Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Yeah. As long as United, City and Chelsea are as rich as we are, then nobody else can realistically have a sustained title challenge, unless they get taken over as well. They can challenge once every few years or so, if they keep hold of their best players and build a team, but to challenge year after year, they simply don't have the financial resources to do that.
Agree. Although my problem with Arsenal is that they are charging the fans as if they are challenging for the titles every year.

So I can see why the fans are pissed as it's only them and their bank accounts that are losing out.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Yeah. As long as United, City and Chelsea are as rich as we are, then nobody else can realistically have a sustained title challenge, unless they get taken over as well. They can challenge once every few years or so, if they keep hold of their best players and build a team, but to challenge year after year, they simply don't have the financial resources to do that.
Thing is with FFP coming into full force even Chelsea and City won't be able to challenge us long term. There is only so much Mata and David Luiz type players Chelsea can sell balancing the books before they run dry.

Our and Arsenal's (To a lesser extent) revenue's will give us such a massive monopoly over everyone else in the Premier league in years to come, assuming FFP keeps getting enforced. It's going to be very hard for Chelsea and City to build world class squads after their current ones age without ££ soon, so unless their academies produce untold gems they should enjoy challenging while it lasts....

izec

They should have sacked him a few weeks ago when Moysey was still available, now they cant get a better replacement.

Brightonian

Moyes #1 transfer target, according to rumours. Just imagine what the La Liga referees are going to make of him!

LARulz

"We were 3-0 down to a pub team"

"So should we die then"

:lol::wenger:

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Worst thing about the game was how we gifted them the goals. I think it is easier to take if the team plays better than you on the day but Stoke weren't even that good. They weren't even that good but all the goals came from defensive errors. All shocking errors that even average defenders shouldn't make.

To make things worse Giroud should have equalised with a simple header but fecks up. Guy has a habit of fecking up when it really counts. I'd put it down to him being rusty had he not been missing similar chances for 2 years now.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Seems that reports of Arsenal fans physically fighting each other are true although I can't find any videos but some fans were saying that they won't be going to away matches again.

FujiVice

Serious question - is Arsenal Fan Claude a bit ... odd? Every time I see him his eyes look gone. Like he's done something earlier in his life that he cant quite stop thinking about and is using Arsenal as some form of release.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That Arsenal fella with Arsenal jackets, headphones and water bottle. :lol:

Wanting Wenger out cannot be called a kneejerk reaction anymore, in my opinion. Wenger's not solved problems they've had for years now.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Arsenal going to stoke has pretty much become eat, sleep, lose repeat.

OneUnited24

Serious question - is Arsenal Fan Claude a bit ... odd? Every time I see him his eyes look gone. Like he's done something earlier in his life that he cant quite stop thinking about and is using Arsenal as some form of release.
:lol:

Really digging a little deep there aren't you? I think hes just passionate for his team and it kills him to watch how a lot of these younger fans support Wenger ahead of the club. I mean we saw a glimpse of it last season where people here seemed to back Moyes ahead of the club, imagine how frustrating it would be if Moyes was still here doing badly for us

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
I feel for Claude. Every video, he looks sadder and sadder. I feel something might happen to him soon.

As for Ty, he's a grade A c*nt with no respect for fellow senior Arse fans.

zing

Zingle balls
Feel proper sorry for the likes of @peterstorey

Decent guy, loves his team but, has to put up with this crap, year in and year out.
He's one of the lot with his head in the sand and would tell you the club's got everything right with financial stability.

OneUnited24

You kind of feel hes not an Asnl fan, every video hes so deluded and talks about how you have to keep backing Wenger because he'll get it right - anyone could tell you hes not the man to take them to win the league and if Asnl have any ambition to they have to get rid but for him Wenger IS Asnl FC.

Still funny to watch mind you, I've watched that Vine 20 times!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Am I the only person here who thinks that those two twats arguing with each other are simply set up? It's all staged just to get the hits and stuff?

Surely not the only one, no?

saivet

Am I the only person here who thinks that those two twats arguing with each other are simply set up? It's all staged just to get the hits and stuff?

Surely not the only one, no?
I think it's only set up in that they're making them be on the same video together. I think that's as far as the 'setting up' goes. With a history of arguing with each other and plenty of other fans behind them, it only adds to their drama.

They're both clearly passionate with very contrasting opinions.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
as said, this is a disgrace for them to sack wenger, esp if there is no prosper candidate to fill in the shoe. but if klopp or simone all will have their last season in their respective league, and they will appear in the premier league by the next season, if i were them i would then sit down with wenger to have a talk.

for they should not sack him, the only solution will then be making a promotion for him. remove him from his current position for obvious reason he no longer has the capability to turn things around, but promote him to sit in the board to advise on the planning and development issue which is his strength
I agree with you. Sacking him would be a big mistake. If they have a replacement arranged then they can look into it. But this needs to be done in a dignified manner. I still think that Arsenal owes Wenger a lot.

mufcwarm92

I still don't think there's a genuine threat that they won't get top 4, such is the dearth of quality fighting for it this year. I still think they'll get 3rd.

OneUnited24

I agree with you. Sacking him would be a big mistake. If they have a replacement arranged then they can look into it. But this needs to be done in a dignified manner. I still think that Arsenal owes Wenger a lot.
Based on what? An unbeaten league campaign over 10 years ago? An FA cup win last season?

This seems to be the point Wenger supporters fall back on without giving any evidence of why they still owe him. People credit him for building the stadium single handily and keeping them in the top 4 throughout the "transition" well I'm sorry given the level of competition for top 4 from other teams during this "transition" I'd be surprised if they didn't make the UCL. Now i'm happy for Asnl to keep Wenger, in fact I encourage it but if I was an Asnl fan I would really want the club to show him the door as hes no longer the man to take them to the next level.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I feel for Claude. Every video, he looks sadder and sadder. I feel something might happen to him soon.

He's a Wenger knows best type that's for sure. I think it was after the Swansea game he was asked Wenger in or out? And he kept harping on about what Wenger had done for Arsenal in winning titles etc

Status
Not open for further replies.