Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was put in today because of his discipline and hard work. Didnt dissapoint. Could have been better going forward, but he did what he had to do.

Fracture90

Grandpa Young (:D) was brilliant today, marauding down the left flank, pressing, tackling, everything!

He spent entire game running, brilliant performance and he could have scored on few occasions too.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most of the times he doesnt look like a premier league player. But he has a big soul.

FujiVice

There's a reason all these United managers seem to love Ashley Young. He's such a work horse. Actually love him as a squad player. His shooting was the shits, but it didnt matter in the end. The shift he put in was wonderful.

ravi2

I think he should be our back up option at LB once Shaw gets up to speed, that's LB sorted for a while.
He's a decent backup RB as well

Aza Boy

Tireless performance by Mr. Young soon to be old...hehehehe...

However, if my memory serves me right, he used to be good with his shooting...but yesterday, I counted 3 times, he sent the ball to the air...may be this is the effect of converting him as the Wing-Back ????

Great game yesterday, hopefully he could maintain this until the end of the season....

Sylar

He doesnt really let us down does he? Yes his shooting was off, but that can be said about a lot of players this season :lol:

But he works for the team and when called upon, does well.

FujiVice

Tireless performance by Mr. Young soon to be old...hehehehe...

However, if my memory serves me right, he used to be good with his shooting...but yesterday, I counted 3 times, he sent the ball to the air...may be this is the effect of converting him as the Wing-Back ????

Great game yesterday, hopefully he could maintain this until the end of the season....
Out of practice as well I imagine. How often has he been around the box this last 2 years?

ricky-romeo

And to think his shooting used to be one of his best attribute when he was a watford and villa :D

Anyway what a performance by young.

Robertd0803

Fair play to him, maybe we should rotate the captaincy every week. :)

Very good performance, worked and ran his socks off even if his shooting was dreadful. What happened to the Ashley Young that every time he cut in he scored?

redflair

The point about his shooting is the point about most converted defenders, who once used to be attacking players.

The creative side of their game starts to diminish as the tactical, defensive and positioning side of their game is enhanced.

They simply can't get up and down the field as they did. Valencia is another case in point.

But it doesn't matter if Ashley puts in performances like he did yesterday. He's out of puff when he shoots these days - but as long as he doesn't make defensive mistakes, he'll still be a key, back-up player for Mourinho.

stepic

He was decent but god his shooting is frustrating. Martial needs to step it up in training.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great tryer, but ultimately lacks real quality these days.

unitedforeveral

Young is not a very young player, this is the irony. He needs to play in a single role or not play at all. He should not be switched front and back. He is a reliable player who can move the ball in the wing area. The man has small feet and he's quite quick for his age. He should play minnow team and can be used in a proper game. Certainly ain't captain material.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Young is not a very young player, this is the irony. He needs to play in a single role or not play at all. He should not be switched front and back. He is a reliable player who can move the ball in the wing area. The man has small feet and he's quite quick for his age. He should play minnow team and can be used in a proper game. Certainly ain't captain material.
What's wrong with having experienced players who can be subbed in to play almost any position? Why is he not "captain material"? Which players on Sunday should've been picked as captains before him?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Regarding the future:

“There was, of course, speculation and there is always speculation and especially when there is a transfer window and you are not playing. But I was concentrating on Manchester United,” says Ashley.

“But I have always said that I want to play as much as possible. What the future holds I am not too sure. I am just concentrating on each game and when the manager calls on me I will give 100 per cent and look to play as well as I can.

“I am looking to play as many games as I can between now and the end of the season. That is what I am concentrating on now. That is the main focus for me and then we will see what happens.

“I have fire and hunger in my belly. I want to succeed. I work hard. When you have such competition in a fantastic squad it pushes you on every day. If you watched training there are no challenges that are not like in a game.

“Everybody wants to pull on the shirt and I am no different.”

Young was expected to be discarded by Louis van Gaal in the summer of 2015 but then out of the blue that August signed a new deal until 2018.

There is still speculation that he could again be surplus to requirements when Mourinho revamps his squad this summer.

“I have another year left on my contract and then an option of another year after that so if there is anything there to be discussed you would have to ask the manager,” Young added.

Last edited:

el3mel

Very good back up option and a hard worker. Never complains when not playing and always gives his best whenever the manager put him on the pitch.

I'll be happy with him staying as a back-up player any time .

shield

Great to see how much running he did, even at this age. If Marital would just put it half as much defensive input as Young did in the last match, Mourinho would never drop him.

beycont

I have no idea what this means.

What is this "irony" you are pointing out? So if a player can play in multiple positions he shouldn't play at all? You said that "he is a reliable player", "quick for his age" and has "small feet"( :confused: is this a bad thing?), but he shouldn't play because he needs to play in a "single role"? What's a "proper" game?

I am really confused and just want to find out what you mean.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is this a good or bad thing? :lol:

podurban2

I am so perplexed by this post. I do not wish to gain further insight into your brain activity. :lol:

Burnley 0:2 Man Utd

Man-United

Should have played more this season, but great to have him now. Jose can afford to rest Valencia more in the future as Young really must have convinced him both at right back, left back and winger.

Sigma

Should have played more this season, but great to have him now. Jose can afford to rest Valencia more in the future as Young really must have convinced him both at right back, left back and winger.
He's been caught out a few times defensively (i.e. robbed of the ball in dangerous positions), don't think he's been great

Status
Not open for further replies.