Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Didn't Suarez get a ban for this a few years back? Dignity and respect is highly valued at that club I see. Hypocrites.

Tyrion

What club would be crazy enough to sign him at this point? I guess Liverpools thinking was that they needed a striker and it was worth a try (plus I think all their other plans fell through). At this point, I think he wouldn't get a place at a top club if he moved to and played there for free. I'd like to know what his problems were. A few people have mentioned issues in his childhood. I have a feeling though that it's just an excuse and really he's just a clown.

R'hllor

Oh,never gonna forget Soccer Saturday after they signed him,our beloved Tommo saying how they got world class player or potential w/e for peanuts :lol:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Sigh, such a colossal feck up of a signing, doesn't even seem remotely interested in making a decent fist of the over-hyped ability he has. Looking like you're "trying harder" and scoring at a rate of 1 goal every 800 games is simply not good enough.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Sigh, such a colossal feck up of a signing, doesn't even seem remotely interested in making a decent fist of the over-hyped ability he has. Looking like you're "trying harder" and scoring at a rate of 1 goal every 800 games is simply not good enough.
It was as plain to us as the schnozz on Phil Thompsons face.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
What club would be crazy enough to sign him at this point? I guess Liverpools thinking was that they needed a striker and it was worth a try (plus I think all their other plans fell through). At this point, I think he wouldn't get a place at a top club if he moved to and played there for free. I'd like to know what his problems were. A few people have mentioned issues in his childhood. I have a feeling though that it's just an excuse and really he's just a clown.
No everyone could see it wouldn't work....especially for a hardworking team like Liverpool.

I wouldn't even want him at our club if we would get him + £500m

Loublaze

ATLien
A few people have mentioned issues in his childhood. I have a feeling though that it's just an excuse and really he's just a clown.
Could be both. He was left by his biological parents in the care of an Italian family who raised him as their own and gave him their last name. I don't think he's ever felt wanted by his adopted country (well, he was born in Italy actually) and I think he still holds resentment towards his Ghanaian parents. Explains some of his actions to be fair and even though he's a full grown adult he's still young. It is said he gives a large portion of his salary to children's charitable organizations. I don't like his antics, but there's more to him as a person I think.

RooneyLegend

Might be a poor/average footballer atm, but there's nothing over hyped about his ability, nothing at all.

Tyrion

No everyone could see it wouldn't work....especially for a hardworking team like Liverpool.

I wouldn't even want him at our club if we would get him + £500m
Agreed. I think maybe they just wanted some kind of 'X factor' when Suarez left. If Liverpool were better, maybe they could have carried him.

Either way, surely that's his last chance at a 'big club' gone.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Cross Posted.

Nearly a 1:2 goal scoring record over the past 3 seasons (and 30 in 54 for Milan) is pretty damn decent. His non-existent work rate (or to be exact, team play) is a bit of a myth actually too (see video below) though I agree he doesn't suit our pressing style, not that Sturridge is much of a presser either.

Fact is if Studge gets injured (highly likely since he's rather susceptible to minor knocks that put him out of action for a game or two) then our only other resource is Lambert and whilst he is a good player to have on the bench to come on when in dire need or sub off Studge, I'd not want him leading our line with his lack of pace. We need another striker (and no way can we start the season without strengthening further, it's not worth taking the risk when you think of the income at risk if losing out on Top 4 and failing in the CL .... highly probable if we lose Studge) and we've obviously tried for a number of Europe's best already, but for one reason or another none have come off. Barrett however says Falcao remains our top target (one year loan with option to buy) but we are readying the Super Mario deal in case it doesn't come off.

If we have Balotelli for 2-3 years and he keeps up his 0.47 goals per match then we'll be laughing even with his occasional mad-cap antics and red cards (4 in 2.5 yrs).

1. Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC 6h
    Mario Balotelli currently earns £60,000 a week at AC Milan.
  2. Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC 6h
    AC Milan want £16m, (€20m) for Mario Balotelli. Talks between the clubs have started. No bid yet, but Milan are willing to sell him.
Good one Rafa

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's got it all in his locker despite the fact that he tries his hardest not to show it. He's a powerful unit with great pace and great technically. He also has great ball striking.
No, he hasn't.

He's so overrated, it's not even funny anymore.

Varun

Staff
He's got it all in his locker despite the fact that he tries his hardest not to show it. He's a powerful unit with great pace and great technically. He also has great ball striking.
His actual ability has been overhyped due to him being mental up there. Definitely had the tools to be a very good player though, I agree.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
No, he hasn't.

He's so overrated, it's not even funny anymore.
No. Check out his best performances - Germany in the Euro SFs where he made mincemeat of Hummels and Badstuber, and for example his performance vs us in the 6-1. (IMO their best player before the sending off)
His shooting from range is terrifying, he is/was a calm finisher, he has great strength and decent pace to bully CBs, a good touch, and is an excellent penalty taker.

Mentally he's a fragile nutcase and this means we rarely if ever get to see any of that, but it's there.
Even his insane cameo at Anfield, he picked out a couple of crossfield passes with the outside of the foot, right on the money. Would've made a Scholes highlight reel. His footballing ability should not be doubted.

diarm

I was only thinking the other day, he's been disappointingly average at Liverpool for me.

Obviously he hasn't been great, but he hasn't been as overwhelmingly shite as I was expecting either.
Just dull and ordinary. Even his weird outbursts seem like his hearts not in it.

I was at least expecting him to set fire to their training centre or be photographed in the midst of a midget/donkey orgy or something.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I agree. It's just his head that needs sorting out.

buckooo1978

He was fantastic at the last Euros and he has obvious ability which for previous clubs he has demonstrated, even sporadically

His issue is his attitude as he doesn't always seem to be trying hard or focused

His other issue is that he was never gonna suit Rodgers style of play - signings like him and Lambert didn't make sense to me - why sign players who don't suit your game plan

He's an odd one and very childish.... Anyone else notice he seems to invite attention then complain about it - comes across to me as a real prick

kotha

Mentally he's a fragile nutcase and this means we rarely if ever get to see any of that, but it's there.
Don't know if we can say he is mentally fragile,as he has a very good penalty record.. Takes all high pressure penalties without any worry..

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Don't know if we can say he is mentally fragile,as he has a very good penalty record.. Takes all high pressure penalties without any worry..
But at the same time he allows basically any provocation to get to him...he's an engima.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No. Check out his best performances - Germany in the Euro SFs where he made mincemeat of Hummels and Badstuber, and for example his performance vs us in the 6-1. (IMO their best player before the sending off)
His shooting from range is terrifying, he is/was a calm finisher, he has great strength and decent pace to bully CBs, a good touch, and is an excellent penalty taker.

Even his insane cameo at Anfield, he picked out a couple of crossfield passes with the outside of the foot, right on the money. Would've made a Scholes highlight reel. His footballing ability should not be doubted.
If you look at anyone's best performances, you could call them a great talent. Balotelli has a good shot and can take a mean penalty. That's about it.

His potential and talent is overstated. He's not that good. Never has been. But I suppose "Great talent but dodgy attitude" makes for a better story.

Zoo

I don't think Rodgers repeatedly throwing him under the bus will have helped him. Then his captain Gerrard doing the same on national TV after that penalty fiasco with Henderson. Which is pretty rich now looking back considering the soft treatment Gerrard has had this week, with his media buddies almost apologising for him. I reckon Balotelli has given up and knows he needs to move on to another club.

clarkydaz

twitter is his lifeline to remaining in the public conscience, as he does feck all on a football field to talk about. Given fame and fortune as a teenager and has been fine with that ever since

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
If you look at anyone's best performances, you could call them a great talent. Balotelli has a good shot and can take a mean penalty. That's about it.

His potential and talent is overstated. He's not that good. Never has been. But I suppose "Great talent but dodgy attitude" makes for a better story.

He was considered a great talent before his attitude made headlines. In Italy he was racially abused at both Milan clubs but his on- and off-field performances got equal coverage as far as i know.

And it's not "good shot, good penalty." He has the perfect physique to play both as a lone striker as well as a partner for a faster finisher. But he can't take the loneliness of being a solo #9 and will wander offside or drop too deep, and I'm not sure how reliable he will be at cooperating with a partner either. And he's got very good passing and control too.

I honestly think he's gone downhill mentally, and Rodgers, the media whoc focus on his antics, and of course Italian racists (and of course himself) must share responsibility for that. I thought I could see him breaking at the World Cup, he was under one of the few managers who appreciates him but he just didn't seem to be in the match. Big contrast to euro 2012 in the same setup with the same manager.

Djemba-Djemba

Totally agree.

I never saw anything with him that said potentially world class, maybe he showed signs of it at Inter but since he came to England he's not shown anything like that.

He's had great games of course but that's true of almost any decent level striker. You'd have to think that's him done now at the top level, don't know where he goes from here.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He did have potential, however he has been grossly mismanaged throughout his entire career.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Bright lad, must try harder. Id imagine his school report went a little something like that. He reminds me of Berbatov in a way, could have been one of the greats had he been bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.