Ashes I - 2013 - In England

NinjaFletch

Root I can understand, the other two not so much. Bell's only made 1 century in the last 2 years. Think Compton opening and Root at 6 should have continued today. Let's what our seamers can do.
Ok, Root was slightly unfair but I don't think his starts been that much better than Compton's to justify dumping Compton and moving Root up the order.

People just wanted Root over Compton in the first place and then as soon as Compton gave half a chance to drop him he got unceremoniously dumped.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What the feck was Cowan thinking?

Quality first day.

KM

Incredible wicket and bowl. WOW!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That's a beauty!!!

Huge wicket, Australia will collapse.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Steve Smith in at number 5...I mean seriously

I realise this will probably bite me in the arse though

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Entertaining day. Some very good bowling, but batting was average at best.

England have the slight advantage for me at the moment. Hopefully we see better batting tomorrow.

StuCol

Chimp
Entertaining day. Some very good bowling, but batting was average at best.

England have the slight advantage for me at the moment. Hopefully we see better batting tomorrow.
Yeah after the Aussies have gone obviously.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Lol, fecking so much for Watson and Rogers forming this big new dominant force. Watson is not an opener or top order batsman. I repeat, Watson is not an opener or top order batsman.

Pretty happy for Siddle though - even though I gave him a heap of shit he pitched the ball up in his second spell and got rewards. Glad the lads finished the tail off quickly as well. Story of the last 5 years is bowling ourselves into a good position only for us to bat like shite. Or vice versa bat well and bowl shite. If we can string a few good days of both in this series I can see it being rewarding.

Anyone know if there is any youtube link that will show all the wickets?

If the Aussie batsmen aren't afraid to get on the front foot and they keep their concentration I reckon they'll rack a few up.
Planting the front foot in these conditions is a death sentence.

Modern batsmen can't play test cricket properly, building an innings etc. They just carry on as if it's limited overs.
Especially batsman brought up on flat decks in hot conditions with little swing. They just plant the front foot and try and slay through the line. Any lateral movement and they're totally screwed.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:eek: that fecking ball that got Clarke.. Wow.. The look on his face was great "fecking unplayable... :/"

:lol: that Rogers LB. As if that wasn't going miles down leg side. How on earth has he given that.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Great days entertainment, if not that much great Cricket...

Jimmy's ball to Clarke was fecking outrageous.

Fancy the two sides to end up near enough even after the first innings.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nah I think I will decline. On principle I just can't click a mail link... Thanks anyway though! :lol:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Looking like low scores for both teams in the first innings. At least we are going to get a result I guess.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

Planting the front foot in these conditions is a death sentence.
I don't think getting on the front foot is too bad on this wicket, Trott's batted best on this wicket and he's looked to get forward and into the ball. The ball does a bit but not too much I feel, all about keeping your concentration.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's about playing the ball as late as possible especially with the amount of swing we saw directly of the pitch.. Cowan's shot was ridiculous, the pressure got to him. Rogers was really unlucky though, not sure how Dharmasena could have given that out

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I don't think getting on the front foot is too bad on this wicket, Trott's batted best on this wicket and he's looked to get forward and into the ball. The ball does a bit but not too much I feel, all about keeping your concentration.

:lol: Trott gets forward and looks to work on the onside at every opportunity. Watson is a lot different. He's your classic 'plant the front stool and slay through the line' type player that gets out like that a lot. Finn and Anderson were jagging it mental.

It's about playing the ball as late as possible especially with the amount of swing we saw directly of the pitch.. Cowan's shot was ridiculous, the pressure got to him. Rogers was really unlucky though, not sure how Dharmasena could have given that out

It was an absolute shocker. I could understand if it was the other way and England reviewed the not out and it was hitting (even though I thought even with Hawkeye it looked like it was going way down leg side not hitting the stumps at all). But when I saw it I realized that he'd been given and reviewed and because on hawkeye if it's 'shaving the stumps' it's still out. :lol:

DRS is a great thing but sometimes it can be frustrating.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I can see the Dossier that England has on Phil Hughes.

Don't bowl short outside off stump.​
Literally bowl a Leg/Middle and Leg line.​
He will not score runs unless you drop short outside off stump. I don't know how he keeps getting picked.

FlawlessThaw

Looks a perfect time to be batting as Smith and Hughes put up a fifty. No movement in the air today either

zing

Zingle balls
Hughes looks a much improved player. Smith's been a good all round limited overs cricketer. Not sure how much that's going to translate when he's in at number 5 here. Good this innings.

Both of them have surprised me. I expected khawaja and Warner in their places.

FlawlessThaw

Smith gone! 50 more runs than I expected but was quite impressed with him

KM

Swann working his magic now. England to get a lead of 50 and then bat Aussies out of the test today.

Pathetic batting by both the teams so far, the pitch is absolutely fine.