Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ah feck off. I personally have enjoyed watching him whenever he's played and he's brought a lot to the table, and I could only see his influence increasing. Against West Ham he came on and really made the difference. Such a shame he's so injury prone. At his age, given the work he has always put in, it could be very hard to reach a good level. Hopefully he does though, and makes a big difference next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He can just stay at Munich now. Really praying Mourinho shows real balls and bins him and Rooney.

amolbhatia50k

He can just stay at Munich now. Really praying Mourinho shows real balls and bins him and Rooney.
Mourinho dropped Terry, and even Ronaldo for a game as punishment, which I find impressive in this regard.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mourinho dropped Terry, and even Ronaldo for a game as punishment, which I find impressive in this regard.
Something similar with Casillas too, no? I don't know though, Rooney is a whole different ballgame. We all expected van Gaal with his physical balls to do something and all he did was make him undroppable when fit.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Thought he has been mostly good when he played. Don't understand the criticism he endures here. Would have him at half form over useless Fellaini any day.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Thought he has been mostly good when he played. Don't understand the criticism he endures here. Would have him at half form over useless Fellaini any day.
Sorry but I see it the other way round. I cannot understand why Fellaini gets criticised every time and Schweinsteiger is defended by some.
Fellaini will never reach Schweinsteiger`s class when he was in his prime but he clearly has done more for us so far.

peridigm

Probably going to mark the beginning of the end for him at United and elsewhere. At 31 these injuries will be harder and harder to bounce back from, especially knee injuries.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
He's been such a dissapointment for us
you get what you bought: an old man beyond his best years, which was was obvious for people who watch the bundesliga. he get himself pulled out the rest of his body in the wc but that was it.
i can hear the laughing in munich from here. while united was glad to buying schweinsteiger, bayern bought the young kimmich, which was an excelent transfer.
yeah schweinsteiger was cheap in the first place, but was costs his anuity contract per year?
woodward seems to be a genius...

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Sorry but I see it the other way round. I cannot understand why Fellaini gets criticised every time and Schweinsteiger is defended by some.
Fellaini will never reach Schweinsteiger`s class when he was in his prime but he clearly has done more for us so far.
I beg to differ. Watching Fellaini in a United kit makes me incredibly sad. Its a conversation for another thread, but Schweinsteiger has shown leadership and the ability to pass more than 5 yards.

Zoo

you get what you bought: an old man beyond his best years, which was was obvious for people who watch the bundesliga. he get himself pulled out the rest of his body in the wc but that was it.
i can hear the laughing in munich from here. while united was glad to buying schweinsteiger, bayern bought the young kimmich, which was an excelent transfer.
yeah schweinsteiger was cheap in the first place, but was costs his anuity contract per year?
woodward seems to be a genius...
Van Gaal said he had to convince the board to sanction this transfer as they had doubts. Woodward simply backed his manager but it hasn't worked out so far which is a shame.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Ah feck off. I personally have enjoyed watching him whenever he's played and he's brought a lot to the table, and I could only see his influence increasing. Against West Ham he came on and really made the difference. Such a shame he's so injury prone. At his age, given the work he has always put in, it could be very hard to reach a good level. Hopefully he does though, and makes a big difference next season.
Agree with this he had a run of games where he looked good, injuries ruined his season. If Carrick is going he should be kept around for his experience.

amolbhatia50k

Something similar with Casillas too, no? I don't know though, Rooney is a whole different ballgame. We all expected van Gaal with his physical balls to do something and all he did was make him undroppable when fit.
Sometimes I wonder if Rooney has something written in his contract or an understanding with the owners/directors because I've never seen a player play as badly as he has and still be given such a special status.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ridiculous that he hasn't retired from international duty. Lahm who has a much better injury record, saw it wise to retire.
I think it is more ridiculous that he got called up when he is nowhere good enough nor fit enough. Sometimes manager need to make the tough choice of leaving of finished players.

Morpheus 7

Such a blow in my opinion,a player that offers real leadership in a team lacking in them.We could have done with Bastian at this pivotal time in the season. I hate saying it because I like Schweinsteiger but it feels we are getting the tail end of his career.One filled with injuries and decline. This knee injury is a right curse with him,you know it's bad when it follows from one club to us.
I hope next year he's used more strategic and recovery isn't rushed this time.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I think it is more ridiculous that he got called up when he is nowhere good enough nor fit enough. Sometimes manager need to make the tough choice of leaving of finished players.
Tbf, you are talking about a manager who still continues to pick Podolski.

m1y2

shame for him, we will get over it with ease. Now we really should be looking forward to replace Carrick/Sweiny

clarkydaz

getting to that point where he will be looking himself in the mirror. As dismissive people are writing him off with this news, ive witnessed the difference many times this year when he is on the pitch and not

Irrational.

Out for the season according to LVG. What a hugely disappointing first season. When he's not been injured, he's been overweight and huffing and puffing, barely managing 60 minutes. Was hoping for much more from our World Cup winner.

Hope for a drastic improvement next season, but I won't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.