Television Atlanta (TV Show)

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Binged through 7 episodes of this today. My fav new dramedy. The "B.A.N." episode was brilliant and one of the best pieces of TV I have seen this year. Funniest episode of the lot as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gonna start watching this. Love everything Donald Glover does.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
“I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then it’d be time well spent.”

Ending it with Outkast was apt.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Binged all of this in 2 days last week. Enjoyed it. Some laugh out loud moments, surrealism and was just very watchable.

It's like Louie and Entourage had a baby. But in a good way because Entourage was pants.

Cina

Nilsson be cryin'.

Deserved it.

Atlanta was great, though.

Maxii

Paad
Only just start watching this. Just binged through 7 episodes and it's great. The "trans-racial" part in episode 7 is brilliant. Wonder how many times they had to film the scene where they keep nodding at each other without laughing :lol:

Loublaze

ATLien
Danny Glover just won a Golden globe for best actor in a Comedy or musical for Atlanta

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Glad to see it getting recognition. Best actor and best comedy.

Well deserved, too. Think this and Silicon Valley were the best comedies last year.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Well deserved, it was one of my favourite shows in a year of great TV Shows.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Atlanta's a great show but the first six episodes set the bar very high, then the final stretch is a little choppy. Plot development stalls. Character development stays strong, but the shooting plotline is something I've been waiting to hear back from since the pilot and it's not been revisited.

And it's like, a big plotline that would affect the futures of Earn and Paper Boi if it ever came back. Unless it didn't really happen? I'm not sure.

There's a lot of doubt as to whether certain events actually happen in this, as if some episodes are actually dream sequences. There are some episodes I can think of that begin as Earn wakes up completely out of it. Maybe the previous episode was a dream he had?

Obviously I'm curious for the next season, but considering I was hungry and excited for each episode at the beginning of the season there's been a dampening of my expectations.

Special mention for the soundtrack, though. It's one hell of a soundtrack. Finishing the season with Elevators was a fantastic choice. And another special mention for Darius. "I'm going inside. I ate those two blunts when the cops came. Tonight... tonight's gonna be weird."

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Atlanta's a great show but the first six episodes set the bar very high, then the final stretch is a little choppy. Plot development stalls. Character development stays strong, but the shooting plotline is something I've been waiting to hear back from since the pilot and it's not been revisited.

And it's like, a big plotline that would affect the futures of Earn and Paper Boi if it ever came back. Unless it didn't really happen? I'm not sure.

There's a lot of doubt as to whether certain events actually happen in this, as if some episodes are actually dream sequences. There are some episodes I can think of that begin as Earn wakes up completely out of it. Maybe the previous episode was a dream he had?

Obviously I'm curious for the next season, but considering I was hungry and excited for each episode at the beginning of the season there's been a dampening of my expectations.

Special mention for the soundtrack, though. It's one hell of a soundtrack. Finishing the season with Elevators was a fantastic choice. And another special mention for Darius. "I'm going inside. I ate those two blunts when the cops came. Tonight... tonight's gonna be weird."
Think you're over analysing with the dreams, plotlines etc. I mean the first episode starts out with them in the parking lot of a club where a shooting takes place, and they get arrested and released within a matter of hours. Other scenes involve an invisible car, a black justin bieber and a drug deal shootout in the woods.

It was meant to be surreal, but the underlying constant is how real the characters are. Earn is literally struggling to eat on a daily basis. Has no fixed address, his relationship with his family is distant at best, relationship with the mother of his child is as inconsistent as his pay days, and Paper Boi knows he's leeching off his recent success but also knows he needs Earn around.

It was made for the culture, black representation, hip-hop etc. It's not made to be dissected like Westworld.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Where can I watch this?
If you've got Sky/Virgin I think it was on FX a couple months back so might be available on demand.

If not, I hope there aren't other unauthorised sites to view such content, otherwise I'll need to report them.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Think you're over analysing with the dreams, plotlines etc. I mean the first episode starts out with them in the parking lot of a club where a shooting takes place, and they get arrested and released within a matter of hours. Other scenes involve an invisible car, a black justin bieber and a drug deal shootout in the woods.

It was meant to be surreal, but the underlying constant is how real the characters are. Earn is literally struggling to eat on a daily basis. Has no fixed address, his relationship with his family is distant at best, relationship with the mother of his child is as inconsistent as his pay days, and Paper Boi knows he's leeching off his recent success but also knows he needs Earn around.

It was made for the culture, black representation, hip-hop etc. It's not made to be dissected like Westworld.
What is this culture you speak of?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
If you've got Sky/Virgin I think it was on FX a couple months back so might be available on demand.

If not, I hope there aren't other unauthorised sites to view such content, otherwise I'll need to report them.
Not on demand, unfortunately! Heard it's going to be a good few months till it's on Netflix.

I would resort to other options but I've been spoiled with great quality and can't watch anything that isn't.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
:lol:

"Do _____ for the culture" is such a common phrase on social media and yet no one ever stops to ask what this damn culture is.

Was so happy when Glover shouted out Bad and Boujee at the awards acceptance. The song is dope (Lil Uzi Vert adds nothing to it tho)
That's so true, it's weird - I don't think I can define it, but I can understand it at the same time.
Black Twitter, Atlanta, Insecure, Migos/Thugger/Future etc are all for the culture, and everybody who appreciates is welcome. Just don't steal it.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Not on demand, unfortunately! Heard it's going to be a good few months till it's on Netflix.

I would resort to other options but I've been spoiled with great quality and can't watch anything that isn't.
Check Sky i'm sure FX will show it again before Netflix have it, they must do it's not like their line up is filled with much outside of TWD anyway.

bucky

Rewatching this and noticed the actor who played Steve Urkel at the basketball game! :D

Peanut Butter

Watched the first 2 episodes. It's good. Love Donald Glover's music so thought I would check this out.

Does it get better?