View full 2016-17 profile

6.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that Gaz is happy to end his fantastic career at OT by looking silly in that last game? Do you think Franco Baresi wanted to end up his career by being repeatedly humiliated by Christian Vieri at home in that humiliating derby? I much doubt it.
I'm sorry but at what point was Schweinsteiger humiliated like these players mentioned above?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm sorry but at what point was Schweinsteiger humiliated like these players mentioned above?
That's exactly it. By leaving Bayern he managed to avoid that while still getting his final pay cheque. Hence why he took the best of both worlds.

devilish

Riiiiiiiight.
I am afraid it is.

Considering that Mourinho had made it quite clear that he is not in his plans than why wouldn't he leave United or just retire? And don't tell me because he still believe he can do the job. If the manager have no faith in him then he won't convince him otherwise, certainly not at that age and at a time when even Bayern thinks that his legs are gone.

Roberto Baggio wanted to play, he took a paycut and became a legend at Brescia. That is what players do when they want to prove people wrong.

Last edited:

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
That's exactly it. By leaving Bayern he managed to avoid that while still getting his final pay cheque. Hence why he took the best of both worlds.
You are deluded and at this point you only stick to your argument because you know your bullshit has been exposed and you don't want to admit that.
What has he avoided at Bayern? What van Buyten and Scholl did? Staying around for an eternity, playing a few games as a starter against the lower sides in the league, making a few impact subs in important games? Yeah, that would have really been more damaging to his reputation than playing in the reserves in the worst Manchester United side of at least 2 decades. He took a risk, a big risk, by joining a big club in a foreign league late in his career.

devilish

Yeah, also, the "Bayern wanted to get rid of him"-narrative is stupid. When he filed his request, we did not deny it, that's a difference. We keep players of questionable use around for freakin' ages, van Buyten was with us until he was 36, Scholl was here for an eternity, as was Pizarro. We are pretty loyal if you have earned the clubs respect, Bastian could have stayed until he was 40 if he just wanted.
I never said that Bayern wanted to get rid of him. However it was evident that he was becoming a bit of a burden for them the same as Gaz was for us in his last year or so. Bastian found a way of how to sort that problem for Bayern while still getting his final pay cheque. Good luck for him for doing so.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I never said that Bayern wanted to get rid of him. However it was evident that he was becoming a bit of a burden for them the same as Gaz was for us in his last year or so. Bastian found a way of how to sort that problem for Bayern while still getting his final pay cheque. Good luck for him for doing so.
You clearly have no idea how our club works.

devilish

People said the same about Beckham, and Schweinsteiger has already gone from Youth Team training to regularly making the bench so....
What did people say about Beckham?

And the only way Bastian could avoid training with the youth team would have been to relinquish his contract with United, something we all know we would love to. That would mean losing his pay cheque and having to find a club were he is either paid less or he actually have to play football in a country so far away from home

Nonsense, pure garbage. Bayern treat their legends very much in the same way United do and Bastian had a guaranteed 4 more season there and as fcb says, even if not at the top of his game then he'd be playing loads against the cannon fodder etc.

Your argument here is absolute drivel pal.

What did people say about Beckham?
That he had absolutely zero chance of getting back in Capello's plans after he signed a pre-contract for LA Galaxy and was cast aside. In football anything can happen and as I mentioned, Bastian has gone from not being an option at all and training with the youths, to now being an option and often being on the bench.

devilish

You clearly have no idea how our club works.
Bayern would have never showed him the door but it would be pretty evident that he would have been a burden for them. Hence he took his first opportunity to leave and become someone elses problem.

I don't know why you're taking it so at heart. I mean you have a crook as a honorary president. Why can't you just accept that another of your legend is sticking to his final paycheck?

devilish

Nonsense, pure garbage. Bayern treat their legends very much in the same way United do and Bastian had a guaranteed 4 more season there and as fcb says, even if not at the top of his game then he'd be playing loads against the cannon fodder etc.

Your argument here is absolute drivel pal.
And where have I said that Bayern pushed him out? He was becoming a burden for them, a big offer came in for him and he took it. Now he's holding up to that fat pay cheque because he simply can and he have no attachment to us. Do you think that United would stop a 35 year old Gaz from joining Bayern if they offered him a 3 year contract on a 200k a week? Do you think Gaz would leave Bayern after that to play for Birkirkara on a 5k a week just because Bayern had realised they made a mistake and Gaz wasn't good enough anymore?

Bayern would have never showed him the door but it would be pretty evident that he would have been a burden for them.
Jeysus mate, give it a rest.

Were Scholes and Giggs a burden for us? Or did SAF love having legends around the dressing room? How on Earth was Schweinsteiger a "burden" moreso than the aforementioned?

Pathetic posting from you this morning.

devilish

Jeysus mate, give it a rest.

Were Scholes and Giggs a burden for us? Or did SAF love having legends around the dressing room? How on Earth was Schweinsteiger a "burden" moreso than the aforementioned?

Pathetic posting from you this morning.
Hmm...that's debatable but Gaz was. His legs were gone

Do you think that United would stop a 35 year old Gaz from joining Bayern if they offered him a 3 year contract on a 200k a week? Do you think Gaz would leave Bayern after that to play for Birkirkara on a 5k a week just because Bayern had realised they made a mistake and Gaz wasn't good enough anymore?

And where have I said that Bayern pushed him out? He was becoming a burden for them, a big offer came in for him and he took it. Now he's holding up to that fat pay cheque because he simply can and he have no attachment to us. Do you think that United would stop a 35 year old Gaz from joining Bayern if they offered him a 3 year contract on a 200k a week? Do you think Gaz would leave Bayern after that to play for Birkirkara on a 5k a week just because Bayern had realised they made a mistake and Gaz wasn't good enough anymore?
Difference is, Bastian isn't 35 and was still putting in some very good performances when we bought him. Gaz as you mention yourself, was gone!

Honestly mate, I think you're making a fool of yourself this morning I really do. Like you genuinely believe you have some bizarre insight into the mind of a top top professional.

devilish

That he had absolutely zero chance of getting back in Capello's plans after he signed a pre-contract for LA Galaxy and was cast aside. In football anything can happen and as I mentioned, Bastian has gone from not being an option at all and training with the youths, to now being an option and often being on the bench.
We're talking about proper clubs here not a team with some film blockbuster name.

devilish

Difference is, Bastian isn't 35 and was still putting in some very good performances when we bought him.

Honestly mate, I think you're making a fool of yourself this morning I really do. Like you genuinely believe you have some bizarre insight into the mind of a top top professional.
Erm no. He's finished. Mou himself tried to encourage Bayern to have him back but even they weren't interested in him, which does speak volumes isn't it?

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
http://www.transfermarkt.de/bastian...&verein=27&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
What a burden he was. 5 goals in the Bundesliga, started two champions league semi finals. That is likely what he would have done for the rest of his career, including a free pass for every stretch of bad games because he was always recovering from injury anyway.

Erm no. He's finished. Mou himself tried to encourage Bayern to have him back but even they weren't interested in him, which does speak volumes isn't it?
I doubt Bastian wanted that. If he did, we would have brought him back, we have done this before. We have brought back a feckton of players over the years, Lizarazu, Pizarro, Zé Roberto etc. etc....

devilish

http://www.transfermarkt.de/bastian...&verein=27&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
What a burden he was. 5 goals in the Bundesliga, started two champions league semi finals. That is likely what he would have done for the rest of his career, including a free pass for every stretch of bad games because he was always recovering from injury anyway.

I doubt Bastian wanted that. If he did, we would have brought him back, we have done this before. We have brought back a feckton of players over the years, Lizarazu, Pizarro, Zé Roberto etc. etc....
Well then why haven't you at least tried to get him back? Mou was quite vocal about it.

I think he's happy were he is. He barely play or can play any football anymore and he's taking money out of a club he doesn't really have an attachment to.

I don't blame Bastian (I really don't). We were the ones stupid enough to offer that contract and we deserve to consequences of it. A contract is a contract

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Well then why haven't you at least tried to get him back? Mou was quite vocal about it.

I think he's happy were he is. He barely play or can play any football anymore and he's taking money out of a club he doesn't really have an attachment to.

I don't blame Bastian (I really don't). We were the ones stupid enough to offer that contract and we deserve to consequences of it. A contract is a contract
As I said in the post you just qouted, it was pretty clear he wanted to earn his place back from the start.

Mate, I'm stepping away from this* as I genuinely do think @devilish is embarrassing himself here. What you have posted above is just more proof of this.

*I suggest you do the same

devilish

Mate, I'm stepping away from this* as I genuinely do think @devilish is embarrassing himself here. What you have posted above is just more proof of this.

*I suggest you do the same
can't you just stop with this embarrasing yourself quotes? We're on a bloody forum not at Westminster. We're discussing opinions which you're free to agree or not. If you can't do that in a casual way while acknowledging that other people might have a different opinion to yours then you're the one embarrassing yourself.

devilish

As I said in the post you just qouted, it was pretty clear he wanted to earn his place back from the start.
I believe that he geniunely wanted to help LVG especially at a time when he was becoming a bit of a surplus at Bayern. Once LVG was sacked he simply sticked to his fat pay cheque, which is fair enough. He's perfectly entitled to do that, he's happy to be close at home and he got nothing to prove.

You think I am anti Bastian on this but I am not. We're the ones stupid enough to offer him that ridiculous contract and we can't expect a player to just leave to the other side of the world just because we don't fancy him anymore. People have their own lives and while some do have some pride in them and don't want to be a burden, others are perfectly happy to stick to their contracts as they perfectly entitled to do.

However lets stop with this 'he thinks he got a chance' BS. Its aint gonna happy and the man is old enough and he's experienced enough to know that.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
However lets stop with this 'he thinks he got a chance' BS. Its aint gonna happy and the man is old enough and he's experienced enough to know that.
I might agree with a couple of your points. But on the other hand, he's a bit on the stubborn side. I wouldn't put it past him to prove a point and not have Manchester be his first failure in his career. He's achieved pretty much everything else he wanted in the face of some harsh defeats. It's his nature and it's one of the reasons he was so important to Bayern and the NT. Standing up bleeding after getting your head knocked in, that's his trademark. And this episode at Manchester is just that, standing up bleeding after you were knocked down. The question is if he actually helps the team or not when he's on the pitch. Nobody would like to hear years later how this was just a personal dislike by Mourinho, who is quite known for being a petty ass.

devilish

No we're not. Myself and fcb are discussing "opinions", you are alluding to having inside knowledge into the brain of Bastian Schweinsteiger and that mate, is just making your posts look more than a little silly.

I had been following football for quite some time now. Some of my non United favourite players were a bit of trouble makers (Di Canio, Baggio etc) themselves and I can assure you 2 things

a- once a manager of the stature of Mourinho wants you out then you're out
b- if a player is good enough and he wants to prove himself/he wants to play then he will find a way of doing so. Baggio had the entire Italian football estabishment against him, he wanted to play football and he refused to go to exile. Guess what? He found a club and he did well there.

I also have some experience about how employee contracts work and to detect the sings of a hostile employee who just want to dig his heels.

I am not suggesting that your opinion is crap and my opinion is great. We're discussing stuff and I think we're both entitled to our opinion and to be respected for it.

devilish

I might agree with a couple of your points. But on the other hand, he's a bit on the stubborn side. I wouldn't put it past him to prove a point and not have Manchester be his first failure in his career. He's achieved pretty much everything else he wanted in the face of some harsh defeats. It's his nature and it's one of the reasons he was so important to Bayern and the NT. Standing up bleeding after getting your head knocked in, that's his trademark. And this episode at Manchester is just that, standing up bleeding after you were knocked down. The question is if he actually helps the team or not when he's on the pitch. Nobody would like to hear years later how this was just a personal dislike by Mourinho, who is quite known for being a petty ass.
I think he's being on the stubborn side but in a different way to what you think. He is determined not to be pushed out. Which I repeat its FAIR ENOUGH. We were the ones we gave him his contract. We were the ones who convinced him to leave Bayern. Why should he end up playing with some Coca Cola Pepsi Durex FC or a random Chinese team for the simple reason that we don't rate him anymore? He owes us nothing doesn't he?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I agree.

He wont retire though. Not until he squeeze every possible pound from our club
He is not the only one thinking that.

Uli Hoeness
Given his treatment, Hoeness has urged the former Germany captain to punish United ‘for what they’ve done to him’.

‘If I were him, I would make the people in Manchester pay until his last day,’ Hoeness is quoted by ESPN.
‘That’s what this club [United] deserves for what they’ve done to him. They should be punished,’ Bayern Munich president added.

According to reports in GoalUSA, Schweinsteiger is currently in advanced negotiations with Chicago fire club in regards to the $5.5 million yearly offer but Hoeness believes the 32-year-old is closer to retirement.

From what I have heard, Basti’s on his way out of football,’ he said. ‘I know him well and I doubt he’s still got the fire left in him for one final major challenge.
He basically is on his retirement farewell tour.

He seems to have heeded that advice too. Watching him on the pitch is punishment enough.

devilish

He is not the only one thinking that.

Uli Hoeness

He basically is on his retirement farewell tour.

He seems to have heeded that advice too. Watching him on the pitch is punishment enough.
Houness should shut up because he doesn't know Bastian and he's embarrasing himself. Am I right @Regulus Arcturus Black? ;):p

Houness should shut up because he doesn't know Bastian and he's embarrasing himself. Am I right @Regulus Arcturus Black? ;):p
If I were him, I would make the people in Manchester pay until his last day,’ Hoeness is quoted by ESPN.
That’s what this club [United] deserves for what they’ve done to him. They should be punished.’

Doesn't sound like someone happy to play in the Youth team picking up a pay. Sounds like someone who sees Manchester United as his final challenge, but do carry on ;):p

devilish

If I were him, I would make the people in Manchester pay until his last day,’ Hoeness is quoted by ESPN.
That’s what this club [United] deserves for what they’ve done to him. They should be punished.’

Doesn't sound like someone happy to play in the Youth team picking up a pay. Sounds like someone who sees Manchester United as his final challenge, but do carry on ;):p
What makes you think he's doing that?

devilish

You're not annoyed and trying to "punish" someone for your treatment if you're just happy picking up a pay cheque are you?
I am really struggling to understand you.

What Houness is suggesting is that Bastian should dig his heels and remain to OT. By doing so (despite not being needed here) he will be punishing United especially since

a- Bastian is finished as a player
b- he's on a high salary and that money could be utilized far better then financing a has been.

The very fact that a player in his condition, refuse to leave, translate in him 'punishing' us irrespective on whether he wants that or not. He might think that he still can be of service at a club like ours. If that was the case (and he's not there to just pick the pay cheque) then he would renegotiate his contract to something that truly reflect his present position (I remember Damiano Tommasi did something similar) or ask to be released so he can prove himself elsewhere.

Surely even the staunchest of Bastian fans must agree that he's not a 200k a week player anymore.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
You're not annoyed and trying to "punish" someone for your treatment if you're just happy picking up a pay cheque are you?
This is what Hoeness means

That is the punishment he is talking about. @devilish is right. Thats exactly what it means.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think the weirdest thing about this whole scenario is our accounts.

We wrote off his transfer value on the books this year rather than amortise it and yet he's back playing again. I wonder if the club will correct that, otherwise, technically, it's cooking the books.

SirMattBugsby

Nice banter goin' on here this fine morning. Lots of people 'embarrassing themselves' :lol:

Opinions regarding him staying at United are extreme and the truth possibly lies somewhere in the middle. Schweini does like the paycheck, but won't he get the same, or even more, in the US or China? Why would he not do that and leave this episode behind for a happy married life if he wanted to?

Moreover, with Schneiderlin nearing an exit, Schweinsteiger is an option for FA Cup and Europa League. EL games, in particular, require ability to dictate midfield and Basti is more capable of that than, say, Fellaini.

There maybe a bit of ego involved in not being ready to be shown the door unceremoniously, but Basti has repeatedly said that he is ready to fight for his place at United. The same ego makes him believe he can contribute and a player of his stature deserves a proper chance in that case. Even if for the next six months.

Mindhunter

I think the weirdest thing about this whole scenario is our accounts.

We wrote off his transfer value on the books this year rather than amortise it and yet he's back playing again. I wonder if the club will correct that, otherwise, technically, it's cooking the books.
Not really, as long as its not written off in the tax accounting books and used for tax saving purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.