6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dellboyy

I don't know how he's being slagged off this much in this thread. Fair enough he looks injury prone, and if he can't get fit he'd have to go for that reason. But if he can stay fit, he's shown enough glimpses of what he can do for me. His experience could be important with all the youngsters about the place.

Brophs

The One and Only
Wonder if he pulled her hair during sex masochism. He has, after all, firmly bought into the process.

kundalini

I wonder if he has played his last match for United. If LVG is in charge next season, I imagine captain Rooney will be playing in midfield, leaving less room for Schweinsteiger. If Mourinho arrives, he might want more energy in midfield. Either way, Schweinsteiger doesn't look like a regular starter for us next season unless Rooney and Carrick both depart. Would he be happy to be a squad player ?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Still in doubt if he makes the tournament though. If he's fit enough to train, Löw will bring him along and similarly to the World Cup slowly fit him into the team. Maybe a game as a sub in the group stages and then a start in the first or second knockout round depending on the opponent with the hope that he can give us 1 or 2 excellent performances in the semifinal/final if we make it so far.

Bwuk

Still in doubt if he makes the tournament though. If he's fit enough to train, Löw will bring him along and similarly to the World Cup slowly fit him into the team. Maybe a game as a sub in the group stages and then a start in the first or second knockout round depending on the opponent with the hope that he can give us 1 or 2 excellent performances in the semifinal/final if we make it so far.
He'd be a huge boost just having around I'd have from a captaincy point of view. Excellent leader is Schweinsteiger.

Brophs

The One and Only
That's a marked improvement on the last time we saw him.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Cannot believe he is going to the Euros.

- If he plays -

So exciting to see him in a squad that might be able to play exciting football again

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Now, what are your thoughts on him next season at United? I'd love it (Keegan style) if he nailed down a place in the first XI as I think he's a brilliant player. He just need to get fit. And by fit I don't mean just "not injured", I mean really FIT, like he used to be, not huffing around sweating like a pig like this season.

How hard can that be, really? Losing pace is one thing, it happens, maintaining stamina though should not be a problem.

Ole90+3

Sell him.

Fat and pointless.
If he's able to rain and be a presence in the dressing room, then he is certainly worth keeping.

Imagine being a young lad and sitting in the same dressing room as Schweinsteiger and Rooney. For those who don't get completely intimidated, it would make you feel the need to raise your game and step up.

He's also a natural leader. Something we are desperately missing.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I absolutely love Schweinsteiger. One of the best midfielders of his generation.

But it's looking more and more likely that Bayern sold us a crock.
31 appearances though and his injury was something that could have been avoided. We've seen Memphis struggle with the pace, so hopefully he comes back alright and if he looks after himself he could have a few more years in him. He just needs to get up to speed and intensity and not be reckless with challenges. Leave that side of things to others.

Ole90+3

31 appearances though and his injury was something that could have been avoided. We've seen Memphis struggle with the pace, so hopefully he comes back alright and if he looks after himself he could have a few more years in him. He just needs to get up to speed and intensity and not be reckless with challenges. Leave that side of things to others.
I didn't realise he had that many appearance. It must have been his near non-existent 2nd half of the season which has clouded my memory. Would love for him to stay fit next season. He can still contribute.

Raw

If he can do what Shaw did and get fit over the summer, I'd keep him. He looked pretty good for us when he played, he controlled and lead the midfield well which is more than I can say about Schneiderlin.

I mean he's 'only' 31. I'd say he's got a good 2 or 3 years left in him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, but Schweinsteiger looks like that in any midfield under any manager. I don't think Carrick is particularly great any more but binning him before Schweinsteiger makes little sense to me.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If he's able to rain and be a presence in the dressing room, then he is certainly worth keeping.

Imagine being a young lad and sitting in the same dressing room as Schweinsteiger and Rooney. For those who don't get completely intimidated, it would make you feel the need to raise your game and step up.

He's also a natural leader. Something we are desperately missing.
Bah. The natural leader bollocks. I didn't see any of his mythical leadership this season despite people going on and on about it. He strolls around the pitch doing sweet feck all. Waste of time and money.

Get rid of him and sign a proper CM who can run without panting.

DWelbz19

Forgot we had him. Hopefully Mourinho bins him.

DWelbz19

God I hope not. One of the great things Mourinho tends to do is have a team of athletes. I hope he isn't after Fat Basti's finger pointing.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol: No, he will be a key player alongside Schneiderlin in midfield. Watch this space
Jesus. That's a nightmare of a a midfield.

Hopefully Jose bins the pair of them and signs some proper CM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.