Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

@Niall where is my point for Alexis?! This is serious business.
For some reason the scraper didn't detect the substitution. I've fixed it but might take a bit of time for the database to update the scores. I'm pretty sure everyone above you in the LPL would have had him as a sub anyway.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I keep getting a BT/EE ad when I open certain threads. It’s inescapable, can’t close the ad and can’t go back a page, I have to close the Redcafe tab and reopen, try same thread and it happens again, close repeat and then can access it after 3rd or 4th attempt.

I put up with it for a week but it’s getting on my tits now

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I keep getting a BT/EE ad when I open certain threads. It’s inescapable, can’t close the ad and can’t go back a page, I have to close the Redcafe tab and reopen, try same thread and it happens again, close repeat and then can access it after 3rd or 4th attempt.

I put up with it for a week but it’s getting on my tits now
What device (mobile or desktop)? Got a screenshot you can share?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What device (mobile or desktop)? Got a screenshot you can share?
It’s on iPhone , safari.

Sometimes the ad says BT, sometimes EE

I’ll pm you the pic, it says ip on there, not sure if that’s my ip and whether it’s safe to put up

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It’s on iPhone , safari.

Sometimes the ad says BT, sometimes EE

I’ll pm you the pic, it says ip on there, not sure if that’s my ip and whether it’s safe to put up
Private message it to me?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Are you guys ever going to reconsider the new newbie system? Ever since newbies are allowed to post in the mains, the quality of the football forum has nosedived dramatically. It’s become almost intolerable to be in there any more. It used to be one of the wittiest, sharpest, most stimulating places on the internet. But I can barely even go in there any more.

Mission accomplished you might say.

Roosney

Are you guys ever going to reconsider the new newbie system? Ever since newbies are allowed to post in the mains, the quality of the football forum has nosedived dramatically. It’s become almost intolerable to be in there any more. It used to be one of the wittiest, sharpest, most stimulating places on the internet. But I can barely even go in there any more.

Mission accomplished you might say.
This.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In the list of users it says that we have “42 robots” online which seem to be viewing different threads. Why are they viewing threads and how do you know that they are robots?
Bots scrape the site for search engines etc.

Dan

Is there any of way of doing something to the transfer tweets thread so that you can only post links and nothing else?

Damien

Staff
Is there any of way of doing something to the transfer tweets thread so that you can only post links and nothing else?
A little bit of discussion is fine but gets ridiculous when there's too much. There already is a 'link only' version of the transfer tweets thread but it currently isn't in use. It might be enabled soon with the season close to ending.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
A little bit of discussion is fine but gets ridiculous when there's too much. There already is a 'link only' version of the transfer tweets thread but it currently isn't in use. It might be enabled soon with the season close to ending.
Why is it not open all year round? It makes no sense for it not to be when the functionality is there.

I would much rather view the link only one rather than trawl through pages looking for the tweets only. I doubt I’m alone. Far more value to the Caf than most of the other threads made tbf.

Damien

Staff
Why is it not open all year round? It makes no sense for it not to be when the functionality is there.

I would much rather view the link only one rather than trawl through pages looking for the tweets only. I doubt I’m alone. Far more value to the Caf than most of the other threads made tbf.
I'm guessing it is to do with the limited space available on mobile phones so not having it there during the season when there aren't many tweets makes the navigation cleaner. Niall is the only one who can answer for sure though.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I'm guessing it is to do with the limited space available on mobile phones so not having it there during the season when there aren't many tweets makes the navigation cleaner. Niall is the only one who can answer for sure though.
@Niall any ideas? If possible to add the transfer tweet page in permanently instead of TW’s that would be a brilliant addition I feel.

Anustart89

How come you're not allowed to make plays on words that sound similar to diseases, but you're allowed to throw the word 'braindead' around like it's nothing?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
How come you're not allowed to make plays on words that sound similar to diseases, but you're allowed to throw the word 'braindead' around like it's nothing?
Any chance you can throw a few examples in a PM or here?

Anustart89

Any chance you can throw a few examples in a PM or here?
You can probably see there's a graveyard of posts on page 10/11 of the Sarri sack watch thread after duffer's comment saying "We don't attack either" or something to that effect. I posted a response calling it "Sarriball Palsy", which was followed by one guy taking offense and ten people laughing at the joke, which was clearly only a play on words where Sarriball sounds like cerebral if emphasised the same, and palsy meaning restricted movement.

The post was then removed by a mod with the comment 'not funny' (which a bunch of people obviously disagreed with), but whatever. Now, I'm seeing Troy Deeney being referred to as a braindead thug, the word braindead features a number of times in the Young thread and can easily be seen by just searching all forums for the term.

Now, I don't personally take offense in any way other than the fact that my (IMO) excellent joke was removed. However, if there's going to be some consistency in moderating, then surely we can agree that braindeath, also commonly known as death, is a more serious condition than cerebral palsy, yeah?
And I didn't even direct it at someone unlike people in the Deeney and Young threads, the latter which I assume is the most heavily moderated thread on this forum at the moment.

So I'm just wondering if there's some policy on a ban when it comes to using medical conditions in a) puns, and b) to describe people, and why b) is enforced less than a) in this specific example.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Why is the 'live updates' section in the match day thread not showing anything other than the lineups?

Damien

Staff
Why is the 'live updates' section in the match day thread not showing anything other than the lineups?
Niall has been on holiday so there's not been any in-game updates while he's been gone. I'm in charge of the pre-match stuff so the lineups and stuff get posted.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
This message pops up anytime I try to access the forum using Google Chrome -

Sorry, you are not allowed to access that page
Please use one of the links on this page to get back on track.

It's working fine on Safari though. Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same issue?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This message pops up anytime I try to access the forum using Google Chrome -

Sorry, you are not allowed to access that page
Please use one of the links on this page to get back on track.

It's working fine on Safari though. Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same issue?
Try clearing your cookies for this site in Chrome?

kps88

Is there any way to access match day threads from old SAF seasons?