Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Seems him and Jones have been frozen out from the matchday squad ala Rafael.
It's bizarre how LVG fast tracked him back in, deciding he was a good option as a striker against Spurs and now he's nowhere to be seen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not Young's biggest fan, and I don't think he's the level of winger we need, but it's a bit odd how in a season where we've usually seen the injection of pace improve us, Young has been used to sparingly. Instead of always going for a slow right winger, I would have thought Young would have been a decent option every now and then.

settembrini

It's bizarre how LVG fast tracked him back in, deciding he was a good option as a striker against Spurs and now he's nowhere to be seen.
This. We also (stupidly) gave him a new three year deal this season and now he cannot even make the squad when we are resting players...

I would hate to play under Van Gaal, you can go from being ignored to valued and back again so quickly.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Seems him and Jones have been frozen out from the matchday squad ala Rafael.
Well, he is not Neymar and VG had the pick of the "best young talent in Europe" to play left wing. Perfectly understandable.

khoazany

Well, he is not Neymar and VG had the pick of the "best young talent in Europe" to play left wing. Perfectly understandable.
Well the thing is he's not even on the bench these days which is the treatment when you're really on LVG's bad book (ala Rafael,Jones or to some extent Pereira). Tbh I'm fine if we sell him but I just don't get why he's suddenly being ignored.

Bojan11

I'm not Young's biggest fan, and I don't think he's the level of winger we need, but it's a bit odd how in a season where we've usually seen the injection of pace improve us, Young has been used to sparingly. Instead of always going for a slow right winger, I would have thought Young would have been a decent option every now and then.
He's a better option than Depay currently.

I'd rather keep him and get rid of Depay in the summer, if I had a choice.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Well the thing is he's not even on the bench these days which is the treatment when you're really on LVG's bad book (ala Rafael,Jones or to some extent Pereira). Tbh I'm fine if we sell him but I just don't get why he's suddenly being ignored.
I was being sarcastic, mate.

And I agree with you. This has been evident for a while. I remember making posts about him being 'in the doghouse' back in November-December.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Quite baffling why he was dropped. We should do better than him ideally but the guy almost always looks one of the our most threatening players.

saivet

Remember when LVG brought him on as a no.9? Fun times.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a better option than Depay currently.

I'd rather keep him and get rid of Depay in the summer, if I had a choice.
If we're getting rid of Memphis then we might as well go for someone better than Young.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Quite baffling why he was dropped. We should do better than him ideally but the guy almost always looks one of the our most threatening players.
This. It's a bit sad that this is the case, but the reality is that Young has been (other than Martial) our most consistently dangerous wide player over the last two seasons. And all credit to him, he picked up his game significantly for that to be the case. Normally at fullback, but sometimes on the actual wing as well. As such, why he isn't even getting close to a look in right now is ridiculous.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It makes too much sense for him to play. Probably be Depay stinking up the place as always.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I'd rather he started than Memphis.

For the second year running , he is better than our shiny new toy.

He also puts a great defensive shift so he could help the bumbling Rojo on the left side.
He would actually probably do a better job at left back than anyone that has played there for us recently.

ti vu

Woah. Just realized Young is fit this whole time. :eek: So basically LVG made mistake sub Young in as central forward then froze him out since the Tottenham game :houllier:? Were not included on the bench for Norwich trip while Rashford was rested. Mind boggling.

Man Utd 3:1 Bournemouth

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bit unlucky to not get into an England squad short of decent wingers (and possibly fullbacks)? Or just not played enough?

Bwuk

Bit unlucky to not get into an England squad short of decent wingers (and possibly fullbacks)? Or just not played enough?
Not good enough. Lallana, Sterling etc are all better.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Not good enough. Lallana, Sterling etc are all better.
Townsend isn't, in my opinion.

I wouldn't blame Roy for that decision though. He has every right to pick the players he personally likes better or trusts more, as long as it's not at the expense of someone who definitely deserves to be there. Young doesn't, really.

Bwuk

Townsend isn't, in my opinion.

I wouldn't blame Roy for that decision though. He has every right to pick the players he personally likes better or trusts more, as long as it's not at the expense of someone who definitely deserves to be there. Young doesn't, really.
Townsend shouldn't even be there either.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Even when Young was in a good spell of form Hodgson didn't fancy him. Strange one for me, he obviously hasn't played enough but then again neither has Wilshere, Young would at least ensure that you have cover in up to 4 positions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably been injured far too much this season. Has hardly played the last 4-5 months. Normally though I would bring him over most of the England wingers.

Hed Zitin

Great to see him back. Good movement from him in the box. He was playing well before the injury. England was calling at the time.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good cameo from him at the end, unlucky not to have a second goal. Personally it looked on side to me.

Boycott

I'd start him in the final. Better quality and sharper movement than Lingard and Depay.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He should have been playing much more during this run in. Laughable really. Either LB or an option on the wing. He's no world beater, but he still has the ability to skip past his man and get in a cross pretty much better than anyone in the squad bar Martial.

Clas Sified

He should have been playing much more during this run in. Laughable really. Either LB or an option on the wing. He's no world beater, but he still has the ability to skip past his man and get in a cross pretty much better than anyone in the squad bar Martial.
Was he not injured?

Golden Nugget

I had no idea he was fit.. not sure why he wasn't a bench option until today! Bournemouth had stopped trying - but two brilliant runs and finishes - his second was a bit unlucky as it looked onside to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.