Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Can't say I'm too fussed about having him back. He's a shadow of the player he used to be.
Agree. Doesn't fill me with any excitement to know he's back. Even worse knowing that Herrera-Schneiderlin grows less and less likely by the week.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Can't say I'm too fussed about having him back. He's a shadow of the player he used to be.
I'm on the fence on that one. He played most of his career in a successful, established club. He's now in a team very much in transition so it's hard to compare. He's also a player in the same vein as Carrick who can offer a lot without notching up assists and goals.

Bebe

He's neither the world class superstar of years past, nor is he completely bereft of ability now. He's been a calming presence in many of our games this season, and has demonstrated the leadership qualities we all know he has. For instance, in the game where Shaw got injured, immediately after the injury the entire team looked disinterested and unfocused. Schweinsteiger in that game was the only player trying to rally the troops and inject some aggression back into our play. It wasn't enough, but I noticed it in that game and was very impressed.

It'll be good to have him back, but please LVG keep the Herrera-Schneiderlin partnership as starters.

Brophs

The One and Only
His ability now is only impressive relative to the absolute shitcannery of most of the rest of our side. He was a mistake.

Last edited:

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I think he's been excellent for us. By no means is he the player he was 2-3 years ago but he contributes so much energy and leadership to our midfield.

Devil81

I think he's been excellent for us. By no means is he the player he was 2-3 years ago but he contributes so much energy and leadership to our midfield.
Energy! he can't run..

He brings stability and calmness, but that's about it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So far I think he's offered nothing but the ability to plod around the field. I guess one thing is that he's the only one who looks alright playing LCM, everyone else there drifts too high or moves to the right side a lot more.

SteveW

Lots of pointing=leadership
Being really slow=calmness

He's done very little so far

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
What kind of state is he in?

Reminds me of a retired player turning out for a charity game waddling around

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Theres No way hes close to being fully fit. He only started training this week according to lvg

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The best thing to come out of that game was his minutes and the start of match rythmn. We'll need him for the league games.

Eddy_JukeZ

Need him fully fit somehow. Our midfield always looks better with him IMO despite his decline.

DWelbz19

He is proper podgy. Kolo Toure-like proportions.

Lawman

Need him fully fit somehow. Our midfield always looks better with him IMO despite his decline.
I agree he has great self belief on the ball and will help guys like Morgan compose there self but I was hoping he'd come back in better shape (disappointing)

MAME DIOUF 32

He was a chubster when he arrived and it only seems to be getting worse. Very disappointing.

I hope the reason for his nothing appearance last night was that he was asked to just get his foot on the ball, calm us down and stop us shipping any more goals.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The only saving grace with this signing is that he barely cost anything.

I'm not seeing any of the calmness or leadership he's supposed to be bringing in.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

It was pretty clear that he won`t save our midfield Problems. Fecking Bayern had a laugh that another Club was willing to actually pay Money for him.

Bwuk

He played about 12 minutes in a game where we were completely over-ran, and set up a chance. I think the comments about yesterday in here are a bit OTT.

arthurka

If anyone is judging by his cameo yesterday they need to get their heads straight..
He is a great player, might be a little leggy at times but he is being used like an 24 year old full of beans box to box cm.
Get him deep in the middle controlling tempo and passing it left,right and center you will see the benefits. As you will see this summer with Germany.

A new manager will find a great role for him as LVG is so stuck in the past he can´t change anything even if it is clearly not working.

Dobbs

If anyone is judging by his cameo yesterday they need to get their heads straight..
He is a great player, might be a little leggy at times but he is being used like an 24 year old full of beans box to box cm.
Get him deep in the middle controlling tempo and passing it left,right and center you will see the benefits. As you will see this summer with Germany.

A new manager will find a great role for him as LVG is so stuck in the past he can´t change anything even if it is clearly not working.
Good post.

Getting players in their correct postions would make a massive difference. We've seen that with Mata going into the 10 role and how different Martial is on the left.

It's so simple that it makes LvG's refusal to do so even more frustrating.

arthurka

Good post.

Getting players in their correct postions would make a massive difference. We've seen that with Mata going into the 10 role and how different Martial is on the left.

I totally agree with you on that one..

Ballache

Supports
Martial

Excellent post and I fully agree.

Moriarty

Good post.

Last night's set up was baffling. Where was Rashford supposed to be playing; wide on the right or down the middle. No wonder he came off early.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

Well I suppose Mourinho took Falcao on, so it's a possibility.

arthurka

Well I suppose Mourinho took Falcao on, so it's a possibility.
:lol: Yeah that´s a bit baffling... Who knows but I for one am sure that Mou would have picked somebody else if he had been given the cash to do so...

Bwuk

Last night's set up was baffling. Where was Rashford supposed to be playing; wide on the right or down the middle. No wonder he came off early.
Rashford was wasted because Varela had clearly been told to man mark Coutinho, so when Coutinho was coming infield it allowed Moreno to push forward and pin Rashford back.

The tactics were mind boggling. Fellaini, Schneiderlin and Mata as the three is bizarre. Mata had to keep dropping deep to try and get on the ball.

Dobbs

Right wing I think but when you can't keep the ball the wide players are more like fullbacks.

It's just so frustrating. Certain players should only be used in certain positions. Schweinsteiger is the deep lying playmaker, Schneiderlin is box to box, Martial on the left, Mata and Fellaini at 10, Rojo centre back, Blind left back. They might not ultimately be good enough but at least you then get the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.