothing out of them whatsoever.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:confused:

We replaced Sir Alex Ferguson with David Moyes.
But we didn't stick with Moyes when we saw he wasn't going to hack it. Plus our board at least spend and try to get us back to the top. As I said in the other thread, Arsenal fans have none of that to look forward to with their current owners.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Why oh why would you start Welbeck and then let him finish the game as a center forward while sticking Lacazette on the wing? At this point Wenger is pulling a Costanza here, trying to get fired and collect his money.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Stop acting like you are 5. We hired David Moyes
And you sacked him after a bad season. I still remember just how much the Utd fans moaned that season. After telling us to stick with Wenger and not to be dramatic you guys lost the plot with Moyes and were flying banners in his first season.

While you had to deal with one season of Moyes how many seasons of Wenger do we have to deal with before he leaves? At least your club sacked him and tried fixing it to do whats best for the club and fans. Arsenal reward failure with a new contract and rub it in their fans faces. If a club can treat its fans in such a way then why should I have to stick with them because I've been supporting them 15 years?

ThanksBoss26

I think they were worse today than in the 8-2.

They had a bit of a scratch side out that day whereas today was near full strength.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
But we didn't stick with Moyes when we saw he wasn't going to hack it. Plus our board at least spend and try to get us back to the top. As I said in the other thread, Arsenal fans have none of that to look forward to with their current owners.
Exactly. Your club shows ambition to win silverware. Arsenal FC show ambition to make more money.

Joseunited

After supporting Arsenal through childhood and then having to deal with the banter years of Wenger. I'm done supporting Arsenal. This will never get better and it's evident. The club is rotten to the core and only care about profit and not silverware. I'll still have love for the club but I can't follow them anymore. I cant keep having my heart broken by this club and I can't watch on as the club gets shafted by numerous people out to make a quick buck.

I'll be called fickle or a glory hunter but I'm now going to start supporting City. If the club can treat us fans like crap then why should I have to stay in the abusive relationship and put up with the same thing over and over again while being neglected. To all the other Arsenal fans who have been supporting the club since childhood. Good luck to you and I hope your health doesn't suffer as a result. I don't want to stop watching football all together but I'll still follow the results of Arsenal.
That deserves a red card, how can any self-respecting fan admit to jumping ship as a "life long" fan.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
After supporting Arsenal through childhood and then having to deal with the banter years of Wenger. I'm done supporting Arsenal. This will never get better and it's evident. The club is rotten to the core and only care about profit and not silverware. I'll still have love for the club but I can't follow them anymore. I cant keep having my heart broken by this club and I can't watch on as the club gets shafted by numerous people out to make a quick buck.

I'll be called fickle or a glory hunter but I'm now going to start supporting City. If the club can treat us fans like crap then why should I have to stay in the abusive relationship and put up with the same thing over and over again while being neglected. To all the other Arsenal fans who have been supporting the club since childhood. Good luck to you and I hope your health doesn't suffer as a result. I don't want to stop watching football all together but I'll still follow the results of Arsenal.
Correct because that's what you'll be. Absolute shambles of a post.

Jazz

And you sacked him after a bad season. I still remember just how much the Utd fans moaned that season. After telling us to stick with Wenger and not to be dramatic you guys lost the plot with Moyes and were flying banners in his first season.

While you had to deal with one season of Moyes how many seasons of Wenger do we have to deal with before he leaves? At least your club sacked him and tried fixing it to do whats best for the club and fans. Arsenal reward failure with a new contract and rub it in their fans faces. If a club can treat its fans in such a way then why should I have to stick with them because I've been supporting them 15 years?
Understand the frustration but it can't go on like this. At least the board will panic if your next couple of games are as bad as today. They won't have a choice. I don't think Arsene will last the season at this rate. And please don't support City!

Ibi Dreams

They were genuinely appalling today, and they didn't seem to care about it either. I don't believe they are playing for Wenger anymore, although in fairness to the players Wenger has made some really bizarre and poor choices regarding team selection and formation.

Jazz

Exactly. Your club shows ambition to win silverware. Arsenal FC show ambition to make more money.
This is true. However, as I said below, it can't go on like that. The board has no choice but to get their wallets out.

Mike09

I'm happy with that team with caveats. We have a lot of players in various stages of limbo and so it's hard to draw conclusions about our depth. It wouldn't be an Arsenal season if we didn't suffer significant injuries. The central midfield pairing on their best day are excellent but those days can be few and far between.
I don't think more new signings will solve these issues though (CM aside). I'm always optimistic, because I'm a masochist.
I think we can win the league but probably won't. I have no idea how Europa will play out but we've done well in cups recently so I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Are you still satisfied?

Hojoon

They're well coached in attack with their off the ball movements but definitely not coached in midfield, defense, or what the opposition does. Arsenal can still easily challenge for top 4 since most teams in PL are defensive against big teams and there's enough firepower in them but it's the same old really.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's not one day. I've supported Arsenal since I was 8. If I could change the club myself I would but I can't. Nothing will change. And No It's because they've got a good team and play attractive football. I have a strong dislike for Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd. City are the only team there I don't mind.

Thank you. I won't pray you find yourself in this situation. You actually have a manager and a club who want to win things and want to make sure the fans are happy.
are you forgetting our last four seasons?

liamp

Cases like Moyes are why they've persisted with Arsene. It's a case of the devil you know vs. the devil you don't. Finding a manager to take over someone who has molded a club in their image for over 20 years is a next-to-impossible task. After the levee finally broke last year and they failed to make top 4, I'm shocked that their board allowed him to stay on without hiring a DoF above him. That's a bizarre decision, but from an outsider's perspective it's hard to blame their board for historically choosing profitability and fairly high chances of making top 4 over the great unknown.

Last edited:

Jazz

Cases like Moyes are why they've persisted with Arsene. It's a case of the devil you know vs. the devil you don't. Finding a manager to take over someone who has molded a club in their image for over 20 years is a next-to-impossible task. After the levee finally broke last year and they failed to make top 4 last year, I'm shocked that their board allowed him to stay on without hiring a DoF above him. That's a bizarre decision, but from an outsider's perspective it's hard to blame their board for historically choosing profitability and fairly high chances of making top 4 over the great unknown.
I know it's hard to replace a long serving manager but Arsenal don't have a choice now I don't think... at this rate, it doesn't look like Wenger can get top four as 'easily' as in the past, so they have to bite the bullet whether or not they want to.

And yes, they needed to have some structural changes but apparently Arsene was against this. Why they didn't insist is beyond my comprehension.

Sigma

Salah scored a similar goal than the one today in the 6-0 with Chelsea:

LARulz

Sky Sports interviewing Arsenal fans, hilarious. Not the fans but the desperation to stir even more

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

I can not believe what I am reading, of course you will be called a glory hunter. You support Arsenal,it is hardly scraping the barrel, I supported Swansea back when we were in league 2 and never thought about quitting, because as a supporter you are meant to love the club.

Minimalist

Gary Neville has real blinkers.

How can you seriously blame players without additional acknowledgement of the man who coaches them?

This is really where you see his lack of objectivity. He supported Wenger last season and now it's a pride thing. He's a pretty poor pundit in all honesty.

Seij

How can you seriously blame players without additional acknowledgement of the man who coaches them?
His recent failure as a manager really seems to have made him sympathetic toward managers.

Flytan

This is really where you see his lack of objectivity. He supported Wenger last season and now it's a pride thing. He's a pretty poor pundit in all honesty.
Because he failed as a manager and he will say anything to alleviate that failure. He's a great pundit but when it comes to criticizing managers (with his history of being one and being under SAF) he's completely blind.

United22

Where is the white text?

liamp

I know it's hard to replace a long serving manager but Arsenal don't have a choice now I don't think... at this rate, it doesn't look like Wenger can get top four as 'easily' as in the past, so they have to bite the bullet whether or not they want to.

And yes, they needed to have some structural changes but apparently Arsene was against this. Why they didn't insist is beyond my comprehension.
I agree, at this point they need to rip off the plaster, but I'm just saying I understand why it's gone on for this long.

Honestly, the one takeaway I have from all this is that I'm delighted that SAF left on top. It would be heartbreaking to go through anything resembling Arsenal's level of crisis of confidence with him.

lawliet354

Last season it took Chelsea a beating to Arsenal to change the way they play and they went on to win the league, you can say it really affected Conte in how he approach the PL, I don't see Arsenal undergoes change whenever they had big loss, in the past they've lost 8-2 to us, 6-0 to Chelsea, 5-1 to Pool and now again 4-0 to Pool but don't think those losses have the same effect to Wenger as they affect Conte

They just won't get any better as long as Wenger's in charge

Minimalist

One thing that people forget. Provided they don't appoint a Moyes-like arsehole at the helm, depressing the hell out of the stadium every week. The Arsenal supporters will come together and support a new positive manager for at least a couple of seasons. Even if it's not all rosy in the beginning (think Klopp's mixed reign at Liverpool so far). Simply because it will be a fresh start with new ideas.

Nothing will change until they tell Arsene to step aside. Nothing will change.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I was in the Kop today.
One of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It all comes from Arsene and he should have gone at the end of last season. He's got nothing left in the tank, he's lost the dressing room and it will only get worse for Arsenal under him.

Under Van Gaal we were slowly turning into Arsenal - a bunch of soft ass, all pretty passing no end product, spineless pussies. Mourinho has come in and turned us around in two summers. Arsenal with the right leadership could do likewise but the board have bottled it.

Also, how bad did Wenger look in the post match interview? His eye bags were shocking, I thought he had a black eye at first! For his own health, he should have called it a day. Feel sorry for the guy.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
It's always disappointing when Liverpool/City/Chelsea get a fantastic result in a big match, but the reaction of Arsenal fans more than makes up for it. The taste of their tears is just so sweet.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A Liverpool fan whose been going for 40 years, told me that was one of the worst performance he's seen by an away side at Anfield.
The lack of work rate form every single Arsenal player was impressive.
There's no one that can convince me,the players want him there.

Lentwood

The best thing they can do is get rid of Ozil, the Ox, Sanchez and Bellerin and start again. Why on earth would you keep players at the club that don't want to be there?