Ask admin a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just an idea for football forum. Is it possible to have some sort of colored flags for posters? Like on Outlook email, I want to "flag" different posters with different colors (on my own categories), just for reminder of, for instance, their "this silly mind - always interesting" scale.

Others may have different use, though.
How do you mean? By team supported? By pro- or anti-Mourinho standpoint? Pro- or anti-Brexit? Sounds potentially divisive to me, with few, if any, upsides.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How do you mean? By team supported? By pro- or anti-Mourinho standpoint? Pro- or anti-Brexit? Sounds potentially divisive to me, with few, if any, upsides.
The idea is just options for a poster to put one or two mark(s) on different posters, just for their own personal use. Of course, others can't see the mark. For instance, I want to mark AllHailRed with yellow mark, but other posters may mark him with blue, red, or green. All I see on AllHailRed is just yellow mark, though.

The reason is, there are so many posters now, sometimes with similar usernames, and it will be nice to categorize them into whatever you have in mind.

Just an example:

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The idea is just options for a poster to put one or two mark(s) on different posters, just for their own personal use. Of course, others can't see the mark. For instance, I want to mark AllHailRed with yellow mark, but other posters may mark him with blue, red, or green. All I see on AllHailRed is just yellow mark, though.

The reason is, there are so many posters now, sometimes with similar usernames, and it will be nice to categorize them into whatever you have in mind.

Just an example:
Ah, ok. I agree that it can be hard to remember individual posters, especially those with generic United player names.

Charles Miller

When you click in some thread you have two options: going to the top of the first page or to the bottom of the last page, at least in the phone. I think in both cases you should go to the top of the last page.

Anyway its just my opinion, probably the majority prefers the way it is now.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
My mate just tried to open an account but has been immediately banned for breaching terms and services? The name he was trying to use was 'Squishy'. Any ideas what happened?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My mate just tried to open an account but has been immediately banned for breaching terms and services? The name he was trying to use was 'Squishy'. Any ideas what happened?
Did he sign in from home or work? Had he been registered here before and banned?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Did he sign in from home or work? Had he been registered here before and banned?
No he signed in from my laptop as we were having a few beers last night. Got it all set up and was immediately banned? He’s never been on here before

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
No he signed in from my laptop as we were having a few beers last night. Got it all set up and was immediately banned? He’s never been on here before
Please ask him to sign up again.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Mods are having a complete mare today. Merging all sorts of unrelated threads.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Remind me again why megathreads are a priority on this board? Impossible to follow a conversation thread within them, there's too much being discussed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Posters are having a complete mare today. Creating all sorts of duplicate threads.

That said, yeah, sometimes we get it wrong.
"Pochettino has to be our next manager" was merged with the thread "United to appoint caretaker manager". Both were serving different purposes.
"United to appoint caretaker manager" was then merged with "Mourinho gone". Again, both were serving different purposes.
"Mourinho gone" was then merged with a "Woodward should not pick the next United manager" thread from August. Again, completely irrelevant.

"Mourinho gone" is now a thread from August containing half a dozen threads that were serving different purposes despite there being a 'no to megathreads' policy in place from the mods. Go figure.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Caretaker manager options was merged with Mourinho out? So strange.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Caretaker manager options was merged with Mourinho out? So strange.
There's a bit of a split in opinion. One member of staff thinks the caretaker stuff and Mourinho out is the same discussion while others think they're fine as separate threads as they don't cover the same specific stuff (the Mourinho gone thread I don't care remotely about, while I am interested in the discussion on who the next caretaker manager will be).

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think we're looking ok now with the Mourinho gone thread; caretaker speculation thread; permanent manager discussion thread. The general DoF thread and Woodward threads are useful in this context as well.

We all know there are lots of overlaps and that's ok. We all know there are plenty of subtleties and nuances within those subjects that are worth talking about - but we also know that what happens after the opening post is that any subtlety and nuance gets lost in the duplicate and near-duplicate discussions, and what are effectively just cross-posts.

TLDR - balance!

Thepinhead

If we go with the megathreads can you mods do me a favour and make more threadmarks when someone post a tweet or something interesting. It is really hard to keep up for someone like me who only spend 10 minutes a couple of times a day. I simply don't have time to read through 7 pages every time I've been away for a few hours.

Cheers

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
If we go with the megathreads can you mods do me a favour and make more threadmarks when someone post a tweet or something interesting. It is really hard to keep up for someone like me who only spend 10 minutes a couple of times a day. I simply don't have time to read through 7 pages every time I've been away for a few hours.

Cheers
On a particularly busy day like this yes it can definitely be hard to keep up, especially if everything is in a megathread. Hopefully the reorganised threads we have now will make it a bit easier to follow discussions.

More threadmarks is always a good thing and I’m considering allowing more members to add them to threads, but it won’t be happening in the immediate future.

Thepinhead

On a particularly busy day like this yes it can definitely be hard to keep up, especially if everything is in a megathread. Hopefully the reorganised threads we have now will make it a bit easier to follow discussions.

More threadmarks is always a good thing and I’m considering allowing more members to add them to threads, but it won’t be happening in the immediate future.
Ye I don't mind the megathreads actually. As you say, it makes it more organised. Just a few more threadmarks would be great but I understand that it is hard for the mods to keep track of it all. But glad to hear it is something you are working on

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Please ask him to sign up again.
So I have, and he has tried 3 more times.

Firstly he tried again as he did before and again, was immediately banned.

He has started a new email address to sign up (he didn't want to use his work one) which is a hotmail.com domain. He tried a second time after verifying the email address and everything. Got on fine, awaited being accepted, then found that twice (using different emails and opening them up fully) that he was eventually signed out, when he tried to log in, he's informed there's no user under that name and denies him access.

Could it be an issue with the email domain?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
So I have, and he has tried 3 more times.

Firstly he tried again as he did before and again, was immediately banned.

He has started a new email address to sign up (he didn't want to use his work one) which is a hotmail.com domain. He tried a second time after verifying the email address and everything. Got on fine, awaited being accepted, then found that twice (using different emails and opening them up fully) that he was eventually signed out, when he tried to log in, he's informed there's no user under that name and denies him access.

Could it be an issue with the email domain?
Try once more and post the username used and I’ll keep an eye out for it.

MJJ

There are other threads in classics with pictures? Lots of great photoshop threads there too.
Let me explain this in old people terms, lambs had a picture. Lambs kept that picture in the house, the house got burned down. Now unless he has another copy of that picture, the picture is lost forever.

Other people also had pictures but their house did not get burned.

Makes sense?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Let me explain this in old people terms, lambs had a picture. Lambs kept that picture in the house, the house got burned down. Now unless he has another copy of that picture, the picture is lost forever.

Makes sense?
Hopefully yes

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Makes sense?
Ffs, why are you this dense?

I was hoping we can save pics in other threads that haven't gone down and was checking if caf can host them.

MJJ

Ffs, why are you this dense?

I was hoping we can save pics in other threads that haven't gone down and was checking if caf can host them.
Ahh communicate better pillow.

In that case, that would not be possible as the pictures are not directly hosted on the caf unless niall decides to use server space for that which I don't see happening. Let me know if you want me to dumb this down for you as well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why do I keep seeing posters with Solskjaer in their name? How are they getting it, or is it a slow plan to change everyone's name to that without anyone noticing?

Status
Not open for further replies.