Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asger

:lol:

He's one of the reasons we've been so shit this year, he wouldn't even be starting if Wilshere was fit. You seem to be implying that he's too good for us but I can assure you that is far from the case.

I have never understand this Wilshere hype! Im not even sure that he is much better than Cleverley..

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You Liverpool fans still not gotten over his decision to join us instead of you?
No. And the fact we got Balotelli instead compounds the bitterness.

However, the schadenfrade of what he's going through (and Suarez being Messi's personal boot cleaner) helps a lot. :)

VanGaalEra

Bright lights. That's it really. Though the chronic lack of bottle and ambition will get to him eventually but by that time he'll have become an ex-footballing great. I doubt if even PSG will come in for him in the summer. Maybe Zenit or some other rich irrelevant club?
:lol: :lol:

Think he was smart enough to realise that last season was an exception for Liverpool and they'll return to normality. As has been evidenced this season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wenger quite simply has to go for the club to move forward.
I don't think Wenger is the problem in terms of his management. He does need to get a clue with his defense though. The players they have at the moment aren't remotely adequate.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I have never understand this Wilshere hype! Im not even sure that he is much better than Cleverley..
He's obviously a much better player than Cleverley, but he'll never amount to much because of his injuries.

Kazi

I don't think Wenger is the problem in terms of his management. He does need to get a clue with his defense though. The players they have at the moment aren't remotely adequate.
Steve Bould was meant to be the man to sort out Arsenal defensively. Seems like he's a bit useless.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Bright lights. That's it really. Though the chronic lack of bottle and ambition will get to him eventually but by that time he'll have become an ex-footballing great. I doubt if even PSG will come in for him in the summer. Maybe Zenit or some other rich irrelevant club?
:lol:

thejtrain

He's obviously a much better player than Cleverley, but he'll never amount to much because of his injuries.
Agree with the first part but is it really the injuries holding him back? Personally, I just don't think he's all that but surely a lot of people should now be wondering where all the hype was coming from? Honestly, he's the first player that comes to my mind when someone talks about overrated English players.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Goonersworld is hilarious:

You offered me out on Arsenal-Mania, after telling me what a racist club Arsenal are for having white kids in one of their photos. When I joined this forum, after you told me you were Poster of the Month, I saw a whole thread dedicated to someone you had offered out here.
Alexander Graham Bell and the like must be so glad they legged it up the patent office to give you a chance to vent. Well done. I feel a Pride of Britain award coming.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Eh, they did.

Anyway, it's poor form. I'd replace Wenger at the end of the season, but I wouldn't abuse him, Arsenal owe him a lot.
One man surrounded by a whole bunch of embarrassed faces? Don't think it compares to a bunch of fans waiting at the train station to boo and demand the exit of their manager.

Wenger should have gone after the F.A. Cup final in the summer, it would have been good to go out with a trophy. Chances are now that he'll leave the club after a barren season. Shame.

Djemba-Djemba

It's bizarre to see Wenger getting booed by Arsenal fans and with a sizeable number of Arsenal fans wanting him out. I can understand why they think that I just never thought I'd see the day when Wenger was so disliked by them.

He was Fergie's biggest rival for so long, it's just weird to see.

Clas Sified

It's disgusting how they're treating Wenger. Wenger should just resign now. Only thing in the way is his pride.

GBBQ

The man was a certified football genius 10 years ago. Its a pity to see his reputation being tarnished like this. I still think he has it in him to win another Premiership but he's gonna need to buy a few players and pray the injuries go away.

All it does is highlight just how impressive SAF was for being so consistently competitive and being able to reinvent the team after new challengers appeared. Wenger was able to compete with Fergie but had no answer to City and Chelseas, SAF did.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The man was a certified football genius 10 years ago. Its a pity to see his reputation being tarnished like this. I still think he has it in him to win another Premiership but he's gonna need to buy a few players and pray the injuries go away.

All it does is highlight just how impressive SAF was for being so consistently competitive and being able to reinvent the team after new challengers appeared. Wenger was able to compete with Fergie but had no answer to City and Chelseas, SAF did.
No way will Arsen Wenger ever win another league title with Arsenal in my view.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Newcastle H
Liverpool A
QPR H
West Ham A
Southampton A

Fixtures up till Jan 1st.

We can build up a nice gap between ourselves and them if we continue our good form. Some tricky fixtures for them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Arsene Wenger must accept the majority of the blame. He appears to have absolutely no clue at the moment.

I think he has been poor in the transfer market and is tactically naive. He must go.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Disgraceful. But then we saw Henry getting abuse in the FA Cup when he returned too, so I guess it's to be expected.

A part of me (even as a United fan) wants to see Wenger have his year of success, to shove two fingers up to people like that. But then I don't think fans like that deserve that success.

Nothing wrong with wanting him to leave his role, but booing him is disgraceful.

JSArsenal

How would Chelsea perform without Hazard, Ivanovic, Terry and Matic all out at the same time for a long period? Because that's what we're experiencing without Ozil, Debuchy, Koscielny and Arteta.

Not to mention Wilshere, Walcott, Chesney and Giroud being out injured as well. That's more than half of our first teamers.

Haven't even counted the fact that Ramsey is off form, Welbeck is underperforming. Injuries are a part of football etc etc but this is just a level above the normal injuries. At Stoke we played our 3rd choice goal keeper with a rookie RB with only 3 or 4 first team appearances to his name alongside our 3rd choice CB who used to be a RB and our LB was carrying a knock.

Sounds like a lot of excuses but its the truth. I don't know how to turn around but its December, far too early for a national inquiry on Arsenal FC, even if it was March this sort of reaction (media and fans) would be over the top seeing as we would be 3 points off the top 4.

The simplest way to turn this around would be to buy a CB and DM in January, demote Mertesacker to 4th choice as he seems incapable of playing with anyone else besides Koscielny and sell Arteta in the summer.

Although that then raises the question as to who to make captain.

For all those having a dig at Wenger (those fans in that clip), they should remember that the very reason they are upset is because Wenger isn't living up to the high standards that he set for himself during his first decade at the club. Wenger won 3 league titles in 6 years, it took us 20 years (71-91) to win our last three league titles before he arrived and before 71 we won our last league title in the 50s. No Arsenal manager has had the success that Wenger has had and even if you want him to go then at least show him a little bit of respect and common decency and don't go swearing and shouting in the man's face.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
What do Arsenal fans actually expect from Wenger and the team? This is a genuine question. Would a title challenge and a trophy once every few years be enough or do they expect to be challenging every year?

Micha

You do know this is a Manchester United Forum, right?
Might not be the best place to come and have a rant about your terrible injury list.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
How would Chelsea perform without Hazard, Ivanovic, Terry and Matic all out at the same time for a long period? Because that's what we're experiencing without Ozil, Debuchy, Koscielny and Arteta.
I appreciate the point but I must admit the first thing that jumped out at me was the difference in quality between the players at Chelsea and the players at Arsenal particularly when we are comparing Hazard, Terry and Matic to Ozil, Debuchy and Arteta. I think that is more of the issue than the loss of players.

Last edited:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I appreciate the point but I must admit the first thing that jumped out at me was the difference in quality between the players at Chelsea and the players at Arsenal particularly when we are comparing Hazard, Terry and Matic to Ozil, Debuchy and Arteta. I think that is more of the issue than the lost of players.
Exactly the same, all of the Chelsea players are better than the Arsenal player they're paired with.

JSArsenal

I was more comparing position and importance to the team rather than individual quality.

Ozil, Koscielny, Arteta, Debuchy are our spine whereas Hazard, Terry, Matic and Ivanovic are the spine for Chelsea's team.

Would we be doing as good as Chelsea if our bunch were fit? No, but would they be doing as well as they are if those players were all out simultaneously? No.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Hazard is probably more comparable to Sanchez given both are the best player's in their respective teams. Unlike Ozil, Hazard is a constant threat

Even if they missed those players, Chelsea still have Fabregas and Costa who form the most crucial aspect of their spine so they would probably still be doing ok I'd imagine. In contrast Arsenal have an out of form Ramsay and Welbeck.

Nogbadthebad

Not to mention Wilshere, Walcott, Chesney and Giroud being out injured as well. That's more than half of our first teamers.

Haven't even counted the fact that Ramsey is off form, Welbeck is underperforming. Injuries are a part of football etc etc but this is just a level above the normal injuries. At Stoke we played our 3rd choice goal keeper with a rookie RB with only 3 or 4 first team appearances to his name alongside our 3rd choice CB who used to be a RB and our LB was carrying a knock.
You have some reasonable points, but for the bolded he really isn't. Danny is doing exactly what he has done for his entire career. Which is why I don't understand wengers choice of buying him, nor the expectations people had that mean his current work is somehow 'underperforming' .

You needed a reliable goal scorer. Danny Welbeck is a great talent, a nice lad and brings a lot to a team, but regular goals is not one of those things, and you have better link up players than him already. That you havent had a goal scorer you can rely on, and a poor defence has to be down to wenger I'm afraid. He doesnt deserve the abuse, but he should certainly shoulder a lot of the responsibility.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
I am sorry but you should never compare Arsenal's injury list to justify the bad form. It's not like its something new, is it?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

They won't even come close to winning Premier League with Wenger as it's been said.

JON.B

Sloop
I was more comparing position and importance to the team rather than individual quality.

Ozil, Koscielny, Arteta, Debuchy are our spine whereas Hazard, Terry, Matic and Ivanovic are the spine for Chelsea's team.

Would we be doing as good as Chelsea if our bunch were fit? No, but would they be doing as well as they are if those players were all out simultaneously? No.
How big a miss has Ozil really been though? He seems to go missing most of the time especially during the big matches or when you're needing someone to produce a moment of quality. Arsenal badly needed a top class. dominant, mobile central defender, instead Wenger bought a young kid and threw him in at the deep end to compensate. Same really with a holding midfielder, another issue within the side that the manger seems to constantly overlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.