Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Didint he win all aerial duels against PSG ?
Don't know. He had 58% aerial success rate in Championship which is worse than Lindelof and also won 3/15 headers last season in PL.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fantastic attitude.
He’s the only player in our recorded club history to have captained every team from the most junior all the way to1st XI (he was captain vs Rochdale in a league cup Match).

Had excellent GCSE and A-Level grades too. He’s any parents dream son, hence why it’s so easy to detect first class attitude and discipline and high standards.

Axel is a future club captain, if only he can stay fit and just naturally fulfill his potential.

Look at the photos above: he is already a phenomenal physical human specimen, and has the smarts and brains to go with it.

Tuanzebe, Mengi and big Willy could be our 3 man CB partnership in 2025 :eek:

and no striker on this planet would get past them!

If he can break through this year, I doubt we need Upamecano next summer. Use that money for Haaland.

on this level, Woody deserves credit as all three are from his watch. He has really backed the youth development side of the club, just need another 2 years for all that investment to pay dividends

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Love the attitude. Wish more fans realised this instead of spunking over PSG

adnando

One of his main qualities that I feel goes unnoticed is his ability to make interceptions, win headers, and make clearances where we keep the ball. He is so aware of his surroundings that you rarely see him make a type of clearance most of our other defenders make on a more regular basis.
I do think he would be best suited to play alongside Maguire, as headers are his weakest ability.

How should he be managed in the next couple of weeks before the international break?
We play Chelsea, Leipzig, Arsenal, Istanbul, and Everton before the break, where most of those teams use a system that suits Axel's abilities.
If he was not injury prone I would play him every match, perhaps rest him in the Istanbul match depending on how we fare against Leipzig, but with his injury record, we might want to wase him in.

Tiber

I still can't believe how well he played against PSG after being injured for a year. And its not like he was a regular starter before the injury. Bonkers.

Classical Mechanic

Web of Bissaka

Wish he had better lucks with his fitness/injury record.

Ever since 16/17, he is always promising in the way he play football. It's an impressive style of defending, still raw at that time of course but man, so unique.

Then again, we also make our own lucks (excluding the natural lucks which we can't control) and in this case - taking care of the body well with good diet, lifestyle and self-driven body fitness programs. I'm not sure how his are, so maybe he just had the worst kind of lucks.

I still can't believe how well he played against PSG after being injured for a year. And its not like he was a regular starter before the injury. Bonkers.
It really is one of the most impressive performances from a united player in the last 7 years.

Ralph MIlne

Very impressive game by Tuanzebe. Anyway, hes been quite mediocre, all in all, before this game. By all means, I would be very happy if he became a success, still I have my doubt's

KevinJoh

I just hope he will be rested against Chelsea, as two 90 minutes in 4 days after 10 months without football is very dangerous. Hopefully Maguire is back, and Maguire, Lindelof (Fosu) and Shaw can do it in 3 at the back with Telles and AWB on the side. Something similar like against PSG. Lets wait and see.

Ekeke

Didint he win all aerial duels against PSG ?
He did but thats why this "100%" stat is always misleading and makes players who do a minimal amount of something sound better than they are.

In this case it was 2 won out of 2.

Not much to do in the air but what little there was, Tuanzabe did all of it and Shaw and Lindelof didnt have to deal with it.

A-man

[
He did but thats why this "100%" stat is always misleading and makes players who do a minimal amount of something sound better than they are.

In this case it was 2 won out of 2.

Not much to do in the air but what little there was, Tuanzabe did all of it and Shaw and Lindelof didnt have to deal with it.
Aerial duels is not an exact science. You have to be challenged enough to count as a duel. Maguire wins a lot of headers that aren’t counted for because he’s not enough challenged, probably because he is so dominant and nobody bothers, and everybody who watched the game saw Lindelof clear it several times in the air. It’s more useful to see as comparative stats not reflecting one game.

Then the position must be taken in to consideration. Tuanzebe has very poor aerial stats but he also played full back in some matches.

Craig Ward

Great performance and so refreshing to see a defender from us playing with confidence

Its becoming pretty normal to expect a mistake from lindelof, bailly and maguire. Certianly Jones and Rojo.

If he stays fit, and gets a run of games he's easily our best CB.

Ekeke

[

Aerial duels is not an exact science. You have to be challenged enough to count as a duel. Maguire wins a lot of headers that aren’t counted for because he’s not enough challenged, probably because he is so dominant and nobody bothers, and everybody who watched the game saw Lindelof clear it several times in the air. It’s more useful to see as comparative stats not reflecting one game.

Then the position must be taken in to consideration. Tuanzebe has very poor aerial stats but he also played full back in some matches.
When?

If you're so sure he headed the ball out I'm sure you'll be able to tell me at what points it happened so I can see for myself

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
When?

If you're so sure he headed the ball out I'm sure you'll be able to tell me at what points it happened so I can see for myself
I think he did it two times. If he did do it 3 times then it is several :lol:

A-man

When?

I can’t go through the whole match for you but for example at 43:05 he cleared with his head but was relatively unchallenged, and a few seconds later, 43:15 he clears it again this time he is more challenged but still not counted as aerial in the stats.

Anyway you can see from this situation that it was not the case that Tuanzebe alone took care of everything in the air.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
[

Those are counted as clearances.

A-man

Those are counted as clearances.
Probably and that’s what I am telling here, there is someone making a judgement if it is a duel or not. Tuanzebe’s aerial duels were pretty similar to last one at 43:15.

Anyway my point was, one cannot just look at the stats from the match and say that Tuanzebe took care of everything in the air and Lindelof and Shaw didn’t have to deal with it. That is either misusing stats or not understanding stats or probably in this case both.

Rolaholic

Just about everyone around the club seems rightfully proper chuffed and excited about him

With Bailly out for some weeks, really hope he can get consistent minutes these next few weeks. We'll need what he offers the backline against the quality opposition we have on schedule these next few weeks

Matt6677

Not deemed good enough to start by Ole today which is ridiculous

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's been out for 10 months so easing him in gradually, even after his game in midweek makes complete sense.

So, come on guys, dont go complete dumb-dumb on this.

A-man

If he’d played and got injured everybody would’ve gone crazy over Ole’s poor judgement.

Bwuk

Really hope he starts vs Leipzig. Lindelof and Maguire did great vs Chelsea, but Axel needs games too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he’d played and got injured everybody would’ve gone crazy over Ole’s poor judgement.
Yeah. It was sensible to protect him and I hope Ole keeps being careful with players' fitness.

TheMitz

I can definitely see him starting against Leipzig, would be interesting to see how 5 at the back worked with Lindelof and Maguire alongside him, or even Shaw playing on the left of the 3

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I can definitely see him starting against Leipzig, would be interesting to see how 5 at the back worked with Lindelof and Maguire alongside him, or even Shaw playing on the left of the 3
Tough one. They got tall strikers. But at the same time quick ones. But then again last season Leipzig scored lot of goals from set pieces means Maguire would be better option to clear the headers. We might end up playing the three of them together and give Shaw a rest if we play 3 at the back.

CG1010

I am sure he will play against Leipzig.. One he has probably recovered having sat out of the Chelsea game. Two, as per @Adnan 's post in the match day thread about the style of play of Leipzig, Tunazebe would probably be well suited to counter high press and movement football. Especially as we would also probably look to play a high line playing at home.

GueRed

already seen on the internet Axel is gonna be world class comparing him to greats from Jaap Stam to Paul McGrath :lol:

talk about heaping unrealistic expectations!

fans getting carried away by one decent performance shocker tbf

seen it all before

judge after a series of games over a course of a season ffs

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
already seen on the internet Axel is gonna be world class comparing him to greats from Jaap Stam to Paul McGrath :lol:

seen it all before

Realistically it will be injuries that stop him if he doesn't make it here. He's a great talent and seems to have a very good head on his shoulders.

A-man

seen it all before

It was a very good performance from him, and much better than anything I’ve seen from him before. If he can repeat it time and time again? We don’t know but we’ll find out.

I’m not only excited because played very well after such a long break. For me it’s more the way he played. It looked matured and not just depending on physical skills as is often common for younger defenders. Even if he is fast, the main reasons he stopped Mbappe’s counter were because he was well positioned and anticipated the run.

He was also calm and composed with the ball. He cooperated well with AWB and Lindelof, helped them out when needed and got help when he needed.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I'd love to see him start alongside Maguire tonight and see what they are like as a partnership. He looked fantastic against PSG, perfectly at home against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.