g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ask admin a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Posters of your standard should be the last people criticising the role of those in charge of quality control.
My standard, it seems the standard of mods have dropped into the gutter.

Ffs it was the match day thread, what do you expect %$&^?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I think you will find a few on here find some of the mods are taking their role as mods a bit too far.
Here's the thing. Throughout the match day thread, your input was neither constructive or insightful. It was an incessant stream of negative comments aimed more or less at Lingard and offered nothing to the thread other than to massage your apparent agenda against him.

Whilst I'm not denying you of an opinion on the guy, and you're within your own right to hate who you want, constant derogatory comments towards the team in general when not entirely warranted (we were playing well today overall) make for some really shit reading. It's the mods job to police the quality of posts that are coming through. When it's constant unwarranted criticism to appease yourself, you're going to find they look negatively on your input to the thread, and thus, threadban you.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Here's the thing. Throughout the match day thread, your input was neither constructive or insightful. It was an incessant stream of negative comments aimed more or less at Lingard and offered nothing to the thread other than to massage your apparent agenda against him.

Whilst I'm not denying you of an opinion on the guy, and you're within your own right to hate who you want, constant derogatory comments towards the team in general when not entirely warranted (we were playing well today overall) make for some really shit reading. It's the mods job to police the quality of posts that are coming through. When it's constant unwarranted criticism to appease yourself, you're going to find they look negatively on your input to the thread, and thus, threadban you.
It is easy to highlight the comments on Lingard and make it sound not constructive but it is the match day thread and you will get off the cuff posts.

I hope the mods are consistent going forward but I will repeat the level of mods on here are pathetic.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Just had my Craig Bellamy thread banned...why?

Does RedCafe support bullying, violence and criminality?

Because otherwise it's an important conversation. So maybe you should consider what side of the fence you want to sit on carefully.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Because otherwise it's an important conversation. So maybe you should consider what side of the fence you want to sit on carefully.
Can I just clarify here, you seem to be saying that if RedCafe supports bullying, violence and criminality then that's fine, but if not it's an important conversation as to why your thread was locked?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Can I just clarify here, you seem to be saying that if RedCafe supports bullying, violence and criminality then that's fine, but if not it's an important conversation as to why your thread was locked?
If RedCafe chooses to suppress a thread that is vilifying those things then yes that is the implication...I was just asking the question to clarify that....!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If RedCafe chooses to suppress a thread that is vilifying those things then yes that is the implication...I was just asking the question to clarify that....!
So, in your mind, the only explanation for your thread being closed is that the moderation team are suppressing any criticism of bullying, violence and criminality?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
So, in your mind, the only explanation for your thread being closed is that the moderation team are suppressing any criticism of bullying, violence and criminality?
I just asked a question and you are avoiding answering it.....

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

It was in the wrong forum, buddy.

I agree with your sentiments. However, instead of blaming the Caf you should be emailing Sky with your disgust. Anyway if you want a discussion General forum would be a suitable place to start the thread. Should I move it?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
It was in the wrong forum, buddy.

I agree with your sentiments. However, instead of blaming the Caf you should be emailing Sky with your disgust. Anyway if you want a discussion General forum would be a suitable place to start the thread. Should I move it?
It was moved, but it was closed. I dont mind it being moved. It straddled the lines, as my frustration came from seeing him after a United game, so as far as I'm concerned Sky made it relevant to our club.

I dont want any association with these types.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It was moved, but it was closed. I dont mind it being moved. It straddled the lines, as my frustration came from seeing him after a United game, so as far as I'm concerned Sky made it relevant to our club.

I dont want any association with these types.
I'll open the thread and park it the general.

Utdstar01

I know the match day threads can be a notoriously dangerous place to be. But it seems there's just an ever increasing swamp of ridiculous posts in threads that are that daft you can't even be bothered to contest or respond to. Is anybody else noticing the deterioration in quality of posting?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I love all the mods.

Can I please get a new username?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
What famous/verified folk follow the redcafe twitter?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What famous/verified folk follow the redcafe twitter?
Actress with approx 700k followers, US journalist with 900k followers, chief football writer of the Telegraph (350k followers), some Spanish meme account with over 200k followers and a professional footballer with 100k followers.

Irvine Welsh never followed us but he was great for us during the Ashley Cole incident at Roma.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Actress with approx 700k followers, US journalist with 900k followers, chief football writer of the Telegraph (350k followers), some Spanish meme account with over 200k followers and a professional footballer with 100k followers.

Irvine Welsh never followed us but he was great for us during the Ashley Cole incident at Roma.
Very interesting. Saw Stewart Gardiner followed.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Who is the right person to ask about changing your username? Mine was made in a hurry and makes me feel like a 15 year old.

Fracture90

Who is the right person to ask about changing your username? Mine was made in a hurry and makes me feel like a 15 year old.
Are you by any chance familiar with how GailSpaceWynand got his username related wish fulfilled ?

Status
Not open for further replies.