Arsenal 2018/19

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They've been pretty lucky so far in that a lot of the teams they've played haven't punished their frailties which has allowed them to go on this little run of wins. No doubt they have the quality up front to maintain that but there are still huge questions about the defense which has been saved by poor finishing from the opposition. Nobody really expects them to be top 4 this season though so if they manage it then they'd have had a great season and can build on their flaws in the summer.

Kos Forehead

Supports
Arsenal and Boston Celtics
Once Soktaris is back, Sokratis and Holding should start. Mustafi should be no where near the bench. The Watford player turned around him with ball and he was looking at ref for offside.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone know what this is all about?

I haven't watched AFTV at all since they sacked Wenger because ya know what's the point now?

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Anyone know what this is all about?

I haven't watched AFTV at all since they sacked Wenger because ya know what's the point now?
I’m guessing that since there’s no Wenger, there’s no material, so they’re at this to suck you back in..

And it seems it’s working:drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Could make it 9 winds on the bounce. They are ahead at Fulham.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Called PEA for the golden boot, but Laca is off to a great start too. Arsenal have some crazy attacking talent with them pair, Iwobi in form, and Ozil (when he turns up) sitting just behind em.

9 wins in a row. Great work from Emery.

IAmAWinner

Emery is doing really well. Yeah they have won the easier games, but that are the games they should win to give themselves the chance of a top4, something we are incapable at times. Lacazette is on fire.

AshRK

They are doing what we are not able to do, win against so called easier teams. Full Marks to them. Unless they have a mini collapse , can't see them missing out on top 4. Heck, I wont be even surprised if they have Conte esque Chelsea season and be the real dark horse. Only thing that may hold them back is Europa.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Getting the best out of his attackers since he knows his defence is shit. Something we can't do.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The team has weaknesses still. That defence is a joke and needs to be fixed. I’d expect fifth place with a close challenge for top 4. Chelsea, Spurs, and United all are great squads so it’ll be a close run this year.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
It's really a new Arsenal.

Under Wenger we had around 70% posssession in some games, but only created around 3 clear chances maybe.

Now we only have around 50-55%, the opponent doesn't have 8 men in their box and we can create better chances like this.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The team has weaknesses still. That defence is a joke and needs to be fixed. I’d expect fifth place with a close challenge for top 4. Chelsea, Spurs, and United all are great squads so it’ll be a close run this year.
Yeah i expect our defense to always concede against top teams and this season top teams seem to be losing very few points (except United so far). It will be a huge task to finish 4th.

But it's good to be winning all these matches against weaker opposition.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Same old Arsenal. Soon as they face anyone decent they'll be shown up. Will not make the top 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The build up to the Ramsey goal was a thing of beauty.

I feel for Fulham, I don't think they deserved that pasting. But we were neo clinical. All of the finishes were excellent, with Auba and Laca scoring mirroring goals.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just shows with little bit of coaching how can you improve your style and start playing out from back.
Credit to Emery.

arthurka

Lost to Chelsea, lost to City.
If we keep Mourinho on they will finish above us. Funny how a new manager that didnt get 300m to invest this summer can have his team scoring goals? Plus Xhaka, Rob Holding and Mustafi.. Credit is due.

If we keep Mourinho on they will finish above us. Funny how a new manager that didnt get 300m to invest this summer can have his team scoring goals? Plus Xhaka, Rob Holding and Mustafi.. Credit is due.
Yep Emery didn't get any new defenders and I didn't hear him complaining

AndyJ1985

Another manager who is improving a team within months and without spending the budget of a small country.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Same old Arsenal. Soon as they face anyone decent they'll be shown up. Will not make the top 4.
Same old Arsenal?
We lost nearly all away games last season against many poor teams.

Now we have 3 away wins in a row already. Against Chelsea we could have scored 4 or 5 goals.
With this squad it's quite good so far.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Has he been playing? :lol:
He played 6 out of our 8 EPL matches and was only rested today because he played midweek in Azebaijan. And he's been solid as a rock, especially since he's been paired with the clown Mustafi for most of the time. Your point should be that you don't need a 50m defender to improve your current crop of defenders seeing as we got Sokratis for 15m.

He played 6 out of our 8 EPL matches and was only rested today because he played midweek in Azebaijan. And he's been solid as a rock, especially since he's been paired with the clown Mustafi for most of the time. Your point should be that you don't need a 50m defender to improve your current crop of defenders seeing as we got Sokratis for 15m.
Ok fair enough ❤

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Good performance today. We keep moving the ball quickly and with purpose. Our defense is still super dodgy but at the moment I feel like we can always come up with goals. We still need to get a defender in January.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
A decent Arsenal squad, they are playing really great attacking football and should be commended, people are saying that they are playing against 'lesser' teams(I do not know what that means),Man united have lost to Brighton, and west ham ,I have not heard that the above mentioned teams are competing for the top four.

Secondly, Emery and Sari have rubbished the myth that you need 'time' and 'money' to stamp your identity on a team.

Ether

They're smashing the lower sides, which is what you need in order to make top 4. Should've beaten your lot as well, if not for some horrendous finishing.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Mkhi looked wayyyy better in centre than Ozil does. He presses more and runs with it more. Thanks again Utd for him!! I hope we stick with this team.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Torreira makes a huge difference for our midfield. Xhaka has been a huge beneficiary.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have they played anyone decent yet?
They have 9 wins on the bounce. Have we played anyone decent? They started the season with City home and Chelsea away, and did relatively decent though lost both. And since then have won every game, averaging 3 goals a game. Cant ask for anything more from a new manager tbf.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Harder fixture list than Man. United this season for sure. Also played Everton who are improving every week now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Last season aside Arsenal generally do beat the sides they're supposed to, it's when they face the better sides they come unstuck so I'm not surprised the run they're on (let's not overlook that Watford actually battered them last week but couldn't score) plus Arsenal fans are twats so I refuse to give their side any credit

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I knew they would improve this season. Arsene Wenger was the worst manager in the PL.

Bobski

They have some good attacking players but a mediocre lot in midfield and defense. Just the nature of this league though, Flat track bullying takes you a long way and given that there are so many poor teams in the bottom 12 concentrating on trying to outgun them is a valid strategy. You don't have to be particularly good to get high points totals in this league, look at Utd last year for confirmation.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Seeing as our goal this season is to get back in the top four, I'll take flat track bullying any day of the week. And I think we'll be able to get results against Utd/Spurs.