Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Put Tiago Silva, Kante and Lukaku in Arsenal team and they'd be making top 4 no problem. Just shows how far Chelsea are ahead of Arsenal these days in terms of experienced signings when go back 6-7 years ago and there wasn't that much between them. Infact go back to 18/19 season and there was grand total of 2 points between them.

But Chelsea got top 4, put Arsenal in their place in europa final and even with transfer ban have moved well ahead again.
Bad manager choices I’d put it down to for falling so far behind, everyone knows Arsenal were set up to play attacking stylish football and had players to play it but never had the manager to coach it after Wenger left.

brzez

If I said that Arsenal would challenge for top 4 with this squad would most on here say I was delusional? Seriously, you guys are better than us, City have just been champions, Chelsea are Champions of Europe, & Liverpool have recently been both of these already, & you think I should demand Arsenal are top 4?

As awop says, when you are buying players that are exclusively U23, you are buying are trying to build a team / squad for the mid term. Do I expect improvement in both results & performances, of course I do. Do I expect us to finish higher than teams that are better than us, can't say I do.
You and other Arsenal fans here were delusional last year and you deserve the stick. Just go into my profile and read the discussions I had with you and other Arsenal fans, most memorably you arguing about how good and young squad you have, whereas I told you it was pure shit. One year later and I’m wondering if you still think Gabriel/Saliba/Martinelli/Saka still a prospect on Greenwoods level?

Deery

Dreary
Are those guys really a higher level than what they signed?
Better than what they have anyway, White I don’t rate at all and would’ve signed Dunk instead.

Time will tell on Odegaard but he wasn’t exactly pulling up trees last season.

Classical Mechanic

Many people have argued Ramsdale weaknesses but he surely has strengths.
So, genuine question, what are they ?
He's a very good all round keeper when on form. Decent with the ball at his feet and at sweeping, commanding and a good shot-stopper. He had a terrible first half to the season last year which sticks in everyone's mind but he improved a lot in the second half of the season and actually finished with better shot-stopping stats than both Henderson and De Gea (although both were disappointing). Last season he was 5th in the league for collecting crosses and 9th for sweeping. I think they're buying him on the potential of him being a very solid PL keeper. I think the big question mark is over his mentality and if he gets stuck in ruts of prolonged poor form.

He’s better than Xhaka I think anyway, but if you’re throwing £50m at Pau Torres?
He's a different type of player to McGinn really. I think McGinn's spectacular goals flatter to deceive though, he's a good Premier League player don't get me wrong but not one to elevate Arsenal anywhere.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Put Tiago Silva, Kante and Lukaku in Arsenal team and they'd be making top 4 no problem. Just shows how far Chelsea are ahead of Arsenal these days in terms of experienced signings when go back 6-7 years ago and there wasn't that much between them. Infact go back to 18/19 season and there was grand total of 2 points between them.

But Chelsea got top 4, put Arsenal in their place in europa final and even with transfer ban have moved well ahead again.
Chelsea don't do with failed project especially managers. I didn't know exactly what is chelsea s board bar for managerial continuity. But they don't keep around the manager if they think they are not good enough.

Frankly Klopp wouldn't have survived for first two seasons at chelsea like he did with liverpool in his initial days.

Totally contrast style of managements. Can't able to compare chelsea model to arsenal model from spending to ruthlessness to set the bar for continuity.

iKnowNothing

I wonder why Arsenal went for Ramsdale for their back up goalie even they could have got someone like Sergio Romero on a free transfer.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

It just seems the journos are being extra careful while writing about Arteta out of some fear (not backed by stats or eye test) of what if Arteta turns things around

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Comfortably worse than Spurs/Leicester and solidly midtable. Not sure they can risk keeping Arteta on much longer.

Irwin99

Looked awful. A bit better in the second half but I don't think Chelsea even needed to play that well to beat them.

Delano

They're a mid table team. I don't think this is a Lampard situation either; a quality side limited by the manager, everything about them is just average.

izec

They are done. Not top 4 fight any longer, but EL and conference league or however that shit is called. They now transition into Everton

mu4c_20le

They were without thier 50m CB but holy feck, Holding wouldn't even get into the Leeds team

RoyH1

They are done. Not top 4 fight any longer, but EL and conference league or however that shit is called. They now transition into Everton
Agree. Prime SAF could manage this lot and still not finish top 3. Terrible slide into mediocrity from what once was a perennial contender.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
They're a mid table team. I don't think this is a Lampard situation either; a quality side limited by the manager, everything about them is just average.
Well Emery did much better with a worse Arsenal squad when the league was very competitive. Clearly the coach.

Pep's Suit

Those Arsenal youngsters must be some of the most overrated in Europe by their own fans. Saka, Smith-Rowe, Martinalli who AFTV talk about like Real could try to sign him any day. It's ridiculous. COmbined with Tierney who's fine but I swear he's fit for less than half of their games.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Those Arsenal youngsters must be some of the most overrated in Europe by their own fans. Saka, Smith-Rowe, Martinalli who AFTV talk about like Real could try to sign him any day. It's ridiculous. COmbined with Tierney who's fine but I swear he's fit for less than half of their games.
I think the same thing is happening like it happened with us and Januzaj when the rest of the team was absolute shambles and some of us were overrating him.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Blaming injuries, missing 9 big players. Blame blame blame. Never Arteta fault. I have a few Gooner friends and they have pretty much written off this season. Bit drastic. But I love it when Arsenal are struggling.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Blaming injuries, missing 9 big players. Blame blame blame. Never Arteta fault. I have a few Gooner friends and they have pretty much written off this season. Bit drastic. But I love it when Arsenal are struggling.
To be fair, we do have a lot of injuries. Gabriel, White, Partey, Odegaard, Aubameyang, Lacazette probably missing from the first XI. However, that's no excuse for giving Reece James the freedom of the right flank, & also just goes to highlight how weak the squad options are as well.

Hopefully at the very least of shows MO the Arsenal fan on here that Mari is poor & Gabriel is miles better, never mind Harry Maguire!

Brophs

The One and Only
It’s been said that one of the big selling points in Arteta’s favour was this apprenticeship with Pep and the fact he was going to go down a similar route. But the style of play he’s introduced is nothing like Pep’s and he’s spending massive money on some pretty questionable signings. You wonder when he’ll run out of credit. He looks to me to be a guy who’s creating an expensive squad that the next guy in the door will have to immediately dismantle.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Reminds me of LFC before the structure of the club got revamped and we signed Klopp. But before that it was similar to this Arsenal. A club with no real strategy or direction, splurging loads of cash on average players - partly due to no Europe - and showing zero signs of real progress.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It’s been said that one of the big selling points in Arteta’s favour was this apprenticeship with Pep and the fact he was going to go down a similar route. But the style of play he’s introduced is nothing like Pep’s and he’s spending massive money on some pretty questionable signings. You wonder when he’ll run out of credit. He looks to me to be a guy who’s creating an expensive squad that the next guy in the door will have to immediately dismantle.
He's trying to bruteforce a way of playing that suits world class players that can just adapt on the fly and create brilliance out of nothing because he was surrounded by that at City.
Not understanding that he can't do the same thing (offensively at least) with our squad after 2 years will be the end of him.
I have no doubts he will be sacked in December at the latest or after the Leicester game on October 30th.
Sambi doesn't look too bad
He looks pretty tidy and a good depth signing. He seems pretty fluent in English and speaks French so he should be able to fit in very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.