Ask admin a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Google chrome, regular phone network for the county called ALFA telecom. (Lebanon).

Device is Samsung Galaxy S8
Network: Mobile data from my usual telecom company. 4g mobile internet.

Just now the home screen for redcafe took about 2 minutes to load up. Other sites are loading in milliseconds.
Are all pages consistently slow or just the homepage and some others?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Are all pages consistently slow or just the homepage and some others?
First loadup is always slow (usually homepage for my phone). Once the site loads, most of the time the pages I access load quickly.

However, posting in threads always times out and doesn't work.

MJJ

First loadup is always slow (usually homepage for my phone). Once the site loads, most of the time the pages I access load quickly.

However, posting in threads always times out and doesn't work.
Happens to me when I am posting on my mobile data.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Happens to me when I am posting on my mobile data.
Recently or always? I don't want to bother the admins if the problem is from my end or connection via mobile data in general.

MJJ

Recently or always? I don't want to bother the admins if the problem is from my end or connection via mobile data in general.
Been going for about a year now, sometimes it posts and others it times out and I have to refresh for a while.

No such iasues on WiFi.

I just noticed a strange thing.

On the main homepage it shows the most recent activity in the CE forum is in the Brexit thread. I can click into it, view it and post in it as normal. But if I go to the CE forum itself, the thread is not there.

I only actually have 5 pages available so ~100 threads visible.

edit: i figured out its because i have the thread starter on ignore, but i only have two people on ignore. Surely they cant have started 8700 threads in the CE forum between them?

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I just noticed a strange thing.

On the main homepage it shows the most recent activity in the CE forum is in the Brexit thread. I can click into it, view it and post in it as normal. But if I go to the CE forum itself, the thread is not there.

I only actually have 5 pages available so ~100 threads visible.

edit: i figured out its because i have the thread starter on ignore, but i only have two people on ignore. Surely they cant have started 8700 threads in the CE forum between them?
Maybe you've been banned from 8700 threads :eek:

Charles Miller

When you delete a post claiming that some specific word should not be used, you analyze how the term was applied in the context of the phrase or you just look for its absolute meaning in the dictionary?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
When you delete a post claiming that some specific word should not be used, you analyze how the term was applied in the context of the phrase or you just look for its absolute meaning in the dictionary?
Both. If you are talking about say 'rape' and 'cancer', you maybe can argue that they technically work in an analogy, but there are a million alternatives you can use and the rules on those two in particular have been clear and consistent for years now.

MJJ

I can't search for falcao as "Your search could not be completed as it contains only censored words. Please enter different search terms."

I know his time here wasn't the best but bit extreme imo @Niall

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't search for Falcao as "Your search could not be completed as it contains only censored words. Please enter different search terms."

I know his time here wasn't the best but bit extreme imo @Niall
Seems @Niall put loads of player and club names in the censor in their lowercase form with the replacement as their capitalised version. Problem is we can't now search for any of their names - including Sean Goss, so you can imagine how many names there are censored.

MJJ

Seems @Niall put loads of player and club names in the censor in their lowercase form with the replacement as their capitalised version. Problem is we can't now search for any of their names - including Sean Goss, so you can imagine how many names there are censored.
Hmm Cant even search with the F capitalised. Oh well.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Bah, didn't realise XenForo blocked searches of "censored" words :mad:

Just capitalise names properly you illiterate morons! ;)

Or I'll do a workaround.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm finding Tottenham (capitalised) is being altered to (t) Tottenham. I see the big T on the edit screen but get the little t on the post.
Whoops. Fixed.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Any chance of video embeds from Streamja.com? Most football links I see/find are hosted on Streamja, and I don't know of any issues related to the site/service.

Here's one :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
People on /r/soccer seem to be using it a lot more than streamable these days. Guess they have a more relaxed takedown policy so videos stay up longer.
Ok cool, I’ll take a look

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Cheers! & yeah, it's pretty much to share gifs/clips from the soccer reddit.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Check your DNS after using streams, lads. I may have picked up hijacker malware after trying a stream from reddit. Was causing a fair bit of trouble.

Damien

Staff

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This was just sent round by our IT guy, not sure how/if it will affect posting images, or, indeed, viewing them:

“HEIF is the new photo format that Apple is using to replace JPEG. And it probably will replace JPEGs, because the iPhone is the most popular, most-used camera in the world, and as of iOS 11, most iPhones will be switching from JPEG to HEIF.”

Damien

Staff

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This was just sent round by our IT guy, not sure how/if it will affect posting images, or, indeed, viewing them:
JPEGs will always work, they’re not going away anytime soon, but over time HEIF may be widely adopted and become the norm.

Right now it looks like it’s still in its infancy and in terms of using them on this site, it will ultimately depend on image services (like imgur) adopting it and the various browsers on all devices adding support for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.