Ashley Young - Captain of Manchester United

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I remember him being an absolute cnut whenever we played Villa. And that's when we had Vidic and Ferdinand. I mean, he goes through periods where his crossing is spot on (not recently, granted), but then there's times (like this first half) where it doesnt look like he's ever attempted it in his life.
He was decent at Villa, a good PL winger who could deliver dangerous crosses. That aspect of his game has gotten worse and worse with each passing season

King Andow

By the way, he was never good enough for this level. A basic winger surrounded by better players who could bang a worldie here and there.

At this point he's not only the worst Captain we've had in my lifetime, he's getting close to being the worst player. This last few months he has been absolutely dreadful.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I didn’t renew our corporate tickets last year when Jose said Young would play 50+games next (this) season. He’s now even worse.

Djemba-Djemba

I remember him being an absolute cnut whenever we played Villa. And that's when we had Vidic and Ferdinand. I mean, he goes through periods where his crossing is spot on (not recently, granted), but then there's times (like this first half) where it doesnt look like he's ever attempted it in his life.
I mean we never lost to Villa so he can't have been that bad to play against but maybe you're right, it's been so long I can't remember.

I do remember when the rumours first started he was coming here thinking what? Ashley fecking young? No where near good enough.

The fact he's still here 8 years later, as full back and as captain is just :lol:

Dearie me.

Strats

Useless as usual. Hate seeing him shouting at others where to run, he never reaches them with passes anyway.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I mean we never lost to Villa so he can't have been that bad to play against but maybe you're right, it's been so long I can't remember.

I do remember when the rumours first started he was coming here thinking what? Ashley fecking young? No where near good enough.

The fact he's still here 8 years later, as full back and as captain is just :lol:

Dearie me.
I even remember a game of his at Watford when he tormented and tore to shreds Mickael Sylvestre :lol:

passing-wind

Ole is a joke for playing him persistently and giving him the armband. Leader is supposed to lead by example, one of our worst performers this season represents the club captain.

Shark

@NotShark
If he wasn’t shite before, the wheels have definitely come off now. That’s the issue with giving contracts to players that are 32/33, they could fall off the cliff at any minute. Young is falling at a ridiculously high speed.

the hea

Maybe it's my memory that has been clouded over the years but wasn't crossing considered one of his biggest strengths back when we bought him? I can't understand how he has completely lost that ability. I remember him as one of the best crossers in the league back when he was at Villa but now he can't put in a half decent one even if he has all the time in the world.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He is a reflection of everything that is wrong with our club and why we are in the mire right now. A player at his age with limited ability is leading us out in a CL QF against possibly the best team in the world.

Hopefully next season is his last, but who am I kidding he'll put in 1-2 good performances and buy himself another extension.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's like watching a dog chasing its tail, its amusing at first, but then it becomes annoying, and at the end, it's just sad and you kinda feel sorry for it, then a final trip to the vet awaits.

If Young had any decency he'd Rio his one year extension up and retire, he has to realise that he's done.

Denis79

If he takes up yoga we might be lucky to have him as our captain to his late 30's.

Timo.utd

I'm more afraid of ashley Young than messi
I ask myself how Ashley Young has been at United for so long?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
What hold does he have on every single fecking manager
I remember reading somewhere he tries to butter every manager, arriving before time. Listening to manager, training well etc. He becomes a manager lapdog and that's why he has survived so long.

With Ole coming in, it must've been no different.

Woodzy

I hate him. He's working his arse off to get up and down, fair enough, but he's a terrible attacking outlet.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They are literally letting us pass him the ball because they know he isn't doing anything with the ball.

podurban2

Ole what the feck are you doing man, get this man out of Manchester...

HJ12

What could we have done with a decent right back this season? Our attacks consistently breaking down when he's got the ball.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
When he's open, he misdirects his crosses. When he's not, he hits the first man.

I'm embarrassed for him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Annndd....Dalot gets hauled off when wed 'd have been better off putting him in place and getting Young the hell out of there.