Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This.

19 assists in 130 games for United.

I've said it before in here. His delivery is often decent, but his crossing isn't very good (if that makes sense). Happens a lot where he puts the ball into the box, sure it may have been dangerous if we had a player there, but more often than not he's finding no one, or a defender.
There's no one there!
Why we don't have people rushing the box I don't know!

Devil may care

He's about as 1 dimensional in the final 3rd as you'll ever see, I don't really have anything negative to say about him, he plays with heart and to the best of his ability, he's just never been anything special and isn't suddenly going to become a top player at 31.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The blind crosser, he never actually tries to pick out players. Just areas of the box where there is not necessarily anyone.
Absolutely. Unless he has acres of space in front of him his head will be down the whole time. He just crosses to the far post like he expects Fellaini to be there every time.

Bwuk

He's a bang average player and the fact he's a starter at us normally shows how bad standards have fallen.

SambaBoy

Would of been much better on the right for us today. Darmian had acres of space going forward and didn't do anything with it, while Young being naturally a winger may have created something. He was neutralised on the left and was far too predictable, it also would not of disrupted the dynamic of our play with Darmian also being right footed on the left like Young.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Would of been much better on the right for us today. Darmian had acres of space going forward and didn't do anything with it, while Young being naturally a winger may have created something. He was neutralised on the left and was far too predictable, it also would not of disrupted the dynamic of our play with Darmian also being right footed on the left like Young.
Young is pretty shit on the right. He might be right footed but he's played on the left his whole career. On the left he can cut back and cross with his right foot. He doesn't do that on the right wing.

NoPace

Young is pretty shit on the right. He might be right footed but he's played on the left his whole career. On the left he can cut back and cross with his right foot. He doesn't do that on the right wing.
Agreed. He also has that nutmeg down well from the left as a sort of counter move when he decides t to not cut back and goes hard down the left wing. That's 3 decent moves he has on the left that he just has no equivalent of on the right.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
There's not much he could have done with little support on the wing and facing two defenders.
There's plenty of times he gets in good positions with plenty of space but delivers a cross/pass that is way off the mark or hits the first man.

We all know he's an average player who can do a job but when he is your main creative outlet you have a problem. As I said before, I don't blame him. I blame our tactics and style that require him to be the main creative outlet.

Rossa

At least he tries to take on his man these days. Thought he was one of our better players, even though not great by any means. Good squad player, but we need better.

Minimalist

He's not a poor player, he's just not very good and never has been. He's a perfect squad player to slot in when you're down with injuries but he should never be starting important matches.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He's playing every third or fourth game on average tbf and in different positions. When he had a run in the side last season he was good, not great, but solid. It's hard for any player in that situation.

Welbeckham

Has to be injured. Otherwise should be a guaranteed starter currently.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Never thought I would be saying it but could really do with him at the moment.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Young on the left Depay on the right, Martial up front Rooney or Mata behind.

diarm

What's going on here then? Did he invite Victor to the Christmas party of something?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Perhaps he was the "I'm half the player...."

There is no other explanation. We have half a team out, can't score goals or defend and one of our best players from last season just can't get any minutes. It doesn't make any sense.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He should be playing on the wing if Mata starts in the middle. I'm rather happy we are developing Varela as a legitimate back up right back option and he hasn't let anyone down yet. Even if Darmian gets fit I'd rather see him stick to left back and keep Varela in the main squad. Young can split time with Memphis and Lingard on the wings.

Bojan11

I wonder if he's "half s player".
No because what we saw from Ashley is what we saw under Ferguson.

Cuts back on his right foot and overhit cross after another. Doesn't look where he crosses just aims it where our players aren't. Oh and the odd dive.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's on cloud nine, if he thinks he should be a key play for us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No because what we saw from Ashley is what we saw under Ferguson.

Cuts back on his right foot and overhit cross after another. Doesn't look where he crosses just aims it where our players aren't. Oh and the odd dive.
That doesn't mean he isn't the one who thinks he's half a player.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I feel like he has lost his place in the team and as a sub because of poor performances at fullback. Which is absolutely crazy.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
But he has been one of our better attacking players (not too hard at the moment) and would make sense to bring him on ahead of the likes of Powell. Heck, he can fit in at left back. It's just strange that he had minutes when we didn't have injuries and now we are ravaged with injuries and he can't get a look in.

drdoityourself

The only attacking position he has shown he can solve is the left winger position. Even though Depay is a somewhat frustrating player he's shown he creates more danger than Young. That run behind the defence and the take down to create our goal against Bournemouth was something you'd never see from Young. It is understandable when we're struggling with chance creation and goals, that van Gaal looks to other options than Young, who quite simply doesn't offer any end product.
I was also a little surprised he didn't get a look in at left back, but both Varela and Borthwick-Jackson were good against Wolfsburg and it would have been demoralizing to be dropped after that, for someone who isn't even a natural in that position.
We've got plenty of problems, but I'm afraid Young isn't the answer to any of them.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
He's on cloud nine, if he thinks he should be a key play for us.
I doubt he thinks that but given our injury crisis in the past few matches, surely he would have been a more reliable and straightforward option than Varela/CBJ? Not that I don't appreciate seeing youngsters playing in the first team, but I don't think a high pressure do-or-die European game against Wolfsburg away and the away game against Bournemouth, where our squad was ravaged with injuries and down on morale, were the ideal conditions to integrate youngsters into the first team.

I would much rather we develop promising youngsters, than play a decent at best squad option in Young, but I think Young would have been much more suitable for the past two matches than both the inexperienced youngsters.

Sylar

Not a RB and obviously didnt read the run for their second goal. I dont blame him, hes not a RB.

Dont see why we cant play him where he was in form last season (and had his best match against City).

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Not a RB and obviously didnt read the run for their second goal. I dont blame him, hes not a RB.

Dont see why we cant play him where he was in form last season (and had his best match against City).
Fully agree, especially the second part. It's not as if our wingers have been outstanding to point where he can't get a game. I gave him MoTM and he deserved better from the crosses he put in. But he's not a full back and the mistakes today and at Leicester show that, like you though I don't blame him really.

Acole9

Outstanding
Very strange that he's now only just been put back in the team, makes me wonder if someone went on behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.