g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ask admin a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMack1234

I'm not sure if this is right place to put this.

But the circles that show how many games a players has played, how many goals scored, their rating etc. Isn't showing up.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Damien

When someone requests a break for X months, what does it mean?

It's like a ban on a fix term?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
why have I not noticed not secure on my chrome address bar before when i go onto redcafe
A recent change in chrome. This site has never used HTTPS but I’ll be changing that hopefully before the end of the year.

Ludens the Red

Got a new phone and every time I’m on this site I get annoyingly redirected to all sorts. I have my ad and pop up blocker on but it’s still happening.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Sometimes when I try and reply to a thread in Chrome on my phone, the site isn't moving up to accommodate the keyboard, so I can't actually see the comment box as it's covered by the keyboard. Only happens every now and then so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the keyboard I'm using on my phone, Chrome on my phone, or the site. Wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar? Happens probably 25% of the time.

Classical Mechanic

Got a new phone and every time I’m on this site I get annoyingly redirected to all sorts. I have my ad and pop up blocker on but it’s still happening.
Let me guess. Safari?
It's terrible on my phone so I rarely use that now. It started happening on ipad too although on different sites. The fix on my ipad was to switch off the mobile site and onto the regular site.

Member 5225

What benefits are there post-20,000 posts again? No ads or something?

Member 5225

Yes! Has starting happening to me too, hence my question above! Lol

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
It's terrible on my phone so I rarely use that now. It started happening on ipad too although on different sites. The fix on my ipad was to switch off the mobile site and onto the regular site.
Applying a content blocker such as Adblock helped that my end but screws revenue over somewhat.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
"Your posting privileges in the Player Performances Forum have been removed, stick to the Football Forum."

Because I'm flagged as a Liverpool fan, or because of something else? I'm not sure I've ever posted in there more than once or twice - I'm just curious :D

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Would it be possible at all for eyeryone to be able to view the match week threads and the U18/23 threads even if they have said person on ignore? I notice when a few people mentioned they couldn’t see the match week thread because they had RobinLFC on ignore. If that’s not possible I understand but I think it’d be a cool feature.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
"Your posting privileges in the Player Performances Forum have been removed, stick to the Football Forum."

Because I'm flagged as a Liverpool fan, or because of something else? I'm not sure I've ever posted in there more than once or twice - I'm just curious :D
I’ve got the same message.

@Damien is this applicable to all oppos? I don’t post much in those threads but I’m curious now.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Would it be possible at all for eyeryone to be able to view the match week threads and the U18/23 threads even if they have said person on ignore? I notice when a few people mentioned they couldn’t see the match week thread because they had RobinLFC on ignore. If that’s not possible I understand but I think it’d be a cool feature.
I was one. I couldn't understand how I didn't see the thread so I asked in here. Guess I should stop ignoring people left, right and center.

Varun

Staff

@Damien is this applicable to all oppos? I don’t post much in those threads but I’m curious now.
Should be resolved now.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Should be fixed now guys, was meant to apply to newbies only

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Have you ever considered if the implementation of rules on the forum is actually improving it? Do you sometimes ask yourself «Why» before locking a thread, moving, removing or deleting a post?

It has been bugging me for a while, and I quite often end up not writting in RC (instead turning to Twitter for instance). The latest example is when I added a bit of information in the Sander Berge-thread in the transfer forum. Obviously not transfer related. But I see little point in creating a new thread about him just because of the information I had about him. It was not «news» worth a discussion, but maybe a nice fact for members interested to know a bit more about the player?

In my opinion, I have to options;
- Create a new thread (would be a waste in mt opinion),
- Do not post it,

Does make sense to raise the bar for posting in here in the manner you do? Probably not.

Maybe misleading for some as they entered thread. Maybe I owe them an apology due to the expectations they must have had when entering the thread.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Have you ever considered if the implementation of rules on the forum is actually improving it? Do you sometimes ask yourself «Why» before locking a thread, moving, removing or deleting a post?

It has been bugging me for a while, and I quite often end up not writting in RC (instead turning to Twitter for instance). The latest example is when I added a bit of information in the Sander Berge-thread in the transfer forum. Obviously not transfer related. But I see little point in creating a new thread about him just because of the information I had about him. It was not «news» worth a discussion, but maybe a nice fact for members interested to know a bit more about the player?

In my opinion, I have to options;
- Create a new thread (would be a waste in mt opinion),
- Do not post it,

Does make sense to raise the bar for posting in here in the manner you do? Probably not.

Maybe misleading for some as they entered thread. Maybe I owe them an apology due to the expectations they must have had when entering the thread.
I don't quite get your beef. Was the thread locked or the post deleted then?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I don't quite get your beef. Was the thread locked or the post deleted then?
Maybe the fact that english is not my first language make me sound a bit harsh. Its not a beef. I just dont agree that the restriction enforced in here is always for the better. I liked when they decided to lock player threads to avoid knee-jerk and stupid posts not "designed" to encourage a good discussion.

But sometimes they restrict a good discussion, and it do not always make much sense. Would one more thread about Sander Berge (without a particulary interesting topic to discuss) be better for the forum? Better for structure and overview? More informative? Probably not. Probably less misleading, but that is mostly due to a rigid rule enforced by the admin. I'm sorry, but its just not very intelligent.

However, I can understand that there is sometimes a need for one transfer thread and one player thread. In a place like this some rules should be guidelines and the adminitrator should use their judgement.

Last edited:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
You should have just made a new thread :lol:

Sounds stupid maybe, but if no one replies or reads then so be it, it dies and sinks to the bottom. In this case people were engaging. I'll tidy it up and move it.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Maybe the fact that english is not my first language make me sound a bit harsh. Its not a beef. I just dont agree that the restriction enforced in here is always for the better. I liked when they decided to lock player threads to avoid knee-jerk and stupid posts not "designed" to encourage a good discussion.

But sometimes they restrict a good discussion, and it do not always make much sense. Would one more thread about Sander Berge (without a particulary interesting topic to discuss) be better for the forum? Better for structure and overview? More informative? Probably not. Probably less misleading, but that is mostly due to a rigid rule enforced by the admin. I'm sorry, but its just not very intelligent.

Locked.
Your English is fine. Just start a new thread on him if you think this guy is going to be a really good player. It's not like it will be the 800th shit-related thread in the gen.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
New thread in Football Forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.