Arsenal 2017/2018

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Arsenal's pr man John Cross, saying Ox and Mustafi are probably off and there still will be no incomings.
I don't know about others but I'd be flabbergasted if I was an Arsenal fan.
They're necessarily not top players, but their squad has barely improved.
And with the EL being potentially draining, it could be a nightmare.
We also don't know how Ozil and Sanchez will play this season.
They're off, so why should they care"

Moonred

It will be ridiculous if they lose Mustafi and don't buy a CB. They need a cm as well but doubt they are linked to any either.

OneUnited24

It will be ridiculous if they lose Mustafi and don't buy a CB. They need a cm as well but doubt they are linked to any either.
Wenger said last week that they have a squad of 33 players and they needed to trim it.

If they lost those two i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt get anyone. Not long to go in the window now

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Nonsense to sell a first choice when you are not after another CB. We would be left with Koscielny (injury prone), Holding (still raw), Mertesacker (his last year with us), Chambers (reserve) and two LBs used as CBs.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Poor old Arsenal! I wonder what the odds are for Wenger to still be at the helm come 1 Jan. I've said it a hundred times and I'll keep on saying it...I fear for Arsenal. I would not be surprised if that club implodes over the next few months with what they're doing...or not doing as the case may be. Of course they could easily tonk Liverpool tomorrow, storm the Europa League group stages and rocket up the league and everything's hunky dory.

I just don't get Wenger and the club right now with their decision making. It really is baffling and I can only see it unravelling before them very soon.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Poor old Arsenal! I wonder what the odds are for Wenger to still be at the helm come 1 Jan. I've said it a hundred times and I'll keep on saying it...I fear for Arsenal. I would not be surprised if that club implodes over the next few months with what they're doing...or not doing as the case may be. Of course they could easily tonk Liverpool tomorrow, storm the Europa League group stages and rocket up the league and everything's hunky dory.

I just don't get Wenger and the club right now with their decision making. It really is baffling and I can only see it unravelling before them very soon.
The club has been mismanaged for a while now. There has also been constant behind the scenes board room in-fighting for the last decade. First Dein vs. Fiszman, then Dein/Stan Kroenke vs. the old guard, then Kroenke/old guard vs. Dein and Usmanov. Now the rumours are Wenger has been at odds with Josh Kroenke, Gazidis and StatDNA over signings - apparently Mustafi, Gabriel, Lucas were all StatDNA signings that Wenger didn't want thus creating friction behind the scenes. Its all a giant mess really and massive mismanagement at different levels in the club. To think that in 2006 Arsenal was the 4th most valuable football club in the world. So many missed opportunities there.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I hope we take this seriously. Would be nice to lift a European trophy. My only memory of getting anywhere close was 2006 and was too young for 2000 so this would be nice, even if it's not too prestigious.
What you talking about? Being second best trophy in whole of europe is nothing short of extra ordinary, and you throw in the travels, the unpredictable terrains, the hectic schedule, it is still a memorable and hell of trophy to have in your european resume.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The club has been mismanaged for a while now. There has also been constant behind the scenes board room in-fighting for the last decade. First Dein vs. Fiszman, then Dein/Stan Kroenke vs. the old guard, then Kroenke/old guard vs. Dein and Usmanov. Now the rumours are Wenger has been at odds with Josh Kroenke, Gazidis and StatDNA over signings - apparently Mustafi, Gabriel, Lucas were all StatDNA signings that Wenger didn't want thus creating friction behind the scenes. Its all a giant mess really and massive mismanagement at different levels in the club. To think that in 2006 Arsenal was the 4th most valuable football club in the world. So many missed opportunities there.
It's quite sad really. Although they are one of our biggest rivals, I don't despise them anywhere near as much as Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Spurs. If we had to concede a league title, I'd rather it go to the Gooners out of that lot...or better still to another Leicester City. I guess a lot hinges on the 31st Aug.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The Daily Telegraph reports we are close in VVD. If it was true, he would even be an improvement on Mustafi.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
What you talking about? Being second best trophy in whole of europe is nothing short of extra ordinary, and you throw in the travels, the unpredictable terrains, the hectic schedule, it is still a memorable and hell of trophy to have in your european resume.
Not everyone shares that view. People will always say "but it's not the champions league is it?"

Anyway let's hope it's achievable and the the unpredictable terrains and travels are kept to a minimum.:)

Liverpool 4:0 Arsenal

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
They are woeful. Wenger should have stepped away - again - after the cup win last season.

P.S. What in God's name is up with Wenger and his obsession with Ozil? Hooked Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sanchez before him v Liverpool just now. Ozil is as meek as midfielder to ever grace the league and continually goes missing away from home in big games. It's so bizarre.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How on Earth does Welbeck start for them in a big game. Both lacazette and Giroud are better.

But the more worrying thing is the players on the pitch playing so much worse than they're capable of. That's on Wenger (as is most of this).

Buchan

If any title-hopeful need a morale-boosting win, they want to play Arsenal at home. How much of an indictment is that on Wenger's men?

An utter, utter shambles.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
After supporting Arsenal through childhood and then having to deal with the banter years of Wenger. I'm done supporting Arsenal. This will never get better and it's evident. The club is rotten to the core and only care about profit and not silverware. I'll still have love for the club but I can't follow them anymore. I cant keep having my heart broken by this club and I can't watch on as the club gets shafted by numerous people out to make a quick buck.

I'll be called fickle or a glory hunter but I'm now going to start supporting City. If the club can treat us fans like crap then why should I have to stay in the abusive relationship and put up with the same thing over and over again while being neglected. To all the other Arsenal fans who have been supporting the club since childhood. Good luck to you and I hope your health doesn't suffer as a result. I don't want to stop watching football all together but I'll still follow the results of Arsenal.

LARulz

How on Earth does Welbeck start for them in a big game. Both lacazette and Giroud are better.

But the more worrying thing is the players on the pitch playing so much worse than they're capable of. That's on Wenger (as is most of this).
Didn't Fergie start Welbeck in big games too? His work rate and positional flexibility is a huge asset. But he was never the 'main man' up top so it is a bit confusing what his role actually is at Arsenal

Shuriken

They can't play this way with their current midfielders.

Arsenal's own Santi Cazorla would have been a pretty good option for them here on out. Doesn't look like he's back anytime soon though.

Mister_Stubbs

Could someone explain why they have let both Gabriel and Mustafi go this week when they have so little option!

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
After supporting Arsenal through childhood and then having to deal with the banter years of Wenger. I'm done supporting Arsenal. This will never get better and it's evident. The club is rotten to the core and only care about profit and not silverware. I'll still have love for the club but I can't follow them anymore. I cant keep having my heart broken by this club and I can't watch on as the club gets shafted by numerous people out to make a quick buck.

I'll be called fickle or a glory hunter but I'm now going to start supporting City. If the club can treat us fans like crap then why should I have to stay in the abusive relationship and put up with the same thing over and over again while being neglected. To all the other Arsenal fans who have been supporting the club since childhood. Good luck to you and I hope your health doesn't suffer as a result. I don't want to stop watching football all together but I'll still follow the results of Arsenal.
:lol::lol:

How can you just go from supporting Arsenal to City in one day? That is extremely fickle.

Why City? Is it because of their well run club, ethical standards and their rich history?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

:lol: disgrace

prateik

Shocking performance. The worst I have seen them play in 20 years.
Nothing to do with Liverpool.. This isnt their biggest loss either.. Not even close. But the performance was horrific.

Hammerfell

Arsenal Mania is an awful forum. Ads everywhere that randomly redirect you to the app store. Terrible.

Buchan

I get the heartbreak, pal, but what?!

:lol:

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
:lol::lol:

How can you just go from supporting Arsenal to City in one day? That is extremely fickle.

Why City? Is it because of their well run club, ethical standards and their rich history?
It's not one day. I've supported Arsenal since I was 8. If I could change the club myself I would but I can't. Nothing will change. And No It's because they've got a good team and play attractive football. I have a strong dislike for Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd. City are the only team there I don't mind.

Thank you. I won't pray you find yourself in this situation. You actually have a manager and a club who want to win things and want to make sure the fans are happy.

Lentwood

That was utterly disgusting. Arsenal fans - I actually feel sorry for you and for what is happening to your club. That just isn't acceptable on so many levels from the players or the manager.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, associated with this game at Arsenal needs to go. Nothing can be salvaged from this wreckage.

Gause

how many batterings has Wenger suffered in the last 5-6 years? Its baffling to think a manager can still survive with this kind of result year in year out.

Tiber

Thank you. I won't pray you find yourself in this situation. You actually have a manager and a club who want to win things and want to make sure the fans are happy.
Stop acting like you are 5. We hired David Moyes

liamp

:confused:

We replaced Sir Alex Ferguson with David Moyes.