Ask admin a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why can I still see a thread Ive ignored listed?
The ignore thread add-on doesn't work on the portal (home page) as they're two different things. Once you're in the forum itself you can't see the thread. Both add-ons are designed to work with the core forum software rather than other add-ons.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Whatever happened to "dealing with some of the excessive negativity on here"? In that thread guidelines on the sort of posts that would no longer be tolerated were given as:

Now looking at that list of examples I could be fooled into thinking I was reading the Liverpool match and post match threads. I can understand people venting their anger after losing heavily to Pool, but it's not just today, this is now pretty much the standard of Caf posts in any thread on any given day. The negativity on here has been getting worse and worse for a long while and it is really putting a lot of posters (myself included) off coming to this place.
We don't usually take action on a single post (unless it's so far out of place that it's insulting, offensive or thread derailing in itself).

We do respond to posting patterns, repetition, agenda posting (dragging the same stuff into every thread). So, it takes us time to catch up even with repeat offenders. Plus we don't read every thread, every post, so reports are really useful to us.

Please don't use report just because you think someone is wrong though. We're not censoring posts, we're trying to deal with nonsensical, offensive, hysterical, thread killing posts.

Damien

Staff
There is a way around it but you would need to get Stylish or some other custom CSS add-on for your browser and add the following rule

Code:
#thread-###### {
  display: none;
}
But replace the #'s with the id of the thread you wish to ignore. So for this thread:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ask-admin-a-question.430336/

You would use 430336, giving you:

Code:
#thread-430336 {
  display: none;
}
and the thread will no longer show up on the home page.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Yeah that's how I used to ignore threads before the ability was added to the Caf. I don't use the homepage so I don't need to use it for that anymore, but I still use the addon for some other things.

Oscie

Could someone look into merging the two Trump threads as often they overlap. For example in the non-Russia investigation Trump thread people post Tweets/articles directly linked with the Russia investigation and in the Russia investigation Trump thread people often post articles and Tweets that are generally about the Trump presidency and not necessarily directly linked to the Russia investigation.

A single thread about the presidency of Donald Trump that covered both his presidency in general and the issue of the Russia investigation wouldn't necessarily be too wide a scope for a thread, I don't think.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Could someone look into merging the two Trump threads as often they overlap. For example in the non-Russia investigation Trump thread people post Tweets/articles directly linked with the Russia investigation and in the Russia investigation Trump thread people often post articles and Tweets that are generally about the Trump presidency and not necessarily directly linked to the Russia investigation.

A single thread about the presidency of Donald Trump that covered both his presidency in general and the issue of the Russia investigation wouldn't necessarily be too wide a scope for a thread, I don't think.
Seperate threads exist because the Russia investigation is broad enough to focus just on that. The regular Trump thread is for all normal Trump related issues.

Neo_Mufc

I may be wrong but seems to be more Jose threads propping up recently due to this pre-season.

I'm all for hearing everyone's views but it feels like each one sets up another for negative bashing.

Should we not stick to one thread simple to discuss "All things Jose".

Just a thought.

Varun

Staff
I may be wrong but seems to be more Jose threads propping up recently due to this pre-season.

I'm all for hearing everyone's views but it feels like each one sets up another for negative bashing.

Should we not stick to one thread simple to discuss "All things Jose".

Just a thought.
We have been merging threads. If you think some specific thread needs to be merged too, use the report function to bring it up

Chairman Woodie

I noticed a few lengthy quotes now have "click to expand" in red. Does that automatically appear once a quoted post exceeds a certain length? Or does the poster need to input code?

iKnowNothing

Doubt it. If you've got more info such as what page(s) it appeared on and more information with regards the domain it directed you to, Niall will block it.
I was on the Forums page, trying to open the thread about Jerome Boetang (in the transfer forum) when that ad popped out. Sorry, I don't have the domain that I got redirected to - I instinctively closed the tab right after it opened up. Will try to let the page load and come back to you guys with the exact page that gets redirected to.

Damien

Staff
I was on the Forums page, trying to open the thread about Jerome Boetang (in the transfer forum) when that ad popped out. Sorry, I don't have the domain that I got redirected to - I instinctively closed the tab right after it opened up. Will try to let the page load and come back to you guys with the exact page that gets redirected to.
Thanks. Screenshot would be even better. Post information in this thread: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/pop...-like-redirect-urls-screenshots.431184/page-3 and mention your phone and browser too.

Dolf

What happened to the policy on useless negativity. Wasn't there this new big thing a few months ago where people would get warnings for it? I wish it would be enforced more.

Akshay

Staff
What happened to the policy on useless negativity. Wasn't there this new big thing a few months ago where people would get warnings for it? I wish it would be enforced more.
If you see posts abusing United players e.g. 'so and so is a donkey' please report them. Reports help a lot in highlighting problematic posts for us to discuss and deal with.

Oscie

Hi,

Not to complain, isn't my forum, but I don't get why I was banned from the football forums as I don't think I ever used to post much there to begin with. Seems a bit odd. I've only really just noticed when I went to make a point about whether we need a DoF in the thread.

Redo91

Where are the individual player threads gone? I can’t seem to access them. I can only see last season’s.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Where are the player performance threads for 18/19?

Edit: figured it out from the above posts :lol:

Redo91

Didn't you wonder why there were so few threads for last season? :lol: Think he did most of them. Would only have been my two for Fellaini and Darmian, two more for Zlatan and Blind and finally the one for Mourinho!
It’s weird I could actually view player performance threads but they weren’t appearing on the main forum (like they are now). I had to go into the Player Perfonances Forum. Pretty sure I could still see all the threads mind.

I don’t blame you. :lol:
No idea how that happened mate! :lol: Like any forum there are a few posters who get on my nerves but any arguments are usually ended with me getting a warning (think I have one) or the other person getting banned. Don’t remember ever putting anyone on ignore. God knows what you must have done! :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Where are the thread that's made for each PL round? Can't find it anywhere.

Damien

Staff

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Ah didn’t think about that, I’ll stop doing them in that case cause I’m probably on ignore by quite a few people :lol: Was just too excited for the first matchday.
Yep. I had to stop ignoring you to get access to the thread. How inconsiderate is that? :p :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.