6.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Mourinho is a sneaky feker. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he introduced Schweinsteiger vs. West Ham only to give him a proper send off from UTD fans.

Rajeev

BFS is still really good and can become a useful squad player for us. The thing about Pogba is he can't keep possession and sometimes gives the ball away with useless passes. If we are 1-0 up in a game, we can definitely bring on Schweinsteiger to steady the game and keep possession for us in order to not let the opposition have chances. With BFS, we can control the flow of the game and make more good passes like Carrick. But I am not sure if Mou feels that way. He needs tall players like Fellaini when we are leading. But what good has that done to us? We have conceeded a lot of goals in the last few minutes that has converted certain wins to draws.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
BFS is still really good and can become a useful squad player for us. The thing about Pogba is he can't keep possession and sometimes gives the ball away with useless passes. If we are 1-0 up in a game, we can definitely bring on Schweinsteiger to steady the game and keep possession for us in order to not let the opposition have chances. With BFS, we can control the flow of the game and make more good passes like Carrick. But I am not sure if Mou feels that way. He needs tall players like Fellaini when we are leading. But what good has that done to us? We have conceeded a lot of goals in the last few minutes that has converted certain wins to draws.
I don't really see what you can base this on. He has barely in the last year and never really impacted for us.

Rajeev

I don't really see what you can base this on. He has barely in the last year and never really impacted for us.
He was still decent in the first half of last season, and he still played for Germany in the Euros this year.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He was still decent in the first half of last season, and he still played for Germany in the Euros this year.
I've got a lot of respect for him and was hugely excited when he signed, thinking he could continue like Alonso or Ballack but he was pedestrian last season. Our style of play suited him, very static and he was comfortable with that.

I don't see that working for us this year, he doesn't have Carrick's skillset to make the same impact.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Pictured at the Lowry ahead of tomorrow's match. Carrick apparently resting could mean some minutes for the German.

Kag

I wish we would use him in rotation with Carrick. He knows the role just as well and is more than capable of doing a good job. The three man midfield works, however, it's demanding on the players we have. So bringing in Schweinsteiger tomorrow (for example) and freeing up Carrick for Monday would be a better use of our resources.

Instead, we'll likely change things up and piss about with Fellaini in a different role.

top1whoisman

Scout
I wish we would use him in rotation with Carrick. He knows the role just as well and is more than capable of doing a good job. The three man midfield works, however, it's demanding on the players we have. So bringing in Schweinsteiger tomorrow (for example) and freeing up Carrick for Monday would be a better use of our resources.

Instead, we'll likely change things up and piss about with Fellaini in a different role.
Another option is to play Herrera-Pogba a bit deeper and have Mata as a no.10. Agree though, tomorrow would be a perfect match to start Basti, and like you said, we could continue with the same, working system.

Kag

Another option is to play Herrera-Pogba a bit deeper and have Mata as a no.10. Agree though, tonorrow would be a perfect match to start Basti, and like you said, we could continue with the same, working system.
I don't mind the Herrera, Pogba, Mata trio either. Against 'Boro that's unlikely to be a problem. I'd just like to stick with what seems to be working well. And I think it is going to take Mourinho swallowing some pride a little.

I think the majority want to see this, in fact, I'd settle for seeing him in with Pogba and Herrera for 35 minutes just to see how it works as it really does seems like the natural option.

MAME DIOUF 32

I think most of my posts about Schweinsteiger have been in reference to his weight, but I totally agree that he should come in if Carrick's not playing. Fellaini can't do anything that Carrick does.

izec

He wont play much though or in any meaningful way. He will just get a substituition due to injuries or to get time of the clock in the last 5 minutes. I dont see him starting any games for us anymore.

ChaddyP

One of my favourite non united players. Thrilled when we signed him, gutted that hes been sidelined. He is one that would give his all for this club on the pitch. We are selling Schneiderlin so that leaves us thin in a 3 man midfield set up especially when fellaini is an option and Blind is only used in Defence. Hope hes shown he's good enough to still contribute.

Djemba-Djemba

One of my favourite non united players. Thrilled when we signed him, gutted that hes been sidelined. He is one that would give his all for this club on the pitch. We are selling Schneiderlin so that leaves us thin in a 3 man midfield set up especially when fellaini is an option and Blind is only used in Defence. Hope hes shown he's good enough to still contribute.
He didn't seem that arsed to get onto the pitch last season.

Was coincidentally fit again for the Euros though...

He didn't seem that arsed to get onto the pitch last season.

Was coincidentally fit again for the Euros though...
Sure this is one of the reasons Mourinho alienated him. Since to have really knuckled down this season though in fairness and was a model pro during all the drama at the start of the season.

Would be a great great story for him to completely turn it around and have an impact here.

Bwuk

I think we will play 4231 with Mata at 10 tomorrow.

I hope we don't as much as I love Mata. We look far better in a 433. Pogba - Herrera shouldn't be moved to #6.

Play Blind or Bastian at 6. If we move Herrera back and play the afro I'll be disappointed.

Sylar

Fair enough, would be nice if he does take the chance, plays well, and becomes a real option just in case we get an injury in midfield or a suspension. Three man midfield would suit him more than the 2 we tried last season.

Albiston

This man seems to have been an absolute model professional during Joses' reign.
Having a player in our squad that has the experience that he does, is fantastic.
Even if he just provides cover for Carrick from now until the end of the season would be a huge positive for the club!
I feel that Fellaini will 100% start against Reading but I am hoping that BFS will get at least half an hour and maybe start against Hull in the semi.

rotherham_red

We just need to register him for Europa. He's literally the only possible replacement for Carrick we currently have and he needs games to get up to speed in time for when the Europa comes back on the agenda.

Shark

@NotShark
He's surely more than good enough to still carry out a similar role to Carrick.

C'est Moi Cantona

Would be nice to see him as Carrick's backup until the end of the season if he's finally won Jose over.

ChaddyP

I don't think Jose really wanted to play 433 as often as we are now which may be why Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger was omitted from the squad. Now he seems the most obvious person to rotate with Carrick or even pogba especially in the cup games. he's happy to wait his turn and is still a fantastic footballer. Would love him to start. He went from 0 chance to feature to a squad member. Fantastic news I think. Just needs to get fit enough to play. Best game this to start him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think Jose really wanted to play 433 as often as we are now which may be why Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger was omitted from the squad. Now he seems the most obvious person to rotate with Carrick or even pogba especially in the cup games. he's happy to wait his turn and is still a fantastic footballer. Would love him to start. He went from 0 chance to feature to a squad member. Fantastic news I think. Just needs to get fit enough to play. Best game this to start him.
Yeah I think Jose wanted to play his 4-2-3-1, that was seen at the beginning. We play so much better in the 433 though it would be silly to go back unless Pogba/Herrera are unfit.

Devil81

When you actually think about it, it's mental he's not playing a part in this season. Carrick is an example of playing experienced players, I'm convinced if Carrick & Bastian were in our squad earlier, we'd be higher up the table.

nobby the legend

Still don't understand Jose's initial attitude towards Bastian. Hope everything has changed and Schweinsteiger will be one of our best players till the end of the season.

Woodzy

It's fairly obvious that Mourinho thought his fitness wasn't good enough for this level anymore (and from what we saw last year, it's hard to disagree).

His comments about him working hard points to him improving on that.

Zoo

If he's staying then I hope he starts tomorrow. Let's make use of him.

Ixion

I think we can change our Europa squad soon, take out Memphis & Schneiderlin and add Bastian.

It's fairly obvious that Mourinho thought his fitness wasn't good enough for this level anymore (and from what we saw last year, it's hard to disagree).

His comments about him working hard points to him improving on that.
Agreed, he even mentions how he hasn't been injured at all this season. I think the injuries, jetting off back to Germany etc left Jose thinking that Bastian, despite his obvious talent, wasn't worth wasting time on.

A fit, commited and injury free Schweinsteiger though could be very useful.

Andy_Cole

I hope he breaks in and is rotated with Carrick/ Herrera for the remainder of the season. Huge fan of his.

top1whoisman

Scout
If he starts today, it's his first United start since an FA Cup 3rd round fixture last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.