Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
He's a brilliant servant, a leader on the pitch, able to cover several positions, happy to sit on the bench and he never complains. A model professional.

Plus, if you didn't know his age, you'd never be able to guess it from watching him play. He was the 3rd fastest player today (behind James and Rashford), and his stamina doesn't seem to be waning.

I appreciate he's unfashionable and there are loads of memes about him. But as a footballer, I'm glad he's in our squad.

Alemar

Surprise, but Young was one of the better players at the field today.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Young always tends to be better on the left. Barring the second half of the 17/18 season (where he was still normally decent but not great) he's normally been fairly good when played at leftback over the last four or five years. There was one match towards the end of last season where I remember him having an absolute shocker, but I think it was the first time he'd played on the left last season.

A-man

To show class like this when best needed. Credit to the captain.

kiristao

People like to complain for the sake of complaining. Was one of his better games. Won pretty much all his defensive headers and did well when on the ball. Of course he isn't good enough to be first choice LB but as a backup, who is basically a winger playing as a defender, he did very well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is the reason it's very smart to keep him. We have 4 fullbacks, both him and Dalot can play either side to fill in. He isnt good enough to be a starter but exactly what you want as a squad player. Who wouldve thought he'd be one of the last players to still be here from Fergie's time, and still have worth.

Adamsk7

He’s so much better as a left back. As a right back last season he put in some of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a Utd player but for some reason, down the left, he panics far less and uses the ball much better. He’s also more solid in the tackle.

it’s so weird considering he’s right footed but then I guess when he was a winger he was a left winger too...

Steven7290

Anyone else is irritated with his throw ins? I've been watching them a couple seasons now since he switched to Full back position. Every time it takes ages and 90% of the time give possession away instantly. Can't we just throw to the nearest player as quickly as possible then play a return pass and recycle possession?

redshaw

When you see the criticism he gets I'm glad he can shrug it off and do well for the team. Some players wilt and sulk with a fraction of criticism.

Tarrou

Really good.

He can be a decent squad player for us if he is used sparingly. The problems arise when he's playing every week.

He really drives forward a lot which is what we're lacking from Shaw. Shaw does it at times but not consistently, and it makes such a difference in the space for other attackers.

John Blund

I'd rather start Young over Shaw for a few games now. Even if Shaw is back from injury.

Young was much better than Chillwell on Saturday, whom some people hope we will sign in the future.

West Ham 2:0 Man Utd

King Andow

Lost Yarmolenko in the 1st goal, gave a stupid foul for the 2nd. Pointless long "passes" all game, no composure, dreadful set pieces. If Ole values youth, Williams gets a chance against Rochdale. "Captain".

Ace of Spades

Cowardly player, the fact he lasted so long shows the crap we have put up with. He keeps hoofing it up, wasting possession. He is crap in set pieces, yet keeps taking them. Let Periera have them, when he is playing, it is one of his few good qualities.

Standard Captains performance from him. Largely at fault for both goals and contributed absolutely nothing. I cannot wait until he leaves the club.

red4ever 79

Standard Captains performance from him. Largely at fault for both goals and contributed absolutely nothing. I cannot wait until he leaves the club.
And yet despite making mistakes again he is again selected. Same players getting rewarded with starts all the time.

Irwin99

Didn't have a great game. That long pass at the 70th minute which went out for a goal kick summed it up.

Hughes35

Think he tries hard but he's just not good enough and that pretty much sums up our entire team.

Just not good enough.

Young - Not good enough
Lindelof - Not good enough
Mata - Not good enough
Matic - Not good enough
Lingard - Not good enough
Pereira - Not good enough
Rashford - Not good enough

That's just the players that start games! Don't even get me started on the dross like Rojo, Chong, Fred and Tuanzebe that can't even dislodge these below average players.

Think he tries hard but he's just not good enough and that pretty much sums up our entire team.

Just not good enough.

Young - Not good enough
Lindelof - Not good enough
Mata - Not good enough
Matic - Not good enough
Lingard - Not good enough
Pereira - Not good enough
Rashford - Not good enough

That's just the players that start games! Don't even get me started on the dross like Rojo, Chong, Fred and Tuanzebe that can't even dislodge these below average players.
He’s not dross :rolleyes:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I wasn't even angry when he played so poorly yesterday, I'm used to it now. Hopeless long passes, clumsy tackles, losing possession, can't make decisions quick enough. Almost everything bad and he is a complete package for that.

Kostov

I wasn't even angry when he played so poorly yesterday, I'm used to it now. Hopeless long passes, clumsy tackles, losing possession, can't make decisions quick enough. Almost everything bad and he is a complete package for that.
Same here. It's absolute travesty that he is still at the club and getting matches. If Ole has an ounce of self respect while talking crap about youth, he should play the kid from the reserves Williams, just to spare us talking aims at him.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Horrible that this guy was, back in 2011/2012 our bets crosser and set piece taker (with Nani and Rooney), and is soooooooo terrible at corner.

I am sure that I am better at set pieces than him

Don't know if its confidence, but he lost everything that made him a professional footballer

Kostov

If this guy lines up starting another game for this club, or even shows up playing 15 fecking seconds it Manchester United shirt, fans should slap that stupid head on Ole and wake him the feck up. Absolute shambles and a disgrace.

drdoityourself

How he takes throw-ins just sums up how he links up and plays. Can never anticipate movements, takes forever to throw it in.

This is how he plays, never links up well up the flank, never passes good forward passes into midfield. It's just constant dallying on the ball until he hoofs it into the channel, giving the lone forward a lost cause to chase.

But as others have said I don't really get bothered by it anymore. It is what it is. He should have moved on years ago. He is kept on citing his experience as a senior, but as a senior player who has overseen a period of massive downfall at the club, renders his experience redundant.

R'hllor

Bet he misses thumbs up from Lukaku, he gave him a year extension, wtf is wrong with these people.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
One of the worst buys this club has ever made, can't believe he's lasted after NINE seasons of unparalleled mediocrity.

The fact he's our de-facto captain just sums up our current state.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont blame Young. Even he,after he takes a long hard look at himself, would realise he's out of his depth here but when United put a new contract in his face he'd of been a idiot not to have signed it.
The absolute state of this club.

dev1l

One of the worst buys this club has ever made, can't believe he's lasted after NINE seasons of unparalleled mediocrity.

The fact he's our de-facto captain just sums up our current state.
Sweeping statement of the day.

Giggsyking

FFS, I dont want to see him in the team again, Its like we never learn. Put anybody from the youth team there, I dont fecking care, I am just fed up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.