Arsenal 2017/2018

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I really do think 3 players would sort out Arsenal no end - provided they move back to the 4-2-3-1 system they look much better in.

Winger - Just fecking throw money at Lemar.
CM - You need someone who can play that CDM role that has a similar range of forward passing to Xhaka, otherwise you'll be so uncreative.
CB - I mean that's obvious as you seem to be selling every single one you have.

Even losing Sanchez and Ox, that would still allow them to challenge for the top 4 this season.

JSArsenal

Completely unreliable news on twitter that Usmanov is looking to sell his shares to a Qatari investor.

I don't believe it myself, giving its source but I would love if it both him and Kroenke sold their shares to someone who gives a damn about the club and wants to take us forward.

Kroenke is so short sighted it hurts, if all he cares about is profit, then he has to realize that the more successful we are on the pitch, the more popular we are off of it, which means more fans and better commercial deals.

As it is now, all of these constant embarrassments are damaging the club's reputation, which in itself won't damage the clubs bottom line because the increase in tv fees will mask any deficiencies in other areas but the club could be making so much more money if it would just invest some money to improve the team.

Jacko21

I really do think 3 players would sort out Arsenal no end - provided they move back to the 4-2-3-1 system they look much better in.

Winger - Just fecking throw money at Lemar.
CM - You need someone who can play that CDM role that has a similar range of forward passing to Xhaka, otherwise you'll be so uncreative.
CB - I mean that's obvious as you seem to be selling every single one you have.

Even losing Sanchez and Ox, that would still allow them to challenge for the top 4 this season.
The most damning thing for Arsenal is that you could've written this post 5 years ago. Arsenal's problems run much deeper.

Challenging for top four is one thing. It's another to build a squad capable of competing for the title. Arsenal haven't won the league for the 13 years - carry on as they are and that'll become 20 years. At least.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The most damning thing for Arsenal is that you could've written this post 5 years ago. Arsenal's problems run much deeper.

Challenging for top four is one thing. It's another to build a squad capable of competing for the title. Arsenal haven't won the league for the 13 years - carry on as they are and that'll become 20 years. At least.
True. But, I am just fully accepting this team's goal is not to challenge for the title this year. It has to be just get back that top 4 place, before anything. Once they get that base, just bring in Tuchel and end this sorry saga that should have seen Wenger leave a few seasons ago.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Remember when you'd get people genuinely arguing that Wenger was a better manager than Fergie?

Wasn't even that long ago that you'd still see those sort of debates.

Not anymore though.
Tactically there's isn't much between them. However, Fergie knows how to get the best out of whatever team he puts on the pitch. He's a better man manager and that makes the difference between the two as clear as day. Can you imagine Fergie with this current crop of Arsenal players?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Is this true? If so, that's quite fecking unbelievable considering some instability Chelsea went through in 11 years.

Shady

Yes this formation worked relatively well for them towards the end of last seasons, but they really don't have the players for it. Should go back to 4 at the back.

InfiniteBoredom

Tactically there's isn't much between them. However, Fergie knows how to get the best out of whatever team he puts on the pitch. He's a better man manager and that makes the difference between the two as clear as day. Can you imagine Fergie with this current crop of Arsenal players?
How can you claim that when Fergie had Wenger's number for years? He won with fecking 7 defenders starting ffs. :lol:

Fergie wasn't the best tactician at any point in his whole career, but he was still head and shoulder above Wenger. The latter has one plan and stuck to it for 20 years now. Every Tom Dick and Harry with a half decent team give him trouble.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It seems we are after a truly great player, someone who can still win us the league. His name is No, while his surname is One. No-one!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It seems we are after a truly great player, someone who can still win us the league. His name is No, while his surname is One. No-one!
If you sell Sanchez, Chamberlain and Mustafi then bring in someone like Evans, where do you think you'll finish?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Probably great. He's playing as as a striker instead of left midfield :p
Did you just made fun of yourself(as an arsenal fan)? :lol:
That's less of a lineup and more of a 'who the hell have we actually got left' kind of lineup.
Nah, it was more of a "wenger could spend record money on 3 new players but he's still gonna play his current crop of crap out of position instead of them"

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Did you just made fun of yourself(as an arsenal fan)? :lol:
:lol::lol:

I was making fun of something that was constantly mentioned here when he moved to us. But after re-reading it, I can see where you're coming from.

I blame Wenger :wenger:

antsmithmk

Hates women.
They are in total crisis. Seems like most of their best players are heading for the exit, the fans are up in arms, not linked with any real quality replacements.

C'est Moi Cantona

Can't see how Sterling could be persuaded to go there, and no way Arsenal can sell without getting a player in return, so hopefully Sanchez stays where he is.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
You can't make it up. Paying City cash plus Sanchez for Raheem fecking Stirling.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Arsenal have 5 games at home next month including visits from Bournemouth, FC Cologne, Doncaster and Brighton. Those clubs will be smelling blood and playing out of their skins. They also have to travel to Chelsea and Belarus. I would expect Arsenal to win 6 out of those games except the Chelsea one. Any other points dropped has repercussions for the league and cups even at this early stage of the season.

Wenger really needs to step it up big time and grab this team by the scruff of it's neck.

Utd7

Arsene decisions lately reminds me of Phil Jackson with the Knicks. NBA fans know what I'm talking about.

Loon

:lol:
I remember a couple of years ago, the summer Moyes was installed, one of the (now banned) Arsenal fans, who was quite vocal (had a name like "Megson" or something) proclaimed of his team: "We're back!"

I just can't imagine his mental state now.

EDIT: Think his name was "Clarkson."

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Arsene decisions lately reminds me of Phil Jackson with the Knicks. NBA fans know what I'm talking about.
Haha this analogy is spot on. When he was looking to potentially move Porzingis just because he missed a useless meeting I was absolutely fecking astonished.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What the actual feck?! :annoyed: :eek:

Even in this summer those deals would be insane, it's like Wenger is begging to be fired or stir up the fans. :lol:
Now Chamberlain has refused to join Chelsea because he doesn't want to play as wing-back.
feck off! We have changed our formation just to accommodate him.

alsabi

Gibbs goes to West Brom. I mainly remember his slip for Park's opener at the Emirates in the '09 CL semi-final second leg. How time flies.