Bale or Cavani, which is the better deal?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
there is nothing to compare here, one is a brit who's been freed from his evil oppressors and will fly high in London, the other is an old foreigner who is just here for the money and found a sucker in the shape of the desperate yestermen from Old Trafford
What do their nationalities have to do with it? If you think Cavani came here to sit on his ass and pick up his pay check you're mistaken and clueless.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
One clear answer here: the one that is less injured. Less injured = winner

Denis79

I think that Spurs will have a better season than us this year, as a result Bale will ride along and have a better season than Cavani, if he stays fit. If the transfers were vice-versa I would say the opposite, so it's not which player is better but which team I believe will do better.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I think both will be interesting. Both Spurs and us can transition/break at high speed so it ll be interesting to see if both still have the stamina to keep up with that. Having said that - I think we have more to gain from a proper CF (I love Tony but a pure 9 he is not) than Spurs have to gain from Bale. If the stories about his work rate are true - his impact in some ways might be even more important outside of matches. Cavani offers us something different. Bale offers more or less the same. Either way I'm sure Bale will score some worldies this season, but with the potential to imbalance their squad.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you're going to be a big man, and talk shit, at least be fecking right. Moron.

19/20groin strainJan 13, 2020Jan 30, 202017 days5
19/20Muscle InjuryDec 17, 2019Dec 30, 201913 days2
19/20IllDec 12, 2019Dec 16, 20194 days1
19/20Calf InjuryDec 6, 2019Dec 10, 20194 days1
19/20FitnessSep 19, 2019Oct 17, 201928 days5
19/20Hip InjuryAug 26, 2019Oct 17, 201952 days8
18/19RestApr 29, 2019May 1, 20192 days1
18/19FitnessApr 5, 2019Apr 5, 20190 days-
18/19Muscle InjuryMar 10, 2019Apr 4, 201925 days4
18/19Hamstring InjuryFeb 10, 2019Mar 3, 201921 days6
18/19Hamstring InjuryOct 26, 2018Nov 4, 20189 days2
18/19Muscle InjuryJul 1, 2018Aug 21, 201851 days3
what a train wreck of a post :lol:

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
What do their nationalities have to do with it? If you think Cavani came here to sit on his ass and pick up his pay check you're mistaken and clueless.
i was describing both players through the eyes of a red top newspaper, sorry if i wasnt that clear,
i actually think Cavani will do more than okay at United, and i'm glad United made him an offer, for no other reason than too many fans on here and in the wider fanbase, have an obsession with ''yoof'', players don't suddenly become shite once when they turn 30, he'll score a few winners for United this season

Leethal

what a train wreck of a post :lol:
I was wrong?

He said he's been injured once; as is clearly not the case at all, as proven by data.

I'd say the train wreck is the person that is blatantly wrong in regards to his injury record, then runs crying to moderators like an infant to his mother, reporting me, after I called him out on it. I'm not going to pander to the crowd to try to gain popularity points - of which I truly couldn't care less about. I've been here for 12+ years, and if I get banned for calling out incessant stupidity, so be it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lots of photos now of Bale in full training - I reckon he's going to be all ready to play after the international break.

I can only imagine the thoughts of opposition defenders when they see a front three of Son - Kane - Bale on the team sheets.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bale. Not even close.

Bale's played feck all football last season, after being totally frozen our for reasons we already know, and still somehow managed to play more football than Cavani; (if you include internationals), in a much more competitive team, and a far more competitive league. He's also almost 3 years younger, and has actually kicked a football in the last 7 months, and not been sat on a farm with Covid contemplating retirement as nobody of worth wanted him. People forget Cavani's injury record of late is about as bad as Bale's is, yet, Bale is a much more talented footballer.

I rank the transfer of Cavani as possibly one of our worst piece of businesses I've seen in a very, very long time. Obviously we've had some terrible signings, but they are terrible in hindsight for the most. This is terrible from the outset. And he's supposedly our marquee signing this window.

Also, whilst Cavani is free, he's still going to cost us a fortune after you account for agent fees, signing on bonus and wages. And he won't be able to kick a football for us, for at least a month or two. At best.
Agree. I will add.

Bale knows the league, and the club. It's always more comfortable to live close to home for culture reason. Bale had higher ceiling, and between his injuries, he has adapted to play with them all his career. He's not supposed to carry the team but adding extra X-factor. And Bale is capable of produce X-factor even in the most pressure environment. Bale ain't supposed to carry Tottenham.

In comparison, Cavani is new to the league. After getting hit with niggling injuries, his performance in French league nosediced. There is question whether he can adapt with all these thing at once now he's 34 in few months. Cavani is flat track bully, lack X factor. Often failed to give cutting edge in important games in CL. Cavani would have to do very well to contribute as much as required, given he would have a different role now than he used be have. In substitute role, he's not rated by PSG as high as Icardi, nor Choupo Mouting this past season.

We paid more up front with wage and agent fee for Cavani in the first year, while Bale one year loan package is 9m. It only gets even if Cavani does well enough for second year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...t-tottenham-bargain-9m-season-long-loan-deal/
Good posts :)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
there is nothing to compare here, one is a brit who's been freed from his evil oppressors and will fly high in London, the other is an old foreigner who is just here for the money and found a sucker in the shape of the desperate yestermen from Old Trafford
Hahaha

MDFC Manager

Bale. Not even close.

Bale's played feck all football last season, after being totally frozen our for reasons we already know, and still somehow managed to play more football than Cavani; (if you include internationals), in a much more competitive team, and a far more competitive league. He's also almost 3 years younger, and has actually kicked a football in the last 7 months, and not been sat on a farm with Covid contemplating retirement as nobody of worth wanted him. People forget Cavani's injury record of late is about as bad as Bale's is, yet, Bale is a much more talented footballer.

I rank the transfer of Cavani as possibly one of our worst piece of businesses I've seen in a very, very long time. Obviously we've had some terrible signings, but they are terrible in hindsight for the most. This is terrible from the outset. And he's supposedly our marquee signing this window.

Also, whilst Cavani is free, he's still going to cost us a fortune after you account for agent fees, signing on bonus and wages. And he won't be able to kick a football for us, for at least a month or two. At best.
:lol:

Bale. Not even close.

Amazing

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bale. Not even close.

Wow. Impressive.

KD6-3.7

I don’t know why Spurs took the gamble getting Bale. You could see he was happy just collecting his wages from Madrid and lost interest in football all together a few years ago.

Red Stone

It's quite obvious Bale is the far better deal...

...if you're the owner of Hadley Wood Golf Club.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Good posts :)
This is the difference between 'professional' fans very professional managers/coaches.

The managers/coaches will probably get 5-7 out of 10 things right for a living.

'Professional' fans: 1 out of 10 right despite their thousands of cock-sure opinions.

Yet the 1 out of 10er will be the loudest and will never remember nor lack the humility to learn from how badly they got their pontifications wrong. In fact, will probably double-down like the Ole Outers.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bale. Not even close.

:lol::lol: