Arsenal 2020/21 - General Discussion

Ludens the Red

Funny night for them. Actually played really well for 35 mins. Not seen them attack so well since Wenger and then it all blew up in first half injury time :lol:
I almost felt sorry for them then remembered old Trafford 2003.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
That red card was harsh IMO a lot of ridiculous decision being made in that last 2-3 weeks by refs.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The Southampton in our game wasn’t red but this one was in my opinion. Luiz knew what he was doing, trip the leg which also denying goal scoring opportunity. He didn’t complain as well as soon as he received the red.

Giggs86

They became a parody club that play just for banter. Never seen a bigger clown than Luiz in world football, starting him is a guaranteed red card/peno/own goal/all of the above. And Leno, wow :lol:

Raredaredevil

They are pretty much a mid table team now and we are their cup final. I'll be happy to drop points to them every season if it means their position and ours remain like this for as long as possible. Hate this club. The most self entitled and disgusting set of fans. They deserve this mediocrity.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They played really well in the first half and then all of a sudden they found a way to mess it up.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Saka is genuinely such a good player. They played really well but Arsenal'd them up. Villa next for them.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Funny night for them. Actually played really well for 35 mins. Not seen them attack so well since Wenger and then it all blew up in first half injury time :lol:
It's why I'm not annoyed with the game last night, frustrated yes, but not angry. We are clicking more as an attacking unit now, only to be undone by 10 seconds of madness at the end of the half that totally swung the game.

If we can keep up that level of first half performance, we should be challenging for top 6. Last night with the score at 1-0 we were actually 6th, so it's certainly there for us to aim for.

DanClancy

Saka is genuinely such a good player. They played really well but Arsenal'd them up. Villa next for them.
Was he highly rated before he broke into the 1st team? I can't recall hearing anything about him before last season which is unusual considering how good he is.

THM

Supports
Arsenal
Was he highly rated before he broke into the 1st team? I can't recall hearing anything about him before last season which is unusual considering how good he is.
Yep, he was always playing up an age group in the youth teams both for England and Arsenal. Again, he was played as a left back in the England youth team but was primarily a left winger growing up.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
They are pretty much a mid table team now and we are their cup final. I'll be happy to drop points to them every season if it means their position and ours remain like this for as long as possible. Hate this club. The most self entitled and disgusting set of fans. They deserve this mediocrity.
Why do United fans believe any team that takes points off them is treating the game as a cup final? Why would you be our cup final? We're shit but you aren't much better, beating you really isn't an achievement these days.

hubbuh

Why do United fans believe any team that takes points off them is treating the game as a cup final? Why would you be our cup final? We're shit but you aren't much better, beating you really isn't an achievement these days.
The only team that it would be impressive to beat these days is City. It wouldn't be particularly surprising to see any of the other 19 teams lose on any given match day.

El Presidente

Well, we are, actually. But I do hate the “cup final” reasoning, yeah.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
We are actually much better than Arsenal.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
We are actually much better than Arsenal.
Much better is an overstatement. I'd say we're pretty close quality wise if we have our full complement available. Its the fact Partey has been injured for most of the season and we've got whats it now 5 red cards thats making the difference in points. Basically I'd rate our performances in the respective head to head indicative of our levels. Utd were just slightly better than Arsenal in both matches, but only just.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Much better is an overstatement. I'd say we're pretty close quality wise if we have our full complement available. Its the fact Partey has been injured for most of the season and we've got whats it now 5 red cards thats making the difference in points. Basically I'd rate our performances in the respective head to head indicative of our levels. Utd were just slightly better than Arsenal in both matches, but only just.
Yeah, that's... Nope.

Robbie Boy

And of course you remembered that they actually signed David Luiz.

meamth

Every generic Arsenal fan has this belief. Not surprised.

On the other hand, my Arsenal fan mates has been pathetic. It's been 2 days since the defeat and they kept posting stories about that red card injustice.

My god. It's a fecking red. Just take that fact!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This is why Arsenal fans are largely hated, absolutely zero perspective.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal

On the other hand, my Arsenal fan mates has been pathetic. It's been 2 days since the defeat and they kept posting stories about that red card injustice.

Sometimes I forget i'm on a Utd forum, filled with generic Utd fans.

tjb

Dunno what you expect from Arsenal fans...if you go to their forums from 07 and move till now, they have genuinely always been delusional about the quality of their team based on how they play( played). They genuinely believed that their team was on the same level as our is 08, or that they were not too dissimilar for City in 14.

Reminds me a bit of Liverpool fans prior to 2013, legitimately believing that beating us at Anfield or OT showcased that our levels were actually similar and that with just a little more consistency they would be able to win the league.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Dunno what you expect from Arsenal fans...if you go to their forums from 07 and move till now, they have genuinely always been delusional about the quality of their team based on how they play( played). They genuinely believed that their team was on the same level as our is 08, or that they were not too dissimilar for City in 14.

Reminds me a bit of Liverpool fans prior to 2013, legitimately believing that beating us at Anfield or OT showcased that our levels were actually similar and that with just a little more consistency they would be able to win the league.
We completely imploded after Eduardo had his leg broken yet you only finished 4 points ahead of us that season? Forget being on your level, in the first half of that season we were better than you.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We completely imploded after Eduardo had his leg broken yet you only finished 4 points ahead of us that season? Forget being on your level, in the first half of that season we were better than you.
Still finished 3rd :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
To be fair, Arsenal would've won the league in recent years had there not been countless teams better than them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not really, after 19 games ManUtd were top of the table.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
13 points is the difference between the two sides, we're a lot better than your lot

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal fans, most of them said Emile Smith Rowe is better than Bruno.

The delusion. Will never admit his quality.
Yes, ESR is way better than Bruno and Martinelli is better than Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood combined.
You're doing great and we're in a slump but do you really need to go that far with the hyperboles ? Anyone saying that is an absolute moron, whatever club he supports.
Such a vulture atmosphere everytime you don't get the 3 points against Arsenal... like clockwork. You're not due anything. You just won a game 9-0 ffs, enjoy life :lol:

justsomebloke

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to claim Arsenal would have been 2nd in the PL but for their red cards and Partey's injury. There was a long stretch where they were consistently just terrible, and while Partey may be good, he's not the difference between a shit team and top team. But also there's a big difference between the Arsenal we've seen for the past 6-7 rounds (at least mostly), and before that. Right now, I'd consider them a top 6-quality opponent. If they keep it up at this level, there might still be a chance of EL qualification.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal

That was straight up cheating from the ref if you don’t get it then maybe you need to watch it again. We were playing excellent football and creating chances before the ref ruined it by cheating. Never should have been a red people have ever right to be upset.

meamth

That was straight up cheating from the ref if you don’t get it then maybe you need to watch it again. We were playing excellent football and creating chances before the ref ruined it by cheating. Never should have been a red people have ever right to be upset.
Every Arsenal fan said it was injustice.

Truth is, there's two sides of it. Imho, that was a red, according to the rule book.

here:

EDIT:

So it's so easy isn't it? Just pretend like you're running hard to chase the runner but hoping for accidental collision/tangled legs. That's what Luiz did.
He was stupidly careless, that was it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
To be honest I’m glad to see the Arsenal fans on here as delusional as the ones I meet in real life. Provides some nice perspective. I’ve yet to meet an Arsenal fan who fairly rates their team.

justsomebloke

What, you seriously think the referee "cheated", because he made a call you disagreed with? Get a grip man.

Also, it was a sound call as far as I can see. There is clearly contact, the contact clearly caused the player the fall, so that's clumsy of Luiz and a penalty. And by the letter of the law, the sending off is correct too, as he is not trying to go for the ball.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Looked a red to me. The clown has previous so I'm not considering it to be an accident. It would have been nice if the ref had double checked though. If we'd put away our early chances then it wouldn't even be an issue.

the_cliff

To be fair to Arsenal I do think other teams fans actually underrate their team, while they overrate them, truth is somewhere in the middle. I do think they have a squad that should at least be in the Europa places.

AshRK

Yes you were hard done but these conspiracy theories that Arsenal fans bring is doing my head. We got fecked by refs during Sheffield game, shit happens but you didn't see our fans (at least majority) switching the focus on refs and giving the team the free pass. It was a penalty. More questions should be asked to Leno for his stupid red card.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
What, you seriously think the referee "cheated", because he made a call you disagreed with? Get a grip man.

Also, it was a sound call as far as I can see. There is clearly contact, the contact clearly caused the player the fall, so that's clumsy of Luiz and a penalty. And by the letter of the law, the sending off is correct too, as he is not trying to go for the ball.
I think if he decided to give a red after seeing VAR then it’s cheating yes. Luiz was running behind the player and his back leg caught Luiz knee. I’m not sure how that’s ever intentional and anyway does Luiz not have to right to run behind the player? No way it’s a sending off and I would hotly dispute the penalty.