6.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

With Pogba and Fellaini suspended and Carrick injured surely he's going to play on Wednesday?

tomaldinho1

With Pogba and Fellaini suspended and Carrick injured surely he's going to play on Wednesday?
I reckon he'll be awesome if he plays. West Ham were there for the taking and need someone with his quality on the ball to make up for Pog being out

Robertd0803

Besides that farewell game for Germany, when was the last time he actually played?

GBBQ

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Sky sources reporting he will play tonight, whether that's from the bench or starting. Hope he does well, such a good professional while all this crap is going on with him been neglected!

Zoo

Shoukd we believe sky sources? If they are as good or the same as their transfer sources, he wont feature then
Andy Burton seems quite close with Mourinho so I'd say yes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"feature" could still mean be on the bench, with the idea of getting 15 mins or so.

I am not particularly bothered anyway, he was average last year and will be the same this time.

Great news, get him in tonight at DM and let him and Carrick share the job.

Desperate for a top performance from him there tonight as he'll solve so many of the Carrick sized problems we have when Carrick doesn't play.

clarkydaz

No he's not, his first line is
if he couldn't be bothered making an effort he wouldn't be getting in shape in training, or allowed near the first team

His attitude and performance has impressed senior figures at the club, so with Paul Pogba and Maroaune Fellaini suspended on Wednesday night, the German could be given the opportunity to start the game.
one last challenge would be something after united, the guy is suggesting he wont be doing anything after united

Schweinsteiger said earlier this year United would be his last club in Europe, raising the prospect of a move to Major League Soccer.

But Hoeness said: "From what I have heard, Basti's on his way out of football. I know him well and I doubt he's still got the fire left in him for one final major challenge.

"After such a brilliant career, a player like him shouldn't see out his career in a place like America. For me, America simply isn't an alternative for a player of his calibre.

GBBQ

if he couldn't be bothered making an effort he wouldn't be getting in shape in training, or allowed near the first team

one last challenge would be something after united, the guy is suggesting he wont be doing anything after united
Again I am talking purely about what Hoeness said, not about BFS's intentions. His defense of BFS says that he doubts BFS has the fire for a major challenge which is pretty damning for a 32 year old. He's only slightly older than Rooney, Young and Valencia and I would be shocked if any of them packed it in next year. Not to mention the likes of Zlatan and Carrick going strong at 35. He's clearly lost motivation since leaving Bayern and that was evident in how he was last year if stories are to be believed.

Its one thing if Mourinho questioned his fire but the guy who is talking him up questions it too.

Walters_19_MuFc

Desperate to see him in 'the Carrick role' tonight. He has the ability to control games. His positional and tactical awareness isn't as good as Carricks, though.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He'll score at least one important goal this season. Maybe tonight.
He's got a huge reserve of football intelligence and will put it to good use if and when selected but obviously needs to be used sparingly and the opposition needs to be carefully considered.

ti vu

Plus he's considerably less mobile. An element of Carrick's game he doesn't get enough credit for IMO.
Not entirely true. Bastian is now immobile due to playing while being out of shape, but he was indistinguishably more mobile than Carrick in the past. Tougher tackling, and better pressing. @Walters_19_MuFc playing him in sole lying deep play maker aka Carrick role of course Bastian would be much accomplished player since he's never suited for that role thus positional and tactical awareness is worse. He is more suited to a double pivot CM system. He does dropped deep and doing quite a shift of defensive work, but never a Carrik's type of player. Bastian in shape theoretically was Mourinho's preferred choice than Carrick, seeing how Herrera is preferred and playing similar way to Bastian used to play: Drop deep to pick up the ball regular but not his sole duty to pick up the ball there like Carrick especially under SAF did. Allowed to join the attack quite often for a more defensive role. Allowed to abandon the position to press up field. Make movement and abandon position to play out of tight play occasionally. Encouraged to make tactical foul further up field than just trying a more damage controlling by screen the defense when the midfield got breached.

Last edited:

Kant-ona

If Schweinsteiger plays tonight and is not messi-esque, we will read here for the next twenty years that he is sh**, never wanted to be at OT, only came for the money, is not focussed because of his wife, etc.

We signed this player in the winter of his career. (Yeah, I know, he is not that old. But still... he looked old in his last season at Munich.) What did some of us expect

When he was fit, he was fine imo. Not extraordinary. Not a guaranteed starter. But fine. Bit slow, but with a lot of experience. Not a goal machine, but a pacemaker. Unfortunately, he hardly was able to play for us. And I am not speaking about his two extra kilogramms, but that he was injuried again and again. Not fully fit. Etc. That was bad luck. A fully fit Schweinsteiger would have helped us. Not the way Messi would help us - but like a player in the winter of his career can help the team.

What I don't understand is this "lack of attitude" stuff. When on pitch, he always tried to do something imo. Off the pitch it was stupid to travel that much - stupid when it comes to PR and the horrible english newspapers. But lack of attitude? When Boateng was injuried at Munich he travelled to Africa with his family the next day. And I totally understand it. You can train and receover everywhere.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looks trimmer but he's blowing out his arse after about 6 minutes :lol:

MounchesterUtd

Loving those cheers. He'll remember this for the rest of his life. United match going fans really are on another level.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
There's some people questioning his reception in the match day thread.

Some people just don't get football.
The difference between your average miserable internet forum poster and your average match day fan.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Shop window? Or still a role to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.