6.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffBoomTetris

I hope Bastian can impress in this game so that he can be used in rotation with Carrick for the remainder of this season.

Carrick is only capable, at best, of playing 1 game per week. Fellaini can be a liability if he isn't performing Mourinho's instructions clearly. And Schneiderlin doesn't want to fight for his place anymore and wants regular minutes. This is a good opportunity for Schweinsteiger to get himself back in contention.

Bwuk

Hopefully if he's playing we will still play our three man midfield and he sits deepest.

If he can show he can play well in that position he has to be an option to rotate with Carrick there.

sugar_kane

Still don't understand Jose's initial attitude towards Bastian. Hope everything has changed and Schweinsteiger will be one of our best players till the end of the season.
He was completely out of shape and had pissed off a lot of the dressing room with some of his conduct last season so it's not that strange.

That said I wouldn't put it past Jose to have been using it as an extreme motivational tactic to get Schweini back to his best.

Man-United

He might have taken a long holiday. What the feck was this? Couldn't run at all.

acnumber9

He was completely out of shape and had pissed off a lot of the dressing room with some of his conduct last season so it's not that strange.

That said I wouldn't put it past Jose to have been using it as an extreme motivational tactic to get Schweini back to his best.
He's still out of shape. This is his retirement fund. I don't understand why he's still lauded by Utd fans.

spiriticon

Appeared to loud fanfare and immediately disappeared into the wilderness...:annoyed:

I know the game was well won by the time he entered but still... a bit of effort would have been nice considering these are the few precious minutes he's ever gonna get.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He was probably tired from that 60-minute warm-up, to be fair.

kr0nix

Obviously he's not match fit, considering he hasn't played a game in months, not even for the U21s. He needs games to get up to match speed but we can't really indulge that at the moment.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If he scored today, it genuinely would have gotten a much, much bigger roar than Rooney's landmark goal. Which is weird as feck.

I like him, and I appreciate what he has done in his career. But I don't understand what he has done to have such a great relationship with the fans and be some sort of United icon, judging from the cheers he gets just from stepping on to the pitch or playing a pass. Lots of stories of him pretty much being a part-time employee and just training when he wants. If true, we're essentially celebrating his lack of commitment, whilst probably being one of the highest paid players. I'd rather see him accomplish something with United, rather than just giving him the biggest cheers because of who he is.

Man-United

If he scored today, it genuinely would have gotten a much, much bigger roar than Rooney's landmark goal. Which is weird as feck.

I like him, and I appreciate what he has done in his career. But I don't understand what he has done to have such a great relationship with the fans and be some sort of United icon, judging from the cheers he gets just from stepping on to the pitch or playing a pass. Lots of stories of him pretty much being a part-time employee and just training when he wants. If true, we're essentially celebrating his lack of commitment, whilst probably being one of the highest paid players. I'd rather see him accomplish something with United, rather than just giving him the biggest cheers because of who he is.
Totally agree.

I want him to leave this club as soon as possible. He's not going to play much football, but his wages are the most important for him and still the fans love him.

Minimalist

After the same crowd cheered Moyes week after week, I couldn't care less. If you're saying they have lack of standards, well at least they are consistent.

mu4c_20le

Besides jetting off to watch tennis (which was more about LVG spoiling him), i dont think he's done much wrong. Always professional and supportive of both the club and the teammates, he loves the fans etc. I have no problems with cheering him.

spiriticon

What gets me is that he only needed to run around for 15 minutes today. There's no excuses for fitness. Surely he can still do THAT at least? :annoyed:

sugar_kane

He's still out of shape. This is his retirement fund. I don't understand why he's still lauded by Utd fans.
It's a sign of respect from the fans for his achievements in the game, probably mixed in with a bit of hope he'll still be an ace player for us if we back him.

As I said in the Fellaini thread though, it's fecked up that Maroaune gets booed when he comes on when he's done miles more in a United shirt.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He's become a ceremonial player, tbf. Given a run out when he can't feck anything up, almost like a lap of honour. Or someone bringing their relative on in a testimonial.

Hope he can work his way up to trusted, then influential before the end of the season. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. No one thought he'd get this far.

acnumber9

It's a sign of respect from the fans for his achievements in the game, probably mixed in with a bit of hope he'll still be an ace player for us if we back him.

As I said in the Fellaini thread though, it's fecked up that Maroaune gets booed when he comes on when he's done miles more in a United shirt.
Personally I hate seeing him come on so obviously out of shape. He's shown little respect for his employers. The odd tweet is quite easy to send off while sitting on your fat arse. Getting into shape not so much.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He hasn't played much football in fairness, it's expected that he's rusty. Let's see if he can build on this, he can could be useful

Personally I hate seeing him come on so obviously out of shape. He's shown little respect for his employers. The odd tweet is quite easy to send off while sitting on your fat arse. Getting into shape not so much.
Mourinho said just yesterday that he's working hard and is now an option so maybe trust that the manager is telling the truth.

AndyJ1985

If he had any pride in himself he'd be keeping fit and doing everything he could to move this month. To just sit on his arse and let himself put on weight is unprofessional and makes him come across as a money grabbing layabout.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Besides jetting off to watch tennis (which was more about LVG spoiling him), i dont think he's done much wrong. Always professional and supportive of both the club and the teammates, he loves the fans etc. I have no problems with cheering him.

The truth is that none of us really know what happened behind closed doors and what effect it had on the rest of the squad so it's probably not fair to speculate either way.

It's definitely a shame how it's worked out. He was the best in the world at what he did for a while.

When you see how he was today it's really no surprise he's been left out like he has. If that's the shape he's in after working his ass off to prove himself, he's really got no claim to a spot in this team no matter how prestigious a player he is.

OohAahMartial

I suspect he's not moving club because he knows he needs to retire. So he's collecting his retirement fund here before announcing it at the end of the season.

Oaencha

BFS is a legend of the game but it's clear as day that he's finished at this level. He looks like he could be in his mid 40s and runs about like one of those out of breath sausage dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.