Arsenal 2017/2018

Jacko21

Who are Arsenal actually being linked with prior to Thursday's deadline?

You know, realistic targets - unlike Lemar.

alsabi

Jonny Evans, for one. Though latest paper gossip is that he'd prefer to go to City over them.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
WBA rejected arsenal's evans bid as they dont want to sale their player to a direct rival :p:p:p

Jacko21

Maybe only Sterling :(
Jonny Evans, for one. Though latest paper gossip is that he'd prefer to go to City over them.
I'd rule both of those out. Sterling will remain. Evans, if he leaves, will surely go to City.

Arsenal have lost Gibbs and Gabriel. Mustafi could go too. Chamberlin and Sanchez have one foot out the door.

If they don't bring anyone else in, then Wenger is effectively asking Lacazette to match Sanchez's goals and assists tally from last season. And that was only good enough to secure them 5th place. So where does that leave them this season?...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I've seen Evans linked but apart from that I've only seen them linked to Sterling in a swap deal with Sanchez. Apparently Arsenal are only wanting money for Alexis though.

They're crying out for a decent CB to play alongside Koscielny and they need a midfielder to replace Cazorla. The lack of movement from them in this window is shocking.

Jacko21

I've seen Evans linked but apart from that I've only seen them linked to Sterling in a swap deal with Sanchez. Apparently Arsenal are only wanting money for Alexis though.

They're crying out for a decent CB to play alongside Koscielny and they need a midfielder to replace Cazorla. The lack of movement from them in this window is shocking.
If they let this next 48 hours pass without any incomings, then they could well self-destruct this season. It is madness.

Unmutual

If Arsenal lose both Ox and Sanchez without a top quality replacement, they could be in a world of pain this season. Defense and the base of midfield are no closer to being solved than they have been at any point in the last few years. But look at the quality of their attacking midfield and its remarkable. Over the last half a dozen years or so that was the one area of the pitch they were fully stocked, but now its woeful. They've got Walcott, Iwobi, Ozil, Welbeck and Ramsey. Dire stuff.

Arsenal need a rabbit out of the hat here, or they're going into the season proper with two defeats and easily the worst looking squad from the top 6.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Arsenal will sell Ox, Mustafi and Sanchez for straight cash and won't bring anyone in.
Disgraceful club.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like Mustafi might have to stay due to Inter and Arsenal failing to come to an agreement.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I give up. We are going bankrupt and finish like Leeds.

Would be good if this were a new thread... about Arsenal's finances.
It's impossible to confirm because the club is domiciled in Delaware.
The suggestion is that Kreonke has secured loans against the Club's cash reserves. I suspect the rumours are true.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Would be good if this were a new thread... about Arsenal's finances.
It's impossible to confirm because the club is domiciled in Delaware.
The suggestion is that Kreonke has secured loans against the Club's cash reserves. I suspect the rumours are true.
Just read it. What could our board do in that case?

Last edited:

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I give up. We are going bankrupt and finish like Leeds.

It makes sense though. We'll replace Alexis but we already have Kolasinic, Nelson and AMN to replace Chamberlain. As long as we get in decent Alexis replacement I'm reasonably happy.

It's also somewhat untrue if we've bid for Evans and Lemar.

Just read it. What could our board in that case?
Eff all as minority shareholders, Kroenke as majority shareholder can do as he pleases. He probably isn't borrowing against the cash reserves directly but against AFC which guarantees to have X amount of cash reserves.

It's the only logical reason to the ridiculous notion that "Wenger won't spend the cash reserves and Kroenke won't make him" nonsense.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They are in the mess. It is mind blowing what is happening there. Like us under moyes. If that is liverpool, celski, city i would be delighted, but i must admit i feel sorry for them. They were rival that i always respected. That rivalry in late 90s early 2000s was something really special. And when i see that instead bergkamp, henry, vieira they have players like welbeck, xhaka, ozil(the most spineless player ever) i can't help it.
I was on their forum couple of times and they are surprisingly normal. Especially towards us. Maybe i am wrong. After reading rawk everything is normal i guess...

R'hllor

There is something fishy about Arsenal funds,i dont buy it. I understand high wage bills because Wenger is a communist and he has that weird wage structure where there is no much difference in wages between best and dog shit players.

AshRK

Arsenal are in one big mess. I don't understand what is happening at their club. They still have not sold perez and debuchy, yes fecking debuchy still with them. Wenger has absolutely tarnished his legacy.

Although they could still salvage something. Sell Sanchez and but mahrez And draxler. Get some new faces and sell those who don't want to stay. They must buy players tomorrow or this may turn out to be really ugly.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If they're pissed off and don't want to be there it could be even worse.
But it's not in their interest to do feck all for a whole year. They'll get over it. It's a World Cup year anyway.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Wenger on AOC roughly 1 month ago:

“Yeah. 100 per cent. I expect him to stay. There has been no speculation. No matter what happens he will stay.”
http://news.arseblog.com/2017/07/wenger-100-ox-will-stay-no-deal-yet-with-sanchez/

Robbie from AFTV says he was told a month ago that AOC was leaving.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said Monaco have "closed the door" on a move for Thomas Lemar

And Wenger told a news conference on Thursday: "It's dead because Monaco have closed the door definitely."
http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3187...o-closed-door-on-thomas-lemar-move-to-arsenal

Today from David Ornstein:

Arsenal needed to downsize the squad, No Ox replacement, No more money to spend, Seeking Sterling for Sanchez because they have no money to spend.

The man is a pathological liar. Wenger has continually lied about everything since the contract renewal.

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

The situation is bad at Arsenal, they should have resolved this a long time ago, now they are just in a mess.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It makes no sense that there is no money to spend. Either something fishy is going on or something really fishy is going on.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Kroenke is approaching Gillet and Hicks levels of swindling the fans now.

Djemba-Djemba

Why were Arsenal trying to get rid of Mustafi anyway?

I mean he's nothing special but they're not really in the position to be chucking central defenders away.