g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ashley Young image 18

Ashley Young England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke 2:0 Man Utd

Ryan7

Decent performance from him which is better than the rest produced. He was running that right wing himself in the second half.

Man-United

Apart from the stupid handball, he was one of the better players again. One of a few who cares. Not a right back though and hopefully he's in Memphis' or Mata's place when one more defender is back.

acnumber9

He was one of our best players last season playing on the left wing. He couldn't have played in that position more than two or three times this season. It's bonkers.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Should have started the game on the left wing. Class player that's unfortunately been dicked around. If only the rest of the team had half the heart he showed today.

Rossa

It is never good news when he is our best player.
It's a bit like when Wenger said that it was infuriating how every time they played, the opposition goalie was motm. It wasn't untrue either, nor is your argument. He does well, but giving 100% is to be expected of every player - not something we should have to applaud from one player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's a bit like when Wenger said that it was infuriating how every time they played, the opposition goalie was motm. It wasn't untrue either, nor is your argument. He does well, but giving 100% is to be expected of every player - not something we should have to applaud from one player.
We shouldn't do that for sure but it's what we're reduced to nowadays. I like Young, players like him are always useful.

Rossa

We shouldn't do that for sure but it's what we're reduced to nowadays. I like Young, players like him are always useful.
He's a fantastic squad player to have, but he should be used exclusively on that left side or as a ten. He could also have been used as a right winger today, Mata in the middle and Herrera alongside Carrick/Schneiderlin. Trying to beat Stoke in the air is futile at the Britannia.

NoPace

I'm generally a Young out type but he works hard and performs adequately wherever he's thrown, so maybe he should stay for another year as cover.

Zoo

Great tackle on Azpi, had to get it spot on and he did.

Ixion

Like I've always said, terrible at crossing. Would be half decent if he could pick someone out.

Ash_G

Can't believe that cross at the end. I mean it would be one thing if he just messed it up but he actually went for a low cross. Just sums him up really. He wasn't awful or anything but such an average player. I really can't understand that for a guy who only has crossing in his locker he can be so poor at it both in execution and in what he's trying to do.

Raw

This is why he barely gets assists, he's absolute wank at crossing. He can get himself in a decent position at least.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Surprised me with how well he did defensively. Did well to support our attacks on the overlap, but as per usual when it comes to actual end product from crossing positions, he is sorely lacking. I'm always amazed by the cries before a game begins for him to start out wide. Hardworking, honest player but low on quality.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I honestly don't remember him being so shit at crossing when he was at Villa or even in his first season at Utd. There is only so many crossing it blindly can work, in the end you have to try to aim at your teammates.

Ixion

He gets into good positions quite often but he just blindly fires the ball and the chance goes begging, it's becoming Valencia-esque. So yeah, typical Young performance, lots of energy, got into some good positions but no money shot.

Golden Nugget

Thought he did very well - that tackle on azpilicueta was excellent. Willing to take on players, which is great.

That that cross at the end was horrible though.

Devil may care

He was good defensively but in this system he needs to offer more in attack, some terrible deliveries today.

predator

Youth NITK
Very good defensively and has a positive attitude going forward but he thinks he is better than he is. This isn't a bad thing at times because it gives him confidence but a lot of the time he simply can't beat a man with his one dimensional dummies. I can't fault his attitude as I've said because it's good to see in this current side.

Sylar

Close to being our MOTM. Defensively really good. Did well to support our attacks but his final ball wasnt great. Still believe he would be doing better from the left wing rather than RB though (or LB and put Darmian RB where hes played most of the early season for us, and where he will go once Shaw is back).

the hea

His final ball was not good yesterday but I feel he needs some credit for the way he takes care of that whole right side all by himself. Even if we had a right winger who wasn't very good it would still be a huge help for Young just having another man om that wing helping him out when defending, giving him some passing options and just creating a bit of space with some movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.