Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Wtf was Gerrard doing punditry on a Liverpool match in the first place?
I find it interesting that he wasn't in the dressing room. It was the same V Arsenal in 2009-the 4-4 game. (He was crying about a goal and said it should have been offside even though it was onside :lol:).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
No, he shouldn't have been on there to start with.

Liverpool knew what they were getting with Balotelli. It was Rodgers' vanity and arrogance which made him think he could change Balotelli into someone a team player who could help his team win the league.
Agreed, it smacked of desperation because they couldn't get hold of a quality striker to replace Suarez, Brentan is so far up his own arse despite winning jack shit so far in his career that he felt he has the ability to change someone's personality.

MDFC Manager

If he tries to sweep it under the carpet he looks weak, particularly when you know Strachan and Reid are going to have a debate about it right beside him. If he criticises him he "airs his dirty laundry" and causes "dressing room unrest". He was in a lose-lose situation there and that was entirely Balotelli's fault.
I think Gerrard is culpable as well. He's club captain, he shouldn't even be publicly commenting about the game in the first place.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
A lot of hay being made on here around the 'incident', and fair enough.

A lesser story is the form of Mario. In just over a week he's scored two winning goals and created a winning goal - he's been the difference in three consecutive matches. Had we signed this bloke in January he'd look good business.

Can he keep it up? If he can then it's a good time to hit form.
Yeah...He's world class Balo is la, his goals and assists ratio in the last 3 games is only rivaled by Studge and Messi la.

Minimalist

If he tries to sweep it under the carpet he looks weak, particularly when you know Strachan and Reid are going to have a debate about it right beside him. If he criticises him he "airs his dirty laundry" and causes "dressing room unrest". He was in a lose-lose situation there and that was entirely Balotelli's fault.
That's absolute nonsense and I've no idea why you feel as captain he has to take an aggressive position towards Balotelli. Should have made light of it (Rodgers could deal with it as the manager) and moved on, end of story. Who gives a feck what Gordon Strachan and Peter Reid think?!

Balotelli is certainly in the circle of people who made a silly incident but I don't see his role any worse than that of Henderson, Sturridge or even Gerrard's comments following it.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
That was disappointing. I was expecting him to say "Man, shut the feck up".

Keeping it PC makes me judge him.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
Actually feel a bit sorry for him tbh. Been hung out to dry by the manager and the majority of liverpool media. He's actually been half decent at times coming on as a sub and still be crucified.

Classical Mechanic

Anyone else think that he should have been sent off for the achilles foul on Jones? If you deliberately go out to hurt another player, as was obvious in this case, then you should walk IMO.

King_Eric

Anyone else think that he should have been sent off for the achilles foul on Jones? If you deliberately go out to hurt another player, as was obvious in this case, then you should walk IMO.
Thought it should have been a red one as well. Deliberate stamp at Jones' leg/achilles.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Loved that the Liverpool fans had to hold him back from doing something stupid on Smalling. He's an absolute clown and the longer he stays at Liverpool the better.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Amazing that he still has the confidence to get up to the things he does now he's completely ineffective and soon to be forgotten as a footballer.

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's really shite.

You know you are fecking thick if those clueless scousers in the crowd have to bail you out.

krazyrobus

I did not understand his substitution, when you are down to 10 men you need energy, not the stand around disinterest of Balo, might as well have been playing with 9 men.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
His own fans having to hold him back to prevent a second red was one of the underrated hilarities of that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.