Barcelona - a lot of moaning about them and some praise

Devil may care

I feel like I need a shower, complete and utter embarrassment to the game, You have to hand it to Busquets, even with Diva Maria on the pitch, he's still easily the biggest cheating cnut out there.

Although both sides dived a lot Barcelona's play acting and surrounding the ref was non stop, horrible game and the little golden boys as usual get away with it.

Man-United

Should it end up United v Barca final, surely SAF will be having something to say in his pre-match press conference about not letting the barca players surround the ref and all that other nonsense they got up to today
Yeah, but it does not seem to matter as the ref's accept this every time and also sending off a opposition player so they are 12 v 10 instead of 12 v 11.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
A lot of handbags in the tunnel at the end... there may be more suspensions if the ref or UEFA can be arsed to sort it out.

AlwaysRedwood

Should it end up United v Barca final, surely SAF will be having something to say in his pre-match press conference about not letting the barca players surround the ref and all that other nonsense they got up to today
Hopefully their dives and cheating were so blatant and ugly the press will get on them and they won't be able to get away with it in the final.

But I doubt it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Refs have to do something about their antics. It's completely disgusting, but it's excused because they play boring, sorry, "beautiful" football in the middle 3rd.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
This is what annoys me about Barcelona, I've seen this sort of nonsense many times over the last five years but the media go on as if they never do anything like this. It is absolutely pathetic what they will go down for and how, both sides.

I was disgusted by their behaviour, and Real Madrid's of course.

But Barca shouldn't have to resort to this kind of stuff. They are far too good at simply playing football. This makes a mockery of Uefa's respect campaign. I hope both clubs get fines for subjecting the world to that.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
The worrying thing is their actual game plan was to get a man sent off. Disgraceful.

MUFCgal

We went about our business last night in a completely professional manner. No diving, no antics. We did our job and are almost there.

The only reason I'd be wary of Barca is the fact you can't seem to tackle or harrass them too much. Their antics of constantly going down clutching the face, waving imaginary cards and all their players chasing after the ref is disgraceful.

I remember one time Nani did the imaginary card thing, and Rio told him to cut it out.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
I think that is the seventh time Mourinho has lost a player against them.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
How anyone can come on a football forum after watching that match and pinpoint 1 team over the other? Hilarious. It's like choosing the lesser of 2 evils tbh.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
What really gets me about is that they really don't need all that gamesmanship.

They are a terrific footballing side and is probably the most entertaining team to watch for a neutral fan. Yet time and time again, especially in the big European stage Barcelona demonstrate the worst traits of modern football. All that pathetic face clutching and rolling on the floor at the most innocuous contact, waving imaginary cards and surrounding the referee trying to turn every challenge into a drama re-enactment, etc etc.

They also regularly getting a helping hand from the officials. Whether the referees are just influenced by their constant theatrics or UEFA really "likes" certain clubs more than others as the conspiracy theorists would want us to believe, it's impossible to deny how many times they profited from the poor refereeing decisions over the last few years in the CL.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How anyone can come on a football forum after watching that match and pinpoint 1 team over the other? Hilarious. It's like choosing the lesser of 2 evils tbh.
That's exactly what people are doing. And most people would rather want Real in the finals than Barcelona.

Snow

They are a terrific footballing side and is probably the most entertaining team to watch for a neutral fan. Yet time and time again, especially in the big European stage Barcelona demonstrate the worst traits of modern football. All that pathetic face clutching and rolling on the floor at the most innocuous contact, waving imaginary cards and surrounding the referee trying to turn every challenge into a drama re-enactment, etc etc.

They also regularly getting a helping hand from the officials. Whether the referees are just influenced by their constant theatrics or UEFA really "likes" certain clubs more than others as the conspiracy theorists would want us to believe, it's impossible to deny how many times they profited from the poor refereeing decisions over the last few years in the CL.
It's unbelievable how much help they get from refs. I think referees don't watch football. I don't believe it.

Dresilved

Hopefully their dives and cheating were so blatant and ugly the press will get on them and they won't be able to get away with it in the final.

But I doubt it.
Probably true, but SAF will definitely have some fun speaking to the match officials through the media in advance.... its one of the things he does best

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

I support this.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Both as cnutish as eachother in the theatrics department, but Barca actually try to play football rather than trying to put 10 men behind the ball in their home stadium. Mourinho was giving it billy big bollocks before that game, him and Madrid can both feck off

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
call that a football match?

that was 90 minutes of utter dross & pathetic cheating, only lit up by the genius that is Messi

someone should shoot Busquets in the face, then he'd know a good reason to roll around

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's retarded to even mention that Barca fans would be embarrassed by their team.Yes they're a team of cheats,full of diving pricks who try to con the referee but if it's the price that's gotta be paid for them to be so competitive, I think not one of their fans will care

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
They systematically tried to get Real players sent off, you saw it when Pedro ran into Arbeloa and threw himself to the ground off the ball in the first half - then the whole team systematically surrounded the ref and demanded a card. Any ref in the world could be forgiven for finally sending someone off when that's what happens every time there is a foul(or not).

The same thing happened again and again throughout the match. I actually hope referees pick up on this. I hope a rule where the ref is entitled to give red cards to players who simulate being hit in the head in an attempt to get players sent off is introduced after seeing this. There's 5 officials around the pitch, and each and every one could see that Pedro and Busquets was cheating, as for the Alves/Pepe-incident.. How smart must the ref feel watching that replay, or when Alves jogged on to the pitch a minute after actually dying.

Leg-End

Imagine if Rooney had thrown that corner flag in the crowd, we wouldnt hear about anything else for a week.

Snow

Both as cnutish as eachother in the theatrics department, but Barca actually try to play football rather than trying to put 10 men behind the ball in their home stadium. Mourinho was giving it billy big bollocks before that game, him and Madrid can both feck off
They didn't try to play football. 77% of the time they had the ball and managed one more shot than Madrid. Only three of those inside the box.

They just time wasted with the ball and Madrid didn't pressure. This game had 0-0 written all over it before the red card.

Crustanoid

call that a football match?

that was 90 minutes of utter dross & pathetic cheating, only lit up by the genius that is Messi

someone should shoot Busquets in the face, then he'd know a good reason to roll around
It was world class rolling around though GB

A lesson to the rest of the world in how to roll around

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair, both teams were disgraceful. Utterly classless.

Hope the final is a victory for football (us naturally).

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Same goes for Pedro too, and Alves !

That Pepe' challenge in the PL would be a normal warning ! Made the most out of that !
Whereas his 'outburst' earlier in the season would have got him banned for six months of he was lucky. I cannot see the logic of getting the cards out very, very quickly and easily in Spain, but then be very lenient when it comes to clear and obvious violence. What are UEFA going to do about all of the comings together? Locking both teams in their dressing rooms following a game is unprecedented in recent times so they've admitted through their own actions tonight was extraordinary.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Real were every bit as bad. Messi won the game for the right team.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
They didn't try to play football. 77% of the time they had the ball and managed one more shot than Madrid. Only three of those inside the box.

They just time wasted with the ball and Madrid didn't pressure. This game had 0-0 written all over it before the red card.
Surely that mean's they're playing football, moreso than Madrid :houllier:

I only saw one team trying to play football out there, while the other was content to sit back and put in cynical foul after cynical foul. Both cnutish teams I concur, but don't even try and say Madrid deserved anything out of that game.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
What annoys me is that this is all youse can take for this game? Yes they dive. So what. Its nothing new, get over it.

What I take from this game is that the home side Real fecking Madrid went out and embarrassed themselves by refusing to play football. Mourinho could not have gotten this game more wrong if he had tried.

Barcelona went and played football as an away team in a huge game and deservedly won the match.

Why can’t we take this from the game?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Same goes for Pedro too, and Alves !

That Pepe' challenge in the PL would be a normal warning ! Made the most out of that !
Seriously, so what ? Every commentator and fan of the PL keep saying "this wouldn't be given in the PL" but this isn't the PL.The PL isn't the reference for everything related to football