Barcelona - a lot of moaning about them and some praise

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What annoys me is that this is all youse can take for this game? Yes they dive. So what. Its nothing new, get over it.

What I take from this game is that the home side Real fecking Madrid went out and embarrassed themselves by refusing to play football. Mourinho could not have gotten this game more wrong if he had tried.

Barcelona went and played football as an away team in a huge game and deservedly won the match.

Why can’t we take this from the game?
Why should their persistent and outrageous cheating be ignored?

ALX8725

reyalP maeT htuoY
Take Me Home, United Road. To The Place I Belong,
What annoys me is that this is all youse can take for this game? Yes they dive. So what. Its nothing new, get over it.

What I take from this game is that the home side Real fecking Madrid went out and embarrassed themselves by refusing to play football. Mourinho could not have gotten this game more wrong if he had tried.

Barcelona went and played football as an away team in a huge game and deservedly won the match.

so, what did you think about all the Barca play acting and cheating? It is all ok because they played football as an away team in a huge game and won the match? :rolleyes:

MUFCgal

It baffles me how people can just dismiss Barca's blatant antics and cheating, simply because they play beautiful football.

It was anything but beautiful tonight. Messi's two goals were the only good thing about the match, the rest was pure ugly from both sides.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.

IMO the game would have finished 0-0 had it been 11 v 11. The fact that Barcelona went out to get a player sent off is the reason why most are reacting like they are. A great team like Barcelona undoubtedly are should not need to resort to the tactics of today. I mean just imagine the team of 99 and keane rolling around on the floor!!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Im used to it. I am over it, it happens. They do it more than most teams but all teams do it at times

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Why?

Two teams put on the more disgraceful display of sportsmanship you'll see and you want me to give credit to one?

feck that.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I feel like I need a shower, complete and utter embarrassment to the game, You have to hand it to Busquets, even with Diva Maria on the pitch, he's still easily the biggest cheating cnut out there.

Although both sides dived a lot Barcelona's play acting and surrounding the ref was non stop, horrible game and the little golden boys as usual get away with it.
Agreed. I often get slagged off when I criticize them, but let's face it, if we strip off the whole 'mighty Barcelona' attitude, we are left with a team that loves to cheat, dive and act like they are the best thing since sliced bread. They are a world-class side, there's no doubt about that, but they are far away from flawless.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Passing the ball around your own half/the middle of the park isn't exactly football. They barely created more chances than Madrid, who "weren't playing."

Untied

I pray we don't lose to this shower of shite in the final.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It baffles me how people can just dismiss Barca's blatant antics and cheating, simply because they play beautiful football.

It was anything but beautiful tonight. Messi's two goals were the only good thing about the match, the rest was pure ugly from both sides.
No one (in this thread I mean) has really tbh.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No one (in this thread I mean) has really tbh.

amolbhatia50k

Im used to it. I am over it, it happens. They do it more than most teams but all teams do it at times
They are an embarrassment as are Real.

Hope we don't get drawn into their antics in the final should we get there. Lets keep the clubs head held higher than those fannys care to.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Passing the ball around your own half/the middle of the park isn't exactly football. They barely created more chances than Madrid, who "weren't playing."
They were the away team in their biggest game of the season and they dominated

AlwaysRedwood

Because the other team was simply trying to get a player sent off.

So, it was a match where one team sat back and fouled and the other team dived and tried to get a player sent off.

IMO, if Barca is the "best team in the world" they wouldn't always resort to this kind of shit in CL semis. If they play "football the way it should be played" they wouldn't dive and pull this kind of shit.

I didn't expect much more from Madrid because they are a Mourinho team. That's what his teams do. But I do thing playing to get a player sent off is 100 times worse than just going with anti-football in hopes of a 0-0 score going into the next leg.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You know the match was pathetic when Ronnie wasn't even in the top ten divers playing in the match.

scream

I really do hope that UEFA pick up on it and actually do something and make a statement before either the second leg or the final.

Spanish football is littered with rolling, diving, card guestering and bullying of the ref.
If we did it here, or in Europe, we'd be hung, drawn and quartered but it seems to me that it's just dismissed as a sort of 'oh thats how it is there' mentality.

AlwaysRedwood

If you are okay with cheating, then you're okay with how Barca get to finals.

But saying other people should have the same, "who gives a shit about cheating" attitude, then you are being a bit ridiculous.

I will always detest diving. It is the ultimate example of what is wrong with football, IMO.

amolbhatia50k

If you are okay with cheating, then you're okay with how Barca get to finals.

But saying other people should have the same, "who gives a shit about cheating" attitude, then you are being a bit ridiculous.

I will always detest diving. It is the ultimate example of what is wrong with football, IMO.
Agree. Fine, he expects it but why should others not condemning constant cheating?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Like I said before in previous Barcelona and the Spanish national team threads. We all know what to expect. We all know they are going to do it. So I am over it, it really doesnt bother me
So because they always cheat we should just accept it and move on?

Sorry mate but that's a horrible attitude.

AlwaysRedwood

Like I said before in previous Barcelona and the Spanish national team threads. We all know what to expect. We all know they are going to do it. So I am over it, it really doesnt bother me
Look, if I go into a rape camp and see people getting raped, no big deal. I was expecting it. It's called a 'rape camp' after all.

MUFCgal

How will you feel come the final, should it be us v Barca. We're trying to play football, but our rhythm is constantly disrupted due to Barca players constantly going to ground clutching faces, always surrounding refs and getting one of our players sent off?

Trust me, you'd be pretty much bothered, as we all would. If they come out and play fair, beat us in a great game of football then you can't complain. But if they act like they did tonight, I'd be fuming.

Lynott

I assume this thread is beng ironic considering the scum that litters the Madrid team and bench.

amolbhatia50k

So Randall is basically saying he expects them to cheat so it's okay that they do. Hmmmm

beergod

When Barca have so much possession with so little intent to move into the final third and attempt to score its more masturbation than domination.

WireRed

Some fecking Oscars need to be handed out to Alves, Busquets, and Pedro after tonight, aswell as Di Maria for Madrid.

Barca have been doing this for years but more annoyingly have been getting away with it for years aswell. It's sad that such a great footballing side feel the need to resort to such shithouse tactics :mad:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Some of the behaviour of some of the Barca players was shameful and disgraceful. When things aren't going their way they resort to cheating.