g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ashley Young image 18

Ashley Young England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

He's one of our most dependable players and gets way too much stick on here. Nice to see him closer to the goal, it's incomprehensible why he's only been a full-back this season having been our best outfield player playing as a LW from February onwards last season.

Eugenius

Should obviously be playing RW/LW as first choice. Unlucky to lose his place to Memphis at the start of the season.

Cmz'

I've no idea what position he's supposed to be playing but he's been brilliant

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Martial beating Young to MOTM by double is an outrage! I know we all love Martial and assisting the winner probably puts him to the forefront of most people's memory, but Young was clearly the MOTM today.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good game by him. If he wasn't calling for fouls so easily at times and didn't sometimes take forever to throw the ball in, I would have no problems with him.

Devil may care

Very good performance, a constant threat down the right and his crossing was better than usual, hopefully it was just cramping that saw him come off.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Martial beating Young to MOTM by double is an outrage! I know we all love Martial and assisting the winner probably puts him to the forefront of most people's memory, but Young was clearly the MOTM today.
Martial had a goal and an assist. He gets it because without him, we wouldn't have scored a goal today. The reason we won the match was him, not Young, who played really well, but wasn't the decisive factor.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's no coincidence that two of our best players are people who can beat players.

facund

I agree. Young played well throughout the match (his injury slowed him down for five minutes before being subbed) where as Martial was poor in the 1st half before making up for it in the 2nd.

For a player (Young) often bemoaned for his crossing he delivered a series of dangerous ones today.
Hope the injury is not too serious as he brought a dimension/threat to our game today that we rarely see.

Nathan

Give credit to the player, he gave it his all, some of the crosses we just asking to be placed in the back of the net. Hope that the knock isn't too serious.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Martial had a goal and an assist. He gets it because without him, we wouldn't have scored a goal today. The reason we won the match was him, not Young, who played really well, but wasn't the decisive factor.
Ok so admittedly I went a little over the top - Martial deserves it on paper, but Young played better. He could have had 3 or 4 assists if Rooney was in finishing form and our attacking players go in the box for the great balls he kept swinging in.

jem

Just play him on the wing, like last season, and let Darmian get settled at RB. That would be our most potent attack at the moment (ie. Martial - Rooney - Young, with either Mata/Herrera behind, and Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin behind that.) Young is by no means the long-term solution, but he's a very good option for now.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He just didn't give up in the first half as one of our few players. Really good today hopefully he keeps that kind of form, as he is usually too inconsistent

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Why is he banned from playing as a winger? He completely owned the right side on his own.

Mata should be dropped and we should play Young on the RW. But I guess we don't have enough fit defenders to do that.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why is he banned from playing as a winger? He completely owned the right side on his own.

Mata should be dropped and we should play Young on the RW. But I guess we don't have enough fit defenders to do that.
He was playing as a winger. In possession United basically played 3-6-1. Even when Swansea had a throw-in in the final third on the opposite side he was high up the pitch. He definitely wasn't playing as a full back today. The tactics were why he had so much space. Herrera and Mata were constantly moving which always resulted in Young having a landing strip on the right.

Good game from him today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think that was his best display of crossing he's had since he played for us. If only we could cross dangerously with regularity like that, it would be great.

As usual though he worked his socks off today, I hope he was just being rested when he came off.

Sylar

Puts in some good crosses, but it defo helped we had more than one in the box at times when he put the crosses in. I would like to see him as part of our front three again (on the right, with martial left, and striker (well rooney)).

Would be fun to see. Hope his injury isnt serious and he plays next game.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Love his positivity.

Certainly doesn't seem to want to get bogged down in the possession game.

Picks the ball up, runs at people and puts in crosses. Today the crosses were of very high quality. I'm at a loss why he can't produce like that more consistently. Better movement today perhaps?

buckooo1978

Hoping the injury isn't more than a niggle

Fantastic today and he and Martial gave them nightmares

dcullivanio

Today he provided the kind of threat that he was bought for. I was always a big fan of Young at Watford and Villa and remember being really pleased when we signed him. After a promising, if not ground breaking first season, he went pretty woeful for a long time and I, like many others on here, couldn't see a way back for him at United.

So I'm really pleased to see his resurgence as a hard working and dangerous player. His turnaround is one of the few bright influences of LVG's tenure. Hopefully he can maintain it

Ixion

If he could cross consistently, actually pick men out more instead of just hitting into areas, he'd be a very good player as he gets into good positions frequently. He did well today, hopefully can contribute decisive moments more often.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Went from being a squad player at best to our biggest threat attacking in wide positions. As much as I'd like to say well done Ash I think a massive part is how much our quality or lack of it from our other wide players. I mean 4-5 years of Valencia mark II and Young then Mata and Depay is just abysmal!

NK86

Very good game by him. If he wasn't calling for fouls so easily at times and didn't sometimes take forever to throw the ball in, I would have no problems with him.
:lol: I have to confess that really pisses me off as well. He takes so long, pointing with his eyes to teammates how and when and where he is about to throw the ball in from a throw in, makes it so comples like he is plotting a scheme to take over the world. :p

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I criticised him after the Chelsea game, but he was very impressive, today. Think he realised the benefits of crossing to the man, as opposed to the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.