Ashes I - 2013 - In England

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So according to the rumors Finn is the third pacer for England. Good choice IMO, he's been average for the past few months but I still consider him as a much better bowler than Tim Bresnan.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
vNice! Will look out for you mate.
Getting pumped myself - tore a muscle in my neck so I am hold up in bed.. Suckers! Best place to be.

Judgement day is upon us. Clarkey win the toss and bat. Want to see Watto and Rogers put their money where their mouth is!

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
AFAIK botn, Lehmann said Lyon was the one to be picked. But I could be wrong. In all honesty it's a difficult selection, youngster with a bit of talent and no experience... vs Lyon who's been toweled severely but still gives 100% regardless.

NinjaFletch

So according to the rumors Finn is the third pacer for England. Good choice IMO, he's been average for the past few months but I still consider him as a much better bowler than Tim Bresnan.
It basically comes down to do you pick an exceptionally talented young player whos had a tough time of it recently or an average test bowler because he can bat a bit.

Bresnan is not a genuine wicket threat in Tests.

KM

It basically comes down to do you pick an exceptionally talented young player whos had a tough time of it recently or an average test bowler because he can bat a bit.

Bresnan is not a genuine wicket threat in Tests.

Yup.

Finn has world class potential, Bresnan is a hard worker but nothing special.

Zen

Watch him get Pietersen twice in his match numbers of 2 for 478 or something.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
That's it, now let's stack up 600 and then Swann can work his magic.

KM

Can't believe Aussies are playing Steve Smith.

ArmchairCritic

Can't believe Aussies are playing Steve Smith.

I think he's a good cricketer, covers a base with his spin which is awful, think in an ideal world Clarke would cover that but his back is more important.

KM

I think he's a good cricketer, covers a base with his spin which is awful, think in an ideal world Clarke would cover that but his back is more important.

His best trait is his fielding. His batting is average and his bowling is awful.

ArmchairCritic

His best trait is his fielding. His batting is average and his bowling is awful.

I think he's got potential with the bat, he's a bits and pieces player, like a batting version of Ashley Giles. Better One-Day cricketer clearly.

Zen

Are Australia basically in a period similar to that of England in say about the late 90's? Seriously, that team has next to nothing.....Clarkes superiority over the rest of it is insane. I'm only watching this for some Pietersen bombs and Cook just griiling up his numbers really. Someone best finally hit a 300.

And yet.....being England, I'm not even confident of winning.

KM

Are Australia basically in a period similar to that of England in say about the late 90's? Seriously, that team has next to nothing.....Clarkes superiority over the rest of it is insane. I'm only watching this for some Pietersen bombs and Cook just griiling up his numbers really. Someone best finally hit a 300.

Pattinson and Starc are very good.

Not sure why Bird and Lyon weren't picked.

ArmchairCritic

They're not that bad. There's no Usman Afzaal's, Ian Ward's, Jimmy Ormond's, Richard Dawson's etc. in this Australian side, it just isn't at the level of their great sides which linger on in our memory.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen

England were horrendous back then. Really wen't beyond a pub side. This Aussie team has a bunch of young guys that 'could' be world beaters (I don't really think so) and Clarke as the main run getter who has made some big scores.
But they have been making some bizarre selection choices though.

As said above - Smith.. Why. Khawaja? Why the feck not. Hughes, why? Warner the best fielder and more likely to score runs than Hughes but is dropped.. Why? Siddle bowls rank short shite... Is in the side.. Why?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:eek: Pattinson just jagged that ball about 2ft.

Starc and Patto both nervous starters. Wouldn't give either of them the new ball. Should have been Bird and someone other than Siddle.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: They've dead set got a thimble and slapped a grill on it for Joe Root's helmet. fecking hell, smallest head in world cricket.

So far looking a bit shaky planted on the crease. Need to keep the length from Patto.

NinjaFletch

They're spraying it around a bit but my word there's been some decent balls so far.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Finally, just don't bowl on Cooks fecking pads or wide outside off and he'll nick all day. Thank god.

Here comes the noodler. Bowl middle and off and have 8 legside close in catchers.

ArmchairCritic

Strauss' voice is going to annoy me over the next few months, poor shot from Cook.

zing

Zingle balls
Finally, just don't bowl on Cooks fecking pads or wide outside off and he'll nick all day. Thank god.

Here comes the noodler. Bowl middle and off and have 8 legside close in catchers.
:lol:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Root's coming out strongly, hopefully he doesn't get careless. He should form a strong partnership with Trott and his methodical batting. Cook hasn't really had overly spectacular innings recently.