Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Anyone got any photos of him looking supposedly overweight? I didn't notice it at all when he came on, but maybe my love for him is unconditional.

clarkydaz

Anyone got any photos of him looking supposedly overweight? I didn't notice it at all when he came on, but maybe my love for him is unconditional.
to be honest the first time I saw him at OT I was shocked how big he was. his shorts are like a skirt

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
I thought he looked big at the start of the season but he's not been that large the past few weeks has he?

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Can't see or embed tweets at work but this made me laugh from Paddy Power:

'Mesut Ozil and Bastian Schweinsteiger both missed Germany training today. Ozil is carrying a knock while Schweinsteiger was at the bakery.' :lol::(

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
To every idiot who calls him fat, here's some nice stats for you.
Just want to point out that people have different body types, and therefor some look a bit more tubby than others.

Bastian (or Bastien, that some of our fans like to call him, for some weird reason), has been our second fastest player this year, only beaten by Martial.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/sa...anchester-uniteds-second-fastest-player/70922

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/marcus-rashford-fast-three-manchester-141531182.html

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's been our 2nd fastest player in the PL this season? :eek:

Basti :drool:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
“Bastian Schweinsteiger has injured his medial collateral ligament, and is unavailable for both England and Italy,” he told reporters.

FC Ronaldo

If it's a first degree sprain of the MCL he's out for a month.

If it's a second degree sprain he's out for 2 or more.

FC Ronaldo

So more or less his season over?
Hopefully not. It depends on how his body reacts to treatments and being under the immediate supervision of medical professionals gives him a greater chance of a quicker recovery than the rest of us would have. He'd be having regular ice packs, hydrogen bath treatments and all that stuff.

Blackwidow

The reporter in Munich tells that it is a partial rupture of his medial collateral ligament again (doctor diagnosis)

He had the same in January, or? Same knee, too.

The information before was from Löw from the press conference - without knowing what the doctor said (Bastian flew from Berlin to Munich to the Doc this morning)

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
He should just call it a day at this point, its getting sad and its hurting his legacy. I said that it was a mistake when he joined United and it really shows. The guy who drove Bayerns midfield in arguably the most successfull time in the clubs history will now be remembered in England for being unfit and always injured. He should've stayed in Munich or just went straight for that American paycheck.

Devil81

He should just call it a day at this point, its getting sad and its hurting his legacy. I said that it was a mistake when he joined United and it really shows. The guy who drove Bayerns midfield in arguably the most successfull time in the clubs history will now be remembered in England for being unfit and always injured. He should've stayed in Munich or just went straight for that American paycheck.
I actually agree in part, I don't think he needs to retire. He just needs to go to a less demanding league, China or the U.S would be perfect for him at this stage of his career. He's certainly not got a future at United beyond this season, in my opinion.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Massive disappointment yeah. I wasn't expecting him to change our team, but at least be fit and contribute more than he has done. Now he's out for the rest of the season I can't really see a bright future next season onwards for him here.

Vilev

Looks like he is injured again with Germany.
I said so before his transfer, unfortunately Schweinsteiger is finished as a top player, due to his previous level, ability and experience he can still be very much useful, but not in a Prem and certainly not as a starter if we want to be a top club again, not a top-4 hopefuls.
When was the last time the guy was properly fit over the course of the whole season? Two years ago he had 23 league games, 20 last year, this season he is on 18, maybe he'll add a 3-4 more, but that's appearances, even with he subs it's not looking good.

Why he well have cloaked more than 34kph, the real problem is that he looks totally knackered after 25-30 minutes. He came on against City at 70', did a lot of running, but in added time you could see that his legs were gone already.
The other thing of course is that he is suited to play with any of our midfield. He can't be deployed as a deep lying DM, he has limited defensive skills, he can no longer be a box-to-box we need. His attacking skills are on the decline, Bastian used to score like 5-7 goals at lest, he now has only one, a corner one against Leicester. So no goals from "open play". No assists either and just 7 created chances or "key passes" as some stat sites call them. That's beyond dreadful.

I think it's better to retain Carrick, because he can be proper deep lying DM, he understands defensive side of things much better, he can even cover a CB. And then get a proper CB for LCB role and built our midfield with a focus on Ander and Blind. I don;t know if they would be good enough, but at least they the type of players you can built a dynamic midfield around. And Schweinsteiger is not anymore.

Devil may care

Not a huge surprise, having him and Carrick taking up 2 midfield squad positions next season is crazy IMO.

Dobbs

It'd be interesting to know how many weeks he's actually spent in Manchester.

I wouldn't sell in the summer but I also wouldn't let his presence shape who we do or don't sign. We need another midfielder, if Schweinsteiger is fit then it's a bonus.

Shark

@NotShark
Surely the end of his United career? he was definitely worth the punt, but unfortunately it didn't pay off. Bayern aren't idiots, if he was naywhere near his best they wouldn't have sold him.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Surely the end of his United career? he was definitely worth the punt, but unfortunately it didn't pay off. Bayern aren't idiots, if he was naywhere near his best they wouldn't have sold him.
Why would it be the end?

Hostekule

According to whoscored he got 1660 mins played in all competetions this season. That's 18 full games. Sad.

settembrini

His fitness problems were the main reason why I didn't think it was a good signing in the summer.

I remember being amazed that there were posters who refused to concede this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.