Kick-off
Sun, 10 March 2019 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 69 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    10:03
    Players saying he should get the job
    All your players say they want you to get it, does their opinion matter?

Of course I love managing these boys, love working here and as I said so many times I’m just doing the best I can every single day and if and when it comes to decision to be made we’ve got to think about that.

DomesticTadpole

10:05
    Solskjaer on Arsenal selection
    Selection dilemma?

Same decisions you always have when you go into a game you’ve got to consider their approach, systems, is impossible to predict they change a lot, look at who’s fit and how we approach the game, different kind of systems or counter attacking game or a different type of game but now of course fitness issue plays in more than ever, got players coming in, players who put a shift in, one of the hardest nights we had physically, probably this one and the Arsenal Cup game were the two toughest games we had. Scott and Fred covered the ground so much and is something we have to consider.

DomesticTadpole

10:06
    On positivity
    How important is a positive mind set?

I don’t know how, I don’t know any other way to approach things every single time I’ve been injured you have to look at what opportunity this gives you and when players are injured I can play S, F and A, it was hard to leave Ander Paul Nemanja out they played fantastic now that gave me the perfect chance to see them, that’s just me, I’ve always been I can’t control how many players are out. It’s always been me ( to be positive) in my upbringing where I come from, smashed my cheekbone in a reserve team game and diary back home, next morning or two days after, what opportunity do this give me because I couldn’t do any physical contact, could do fitness work and finishing work, it’s always been with me.

10:05

DomesticTadpole

10:07
    On managing the club
    Is it possible to manage this club if you’ve not got an affinity with them?

Sir Alex came in without having any ties and he put his life into it and you’ve got to put your life into it but it helps I know the club.

DomesticTadpole

10:10
    On Rashford
    Do you see a player who could stay here 10/12 years?

That’d be fantastic and we call it the legends we’ve had at this club that have stayed so long and one club players and we hope Rashy’s gonna be one to them up to him and us if he keeps producing he’ll stay in the team and that’s up to him.

Have you seen rapid maturity from him in the past three months?

You don’t see too much of change in a player in three months but he’s 21 and you’re excused if sometimes you hit the highs and are a bit off the [ace and Rashy don’t expect consistency yet but he’s got quality finishing striking of the ball attitude. Yeah (can be prolific), keep battering him with it he should score more goals as Rom after training sessions, simple tap ins, like Rom scored in last few games, Rashford goals are sometimes worldies and he does have a sensational strike but you see improvement and maturity and change in Cristiano’s goals from young to now and that’s what Rashy has to improve as well his tap ins movement in the box, stay in the box, maybe not get away from the centre backs a few more times, just get those five or 10 extra goals, he’s been told that.

DomesticTadpole

10:10
    More on the job
    How do you deal with all the comments from people?

No problem, absolutely everyone likes to get complimented and meet people that are happy but doesn’t change my approach whatsoever, I’m good at focusing on what I shall be focusing on and that’s not thinking about that part of it.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
    Draw would be okay but we should be looking to win this.

They have one day preparation. They're playing Mustafi at right back. Ramsey has been their best player and he's leaving. Xhaka.

DomesticTadpole

10:11
    On Lukaku
    What’s changed in his game?

I don’t think a lot has changed, been asked to play wide a few times provide more chances but now hes more in and around the box, played with two up at PSG and they might form a very nice partnership together, wouldn’t like them two to be running at me.

sam147

We need to keep our focus in this game. Arsenal lost to Rennes but they still have dangerous players. We are without Lingard who is usually important against Arsenal. Hopefully Pogba steps up, especially seeing as he didnt play midweek.

Kapardin

We need to keep our focus in this game. Arsenal lost to Rennes but they still have dangerous players. We are without Lingard who is usually important against Arsenal. Hopefully Pogba steps up, especially seeing as he didnt play midweek.
    Thing about Arsenal is defeats and victories do not matter to them. Their form table is cyclic and happens no matter what. Bayern can twat them 5-0 in the CL and the very next week they will beat some team convincingly in the league and go on a winning run until the next dip.

We need to be careful. I'm glad we have Smalling-Lindelof for this game, Jones might find it hard to cope.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Martial, Matic and Herrera being fit for this would be amazing. If they're fully ready then the 3 surely have to start.
    De gea
    Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw
    Matic
    Herrera Pogba
    Lukaku Rashford Martial​

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    A win would be massive for our too 4 holes. I don’t see why we can’t do it again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Are there any news or rumors ?
    “Eric's fine,” said the boss. “Anthony will be available and, hopefully, we'll have Nemanja and/or Ander ready as well, so we're looking better for it. They just need to have another couple of days' training with the team. They've done well in their recovery work.”

tonnas

if we manage to get martial and one of matic and herrera fit, it would be amazing! Very confident we can beat them and have a cushion above them

Mihai

Are there any news or rumors ?
    Judging by what Ole said, the only possibility is Martial. And even him would be valued after today's training session.

EDIT: saw the comments above.

tony54

Herrera and Pogba, yes. Matic, no. McTominay in last three games has offered the midfield dynamism we’ve lacked due to the immobility of Matic.
    I like Matic but mctominay has really excelled in 2 of his last three games. He is like matic in covering a lot of ground but age is on his side now. It might be a difficult, but good, dilemma for Oly..
    Our midfield is a lot more dynamic now that Herrera is playing all the time and I can visualise mctom and Herrera being quite a force. No matter what happens with Matic and mctom, we have two able defensive midfielders.

We have another thrilling next game to watch , '' captain, I canni hold it any more''

Last edited:

Raven

Don't care if Matic is fit or not. Would love it if Hererra and Matial are back.

OldTrevil

Sounds like Martial is the one fit to start with Matic and Herrera on the bench.

-----------DDG-----------
    Young--Mike--Lindelof--Shaw
    ------Scott---Fred-------
    ----------Pogba----------
    Rashford--Lukaku--Martial

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    The better player should come back into the team nonetheless. McTominay has not done anything that should put him ahead of Matic.
    He's played in a number of wins.

Matic has looked slow and suspect every time I've watched, and I've watched every single game.
    There's this myth that he'd walk into our side. The only thing accurate about that is, that he'd walk.

Raw

Arsenal will be without Torreira (suspended), Bellerin, Holding and Welbeck (all injured).

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    10:07
    On managing the club
    Is it possible to manage this club if you’ve not got an affinity with them?

Sir Alex came in without having any ties and he put his life into it and you’ve got to put your life into it but it helps I know the club.
    Top diplomacy there, it would have been so easy to stick the boot into Jose but he resists the temptation and praises Fergie at the same time.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Arsenal will be without Torreira (suspended), Bellerin, Holding and Welbeck (all injured).
    Leno

Mustafi
    Sokratis
    Koscielny
    Kolasanic

Guendouzi
    Xhaka
    Ramsey

Lacazette
    Auba
    Iwobi

Is that the likely line up?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Reckon one of Mkhi and Ozil will come in somewhere.
    Ahhh yeah Mkhi - in instead of Iwobi I think.

Although he did play the majority of yesterdays game as a RWB and run himself into the ground.

RedCurry

Whilst depriving us of control.
    Matic is a good player who compliments Herrera and Pogba well. He's been especially good since Ole arrived. But I don't think he's undroppable. He doesn't provide midfield control like Carrick did. So many times even since Ole, we've seen players just jog past him which leaves a lot of defensive pressure on Herrera.

Matic might be marginally better at passing and against the press. But overall, McTominay might give us some more balance. Either way, Matic isn't good enough to walk straight back into the team and that's my point.

haram

I think Emery will go Iwobi - Ramsey - Mkhi

Lacazette up front, Guendouzi & Xhaka CM.

Kapardin

The few Arsenal fans I know are not optimistic at all about this one. They're all a bit worried we'll shred up their defence.
    Despite the result against PSG, we still have injuries and a second string midfield. Makes Arsenal favorites actually.

If Chelsea draw or lose, I won't mind a draw as that wouldn't change the positions of all 3 teams in the top 4 race. If Chelsea win their game, we have to win ours as they have a game in hand.

Trizy

Matic is a good player who compliments Herrera and Pogba well. He's been especially good since Ole arrived. But I don't think he's undroppable. He doesn't provide midfield control like Carrick did. So many times even since Ole, we've seen players just jog past him which leaves a lot of defensive pressure on Herrera.

Matic might be marginally better at passing and against the press. But overall, McTominay might give us some more balance. Either way, Matic isn't good enough to walk straight back into the team and that's my point.
    Agreed.

Energy in a high pressing, fast moving side is a great quality to offer from McTominay. He's also aerial dominant like Matic.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
    Martial is ready, and Matic, Herrera look like they will be too according to Ole..

BigBebe

I am not sure that he will start McTominay in this game. I know there 3 days recovery time but he looked really, really spent after Wednesday's game

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 469 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw