6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Came on with some fire that rallied the team I felt, and his urgency and passing helped us get back onto the front foot and push for the equalizer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Considering we've scored 3 against them in our last two home games then why not? I do think it's all a bit pointless though after seeing Dortmund play a few times though. Neither are going to win it.
Despite giving it the whole "it's the Europa, and it's only last 16" face saver to Pool fans at work, I'd love us to have a deeper run into the competition.
Just can't see it. We look all tidy with the ball but no real flair.

Also that last home game was against a Rodgers team that was probably their poorest team in 20years here.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Don't give up the day job mate, he was very good today
He really wasn't. It was a decent performance at best with his best contribution being a foul that wasn't called by an inept ref. Fellaini was terrible today though so Bastian didn't look as bad and slow as he normally does.

No surprise to see people flower him with ridiculous praise though. He could score 5 OG's and people would still praise his "drive" and "character" and so called "winning mentality" for no apparent reason.

Irrational.

He changed the game when he came on for that hairy lamppost.

Fully expect him to start vs the Scousers. He's got the winning mentality running through his veins. Surely he's a bit tubby but he's easily the most influential midfielder we have at the club, should be captain if he stays fit, in my opinion.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He really wasn't. It was a decent performance at best with his best contribution being a foul that wasn't called by an inept ref. Fellaini was terrible today though so Bastian didn't look as bad and slow as he normally does.

No surprise to see people flower him with ridiculous praise though. He could score 5 OG's and people would still praise his "drive" and "character" and so called "winning mentality" for no apparent reason.
Looks overweight, Runs around like a bulldozer, doesn't bother tracking his man, makes a couple decent passes...Bastian fecking Schweinstegier. :drool:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He needs to start!
Everything changed when he came on.
Had he been on for longer, i would've given him MotM.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He changed the game when he came on for that hairy lamppost.

Fully expect him to start vs the Scousers. He's got the winning mentality running through his veins. Surely he's a bit tubby but he's easily the most influential midfielder we have at the club, should be captain if he stays fit, in my opinion.
:lol:

Glad Steiger is back. He just adds a certain drive and class to our team.

the hea

He was very good when he came on and changed the game for us today, hopefully we will see him starting ahead of Fellaini for the reminder of the season.

One thing I will never understand is why he wasn't made captain last summer, he is the only real leader in our squad and I think a big problem this season has been the lack of players with a similar mentality in our squad.

Hed Zitin

He's physical, can tackle and has good range of passing. Nice to see a player that has all of those qualities. Sorely lacking everywhere else.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks overweight, Runs around like a bulldozer, doesn't bother tracking his man, makes a couple decent passes...Bastian fecking Schweinstegier. :drool:
He's proper grey too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Have a look at the general set of comments.

Maybe give those glasses a quick shine?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Was interesting seeing him come into that more attacking midfield role today. Is that the first time he's played there since joining us? Normally he's one of the deeper midfielders, but he was quite good pushed up in a more attacking role today.
Yeah, him + Herrera with Carrick behind was better than him + anyone with one in front.

Lawman

A fat Bastian is better than all our midfielders unbelievable but true!

Shark

@NotShark
Was interesting seeing him come into that more attacking midfield role today. Is that the first time he's played there since joining us? Normally he's one of the deeper midfielders, but he was quite good pushed up in a more attacking role today.
Think that's been half the problem. You can only play so many defence splitting passes in a game when you're being told to play so deep.

DWelbz19

He isn't good enough to be a starter next season. 'Club captain' or whatever, sure.

Acole9

Outstanding
With the lack of experience we have in the squad now he is so important to us. I thought he was good when he came on, really got stuck in.

arthurka

Just so much quality comes with him. . Anyone who doesn't see that needs to have a trip to Specsavers and pick up a two for one deal asap.

Sylar

Real leader for us. He dictates tempo and play for us and did so earlier in the season. I still see no problem with going back to him and Carrick swapping for each other whilst we have Herrera and Morgan playing ahead of one of them. It really should be what we need to do for every game until the end of the season (and what we all thought / wanted when the season started).

Silverman

Top player and should start every game when fit. Will be needed for the replay.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

He was good in the minutes he played, he was always showing for the ball and most importantly he understood it was up to him to lead the youngsters on the pitch. It's also understandable why the most of our fans where delighted with his performance, they saw in him the character and the personality we severely lack nowadays on the pitch.

But i'm afraid this advanced role in the midfield won't work for us in the long term. Bastian, right now, is a rather 'heavy' footballer whose feet don't allow him to run up down the pitch and cover all the right spaces quickly enough. It's ok to try him in that role for a few minutes when we're chasing a goal and the opponent has dropped deep but under different circumstances it's a choice that will create more problems than the ones it will solve.

I'm saying this because LvG is constantly reshuffling the deck with the hope he will stumble across a working formula again. And i think that the right place for Bastian at his age is in front of the back four and not in the final third.

Bwuk

Martial and Shaw are miles better than him.
Shaw?

Shaw played a handful of games for us this season before injury, and whilst he looked good, he couldn't get into the side last year. I'm a massive fan of his but Schweinstegier when fit is on a different level to him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Shaw?

Shaw played a handful of games for us this season before injury, and whilst he looked good, he couldn't get into the side last year. I'm a massive fan of his but Schweinstegier when fit is on a different level to him.
He played just about every game he was fit for last season. Schweinsteiger has been largely poor for us, some 15 minute cameo doesn't change that. He is on a completely different level to Shaw, easily a few levels down.

Bwuk

He played just about every game he was fit for last season. Schweinsteiger has been largely poor for us, some 15 minute cameo doesn't change that. He is on a completely different level to Shaw, easily a few levels down.
He played 16 games in the league for us last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.