Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

facund

Embarrassing seeing him as captain.
I agree. We are much better under the inspirational stewardship of Rooney and Carrick.

But seriously, we have to pick a captain from the starting 11, who else stands out as captain material?

Jose has just given the band (for a single game) to a senior player that will at the very least give his all and has the ability to communicate well in English (the principle language).

If he was being made permanent captain then I could understand the criticism/debate but these are clearly exceptional circumstances.

Jev

He's a trier and that in itself is an improvement over the stale attack we so often see. But yes, it's clear he's not the player he once was. Think he's been decent on the left-back lately, though.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
The only negatives come from his lack of contribution when we attack (goals and assists), but he's not in the side to score goals.

Art

Art the artist
He's been on the edge of the dline some 3 times now. Needs to finish his chances since our forwards are marked.

Crashoutcassius

doesn't look sharp or confident, I'm sure any player would be the same.

Has done well in his last two appearances though in my opinion, delighted he's an option

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ill remember this captains performance for a long long time. Just immense so far.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Some in here are criticising him? After that game? He was bloody superb. Up there with Herrera and Rashord as our best performers.

I know he didn't play LB today but he would be my first choice for LB out of our current options.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
People are actually critisising him today? Exactly what was wrong with him being the captain today? Great attitude, such an integral part of our pressing game. Couldn't care less what he earns.

Raw

He put in a shift today and that's all I think Jose wanted from him. I wonder if Mkhi could have done the same?

For some reason he had a personal vendetta against the bird that shit in his mouth years ago. Hit the target Ashley!

Devil may care

Worked hard for those that love that but no end product when he got in good positions and you need to produce when you're one of the main attacking outlets.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shooting was a bit off, but apart from that a brilliant performance. Worked his socks off. The run towards the end and a couple of interceptions were just exceptional this late in the game for a 31 year old who hasn't had a lot of games to keep up his match fitness

Mike09

Leads by example, gave 110% regardless of what level that is.
A good example for players like Shaw and Martial. Hard worker can beat talent. Much better captain choice than Fellaini in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.