Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Glad to hear it as I missed most of the match. If Carrick is injured, do you think he looked good enough to make the squad for the Cup final?
I want to say yes but you've got to factor in that this game essentially became a testimonial from the moment we scored.

Rossa

I'll likely get shot down for this but I personally think he's still a better player than both Fellaini (obviously) and Carrick and should be getting a lot more minutes for us than he currently is.
How on earth will you get shot for saying he's better than Fellaini? That's like saying "I'll get shot for this, but I don't think Gengis Khan was very nice." Him vs Carrick is more arguable, but both are pretty good. Carrick looks more mobile and arguably the better passer of the two.

Handré1990

I'll likely get shot down for this but I personally think he's still a better player than both Fellaini (obviously) and Carrick and should be getting a lot more minutes for us than he currently is.
Hah! Maybe with Carrick, but I'd wager you're in the majority here wrt Fellaini. Myself included.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I want to say yes but you've got to factor in that this game essentially became a testimonial from the moment we scored.
That's true.
I mean obviously not to start, but just be an option from the bench.

Dobbs

I'll shoot down whoever shoots you down.

He's clearly a better player.

Kag

How on earth will you get shot for saying he's better than Fellaini? That's like saying "I'll get shot for this, but I don't think Gengis Khan was very nice." Him vs Carrick is more arguable, but both are pretty good. Carrick looks more mobile and arguably the better passer of the two.
Well, yeah, I'm not even sure why I mentioned Fellaini. I suppose Carrick is the contentious one, primarily because of how his stock has risen with age. On the ball, I think Schweinsteiger is still that bit more classy, proactive and nimble in a tight spot.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Basti playing only with his left and with a blindfold is a comfortably better footballer then Fellaini.
As for Carrick, think they are close now maybe Carrick edges it as is much better defensively, specially for our team where we need that protection behind Pogba and Herrera in most games.
As it was said many times here, best possible solution is to rotate the two but unfortunately so far it didnt happen :(

Ixion

Felt surreal for a moment when he, Pogba and Ibrahimovic were passing it between themselves near the corner/sideline. What a group of players.

kiristao

He looked much better in a 10 man side than Carrick did in a 11 man side tonight.. the guy just oozes class. Such composure on the ball and always looks for a forward pass..

Devil may care

Locked it down when he came on, should be ahead of the tree in the pecking order, hopefully we use him on Sunday.

MadMike

I think it's the fact that he doesn't see him here long term, combined with the fact he has no resale value.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that he's playing Fellaini more to help keep some of his value (in case of sale) and maybe give him a chance to get into the Belgium squad for the WC. Also Fellaini does whatever Mou asks of him so he's kinda like a teacher's pet and game time is his reward. On the other hand, he told Basti he doesn't need him and the latter decided to sit on his contract (his right, ofc) which is substantial on our wage bill, so there's a bit of sour grapes maybe from Mou about that.

Now the above is complete conjecture, but we can see it's not for footballing reasons. Quality wise there's a pretty big gulf in class and Mou is not an idiot, he can obviously see it.

Devil81

Great little cameo, clearly in good enough shape to contribute something to this push. God knows why he hasn't been used more during this busy period, seems madness.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Did everything asked of him ... and then some. Very good option for us to have on the bench. As several here have said, the man is a class act; a true professional and prepared to give everything for the team! And another great example for our younger players.

Jaxa

How Fellaini is picked ahead of BFS is astonishing and criminal by Mourinho, even in his small cameo he looked much better and he actually has a top quality football brain, something Fellaini doesn't, I just feel were making thing's harder for ourselves when we don't need to

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Looked good tonight. Would like to see him more often against poor opposition.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I somehow get the feeling Mourinho don't want LVG to be right about some players like TFM and Basti and therefor refuse to play them, all just to belittle the legacy.

It's also interesting to see Basti grab a 7,5 rating from the caf in 4 games while Ibra is a couple of steps behind with his 6,2 rating and 36(?) app. and a fair share of goals. Statistics!

It's also interesting to see Basti grab a 7,5 rating from the caf in 4 games while Ibra is a couple of steps behind with his 6,2 rating and 36(?) app. and a fair share of goals. Statistics!
How many minutes does a player have to play in order to be eligible for ratings @Successful? Before tonight Schweinsteiger has only had one match (his start v. Wigan) in which posters could rate him.

Sylar

We should defo use him more to rotate with Carrick. Its good to see him more mobile and ready to be used going into this crunch period for United. Its worked out well for us. Credit to him for his professionalism after being challenged by Jose.

Also I think Jose was right to do what hes done (tell him the truth, let him work hard, and see that hes worked hard so reward him). Could have gone any number of ways, but the way it went is a benefit to United.

ti vu

Looks fitter every time he played now. Get sharper as the game grew. If he can keep up with the improvement, that would help a lot for us.

I'll never understand how Fellaini starts ahead of Bastian
Carrick + Bastian, may be too soft. Fellaini is a bit more aggressive to help out Carrick. Fellaini is definitely a better presence in defending set piece than both Carrick & Bastian too.

El Zoido

He's still really capable, an excellent footballer. Hopefully he can work his way back into the side, with the fixtures we have coming up it would be a massive boost to have him available.

AndyJ1985

Looks fitter every time he played now. Get sharper as the game grew. If he can keep up with the improvement, that would help a lot for us.

Carrick + Bastian, may be too soft. Fellaini is a bit more aggressive to help out Carrick. Fellaini is definitely a better presence in defending set piece than both Carrick & Bastian too.
Fellaini is a big clumsy oaf. We need aggression with actual football ability attached to it, not a towering bruiser whose technical ability is comparable to a pile of dog shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.