Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the notion of players giving back money because their coach has discarded them is naive on an absurd level, I also find it extremely hypocritical, as was already pointed out with the caf at work example.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He wants to play football for Manchester United, per the terms of his contract. He might play in the Chinese league or MLS or wherever if he has the right incentive (obviously $$$) and United would have to compensate I would presume for whatever someone else isn't paying up (due to again, the contract the club and the player signed).

Re the part in bold: Again, why in his right mind would he want to do that? I doubt anyone posting on the Caf while at work wouldn't go back to their boss and say "boss, i've been posting on the caf while at work, so please pay me x amount less as my productivity has reduced?

Why should he willingly accept reduced wages and hamper his livelihood when he doesn't have to?
Better players then him took a wage reduction to keep on playing (ex Roberto Baggio). Its called pride.

There again, Baggio took a salary reduction at a time when he was still able to play football at the highest level. Bastian's legs are gone. Why should he make himself look silly when United are obliged to finance his retirement?

devilish

I think the notion of players giving back money because their coach has discarded them is naive on an absurd level.
I am not expecting anything from Bastian. We were suckers for offering that contract and we deserve to pay the price.

However lets stop with this 'he wants to play with us' nonsense. He never showed that off and on the pitch.

Oh wait he did posted some tweets showing support and he smiled when playing against West ham. Feck he's the new Gary Neville then.

devilish

Rooney & Young should both be doing the same too really but come on, who does that?

I do think all 3 (Rooney, Young, Bastian) would accept lower wages on an extension if they were still involved in the squad.
A player will get involved in the squad if he's good enough. If he's not, he won't. However if a player suggest a salary reduction then its clear that his heart is in the right place.

PS I think Young had already accepted a salary reduction.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I am not expecting anything from Bastian. We were suckers for offering that contract and we deserve to pay the price.

However lets stop with this 'he wants to play with us' nonsense. He never showed that off and on the pitch.

Oh wait he did posted some tweets showing support and he smiled when playing against West ham. Feck he's the new Gary Neville then.

I think he quite obviously has something holding him at United and it must be something more than money, because I'm sure some Chinese or MLS club would still pay him a good salary and United would be inclined to pay the difference to get him off the books. Only he himself knows what the true reasons are though.

I think he's finished as a player and he knows that very well. Instead of making himself look as a fool as Steve G did in the MLS, he's better off in Manchester with us giving him his last paycheck.
Definitely a possibility @devilish but only the man himself knows this.

Also if he wanted to renegotiate his contract then the club would have certainly listened to that suggestion and make sure that his agent would have spilled it in the media.
I think this is a bit pie in the sky, it'd be like expecting Rooney to do the same thing now.

If you're on £180k /week and were suddenly frozen out by a new manager but had no intention of playing anywhere else, would you suddenly say "I'll take less money".

I don't think Schweinsteiger being left out has anything to do with money and I don't believe he thinks that either. If the manager said to him "I want rid of you because I want to free up your large wages but if you renegotiate with the club I'll play you more" it'd be bizarre but something worth considering for the player.

Last edited:

devilish

I think he quite obviously has something holding him at United and it must be something more than money, because I'm sure some Chinese or MLS club would still pay him a good salary and United would be inclined to pay the difference to get him off the books. Only he himself knows what the true reasons are though.
If i was him ill do the same. While make myself look silly at the other side of the world when i can live relaxed while sucking money from lets say real?

RikRuud

Just play him Jose. Carrick needs a rest and the team suffers a little when we play Herrera further back. Play him he's still a class act.

RikRuud

If he doesn't get 45 versus Wigan then he'll never start a game for us again.
I agree. The frustrating thing is he may have a real impact and lift the team out of this lathargic form we find ourselves in. It's maddening, he's Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger not Tom Cleverley. His loyalty and professionalism should be rewarded with a chance.

devilish

Definitely a possibility @devilish but only the man himself knows this.

I think this is a bit pie in the sky, it'd be like expecting Rooney to do the same thing now.

If you're on £180k /week and were suddenly frozen out by a new manager but had no intention of playing anywhere else, would you suddenly say "I'll take less money".

I don't think Schweinsteiger being left out has anything to do with money and I don't believe his believes that either.
Im expecting nothing really. Players are employees and most employees at nearly pensionable age would do the same. Also this he can go to china is silly. First of all the chinese seem interested in players who can play football. Secondly why should he uproot his family when hes got a good thing going here

I don't blame him of anything really. We were the suckers and we deserve it. However lets not make him look as committed. He never showed that on the pitch

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Dont think he will play in his best position so therefor he will probably be poor/average :(

Devil may care

Father time and the tree is an........interesting midfield combo, I hope Wigan don't press.

SoCross

Partnering Fellaini or Rooney in central midfield...not ideal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Here's hoping he doesn't embarass himself too much. It's only Wigan, and that.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
It's only Wigan, I can't imagine that being too big a problem.
wycombe gave spurs run for their money, wolves beat pool....magic of the cup and all that crap. Wigan will be up for it, specially with Joyce being there and if we go into the game with the mentality "its only Wigan" it could get tricky even though it really is just fecking Wigan.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
wycombe gave spurs run for their money, wolves beat pool....magic of the cup and all that crap. Wigan will be up for it, specially with Joyce being there and if we go into the game with the mentality "its only Wigan" it could get tricky even though it really is just fecking Wigan.
Yeah that's true, I personally think it'll be quite comfortable but I'm expecting to be proved wrong.

Truedevil

Big opportunity for him to claim a place in Mourinho's plans for this season.

3KDré

He will be exhausted by the 60th minute, I predict. Hopefully Blind can step in if that happens to be the case.

Kant-ona

I want to see him the full 90 minutes because I am interested how fit he looks after a full match.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Good to see Bastian starting. Hopefully he puts in a solid performance and impresses Mourinho.

3KDré

He hasn't played properly in coming on a year now. Weird to use that as a stick to beat him with.
I didn't say it was a bad thing? I was just making a prediction. I wasn't trying to insult him or whatever just pointing out what I think will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.