6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottosec

One of our better performers this last month, but I imagine his popularity with the fans also gave him a vote or two. Nothing wrong with that!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
This past month has included his worst performances for the club, a couple where he was completely awful. He only won it because of his name and he scored a goal despite being crap for the rest of the match. There were easily more deserving players.

Man Utd 0:0 West Ham

Devil may care

Not sure why he came off, he was trying to force the play, trying to press up and help the forwards. I guess maybe LvG feels he doesn't have the legs to sustain that for 90 minutes, especially with the Wolfsburg game so close.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Should've scored his chance. Or at least got it on target.

Oo0AahCantona

We need another top class CM in the summer. He's still a class act, but he looks knackered halfway through games a lot of the time, we should be looking to get as much value out of him as possible and thats not running him into the ground playing 2+ games a week.

Sylar

When we were swapping him and Carrick early in the season I thought it was working. problem is injuries are not helping us in terms of that.

We tend to lose control of the game when he comes off, so thankfully that didnt happen today.

m1y2

hive said it in another thread its times when he feels like hes in his late thirties coming out of retirement, hes good for us but his fittness and mobility is a real concern if we want to make a progress..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looked tired as the game wore on. All our cover is injured so it sucks but he has to play every game pretty much as we fall apart without him usually.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was playing well, few stray passes here and there but nothing terribly bad.

We do need another younger CM though that can dictate play, if he doesn't believe in Herrera doing that job of course.

ZDwyr

I thought he was pretty average to be honest. His passing in particular was a bit off.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Today was his first match I saw live. To his credit he is excellent when we don't have possession, in positioning, pressing, tackling, nicking the ball, and breaking up play. Once we have the ball however, he's a disaster. Nearly always negative, even if he sees someone breaking in front he simply won't pass to him, choosing to turn to look for someone level or behind to pass to instead. It's no wonder there's not much movement in front of him, there's not a lot of point in making a run. On the ball he's taken the 'give it and go' mantra to a new level, now to be known as 'give it and stop'. Quite a few in this thread say he's an attacking midfielder, so I have to ask, does he ever take anyone on? does he ever run into space in front of the ball to receive a forward pass? is he a goal threat? No, times three. I can't see any role for Schwein except as a holding midfielder, and I admit I don't know if he can actually do that, but if he can't, then he's not first eleven for me.

Last edited:

Trizy

Apart from some of his passes in the final third I thought he was good, although still think he's wasted playing him so deep.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Today was his first match I saw live. To his credit he is excellent when we don't have possession, in positioning, pressing, tackling, nicking the ball, and breaking up play. Once we have the ball however, he's a disaster. Nearly always negative, even if he sees someone breaking in front he simply won't pass to him, choosing to turn to look for someone level or behind to pass to instead. It's no wonder there's not much movement in front of him, there's not a lot of point in making a run. On the ball he's taken the 'give it and go' mantra to a new level, now to be known as 'give it and stop'. Quite a few in this thread say he's an attacking midfielder, so I have to ask, does he ever take anyone on? does he ever run into space in front of the ball to receive a forward pass? is he a goal threat? No, times three. I can't see any role for Schwein except as a holding midfielder, and I admit I don't know if he can actually do that, but if he can't, then he's not first eleven for me.
I said this last week. He's one of the main reasons our play is so slow. He takes too long on the ball and rarely takes a risk.

clarkydaz

I said this last week. He's one of the main reasons our play is so slow. He takes too long on the ball and rarely takes a risk.
we play with 2 holding midfielders. Barely taking a risk is the theme throughout the team. Maybe, just maybe he is playing exactly how the manager wants him to

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
we are flying when he isnt playing....

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
They're calling it violent conduct. There was absolutely nothing to it. The West Ham player's dived holding his face when the contact was with his upper chest and with the forearm, not with the elbow. Of course the FA charge him; it's the FA.

khoazany

Players are dropping like flies.Wouldn't be surprised if someone get injured during warm-up tomorrow.

ZDwyr

Thought he should have gotten a card. It was a bit reckless to swing your elbow like that. Don't think there was enough in it to get a ban though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Blind is offering a lot more pass-wise in defence than Schweinsteiger is. Mata and Martial look on point today, so he should be trying to regularly feed them with dangerous passes.

The Red Thinker

He has been absolutely Shit today. Just let wolfsburg through to our defence. Barely makes a forward pass. Pathetic so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.