g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Bastian Schweinsteiger image 31

Bastian Schweinsteiger Germany flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

Pleased for him, was no reason to be treated like that.

Handré1990

I'm very pleased. I wouldn't care if he didn't come back, and contrary to many on here, I think it's Mourinho's decision. However, I've seen enough of Schweinsteiger throughout his career to believe he actually might have something to contribute to this team. He hasn't complained once in public after his treatment, and that really says a lot for me. Welcome back maestro!

prath92

i love bastian and therefore I will be glad if he is a player once again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe Carrick will now be used in the League and Schweinsteiger might take up his role in the cups.
I seriously doubt that will be the case given that we have the likes of Schneiderlin, Herrera, and Fellaini already available. Schweinsteiger would be fantastic alongside Pogba and Herrera imo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should never have been exiled anyway, but makes the decision even stranger to bring him back a couple months later. Anyway hopefully this strange episode can be swept under the carpet.

Let's hope he can prove his worth.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Believe!
I for one am not terribly convinced that this will end well...
;)

Tapori

Rotate Between Carrick & Schweinsteiger at the base of a 3 man midfield depending on fitness, and have Herrera & Pogba ahead of them.
This.

It's simple and effective and allows so much scope to rotate Schneiderlin, Herrera, Pogba etc depending on the match requirements. Hopefully Jose has learned that Pogba needs that help alongside him to develop; He had it at Juventus but Fellaini can't cut it in that DM role for us.

Herrera is brilliant but works better at the moment as part of a 3 with Carrick/and hoepfully Basti as the DMs.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Having Schweinsteiger back won't help a thing, he will get injured after a couple of games.

Yes, i am a grumpy feck.

Hopefully we will start playing Carrick at DM and Schweinsteiger can play whenever Carrick needs a rest.

Deleted member 101472

He's a few years younger than Carrick, and comparing both at their peak, BFS is on a different level. Let's hope he can reinvent himself in some way, shape or form and get himself into contention for the starting XI. It's not beyond him to be a brilliant player again.

Zoo

Hopefully Mourinho has realised how important it is to get the correct balance in midfield and it's asking a lot of Carrick to play 3 games in a week.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hopefully Mourinho has realised how important it is to get the correct balance in midfield and it's asking a lot of Carrick to play 3 games in a week.
I fail to see how Bastian and Carrick are interchangeable while maintaining the balance.

Zoo

I fail to see how Bastian and Carrick are interchangeable while maintaining the balance.
I think Bastian can sit at the base of midfield? giving us better balance and allowing Pogba to be freed up. He doesn't read the game defensively as well as Carrick but I think he can do it.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I think Bastian can sit at the base of midfield? giving us better balance and allowing Pogba to be freed up. He doesn't read the game defensively as well as Carrick but I think he can do it.
He doesn't have the passing range either.

He dictates well but it's chalk and cheese.

Impulse

He may not be like for like with Carrick but he's the only other player we have in the squad who can control the midfield. He really should be being rotated.

PrestwichBlue

Supports
Manchester City.
Guys looked overweight last season, went to Germany during rehab, put in bang average performances, followed his girlfriend during her tours instead of trying to get fit and generally was poor when he played yet it seems him being on the bench is a cause for celebration. Have standards slipped that much? While Anthony Martial and Luke Shaw two top young players cant even get into the side over Darmian and Jesse Lingard? Would be worried if I was a United fan.

Zoo

Guys looked overweight last season, went to Germany during rehab, put it bang average performances, followed his girlfriend during her tours instead of trying to get fit and generally was poor when he played yet it seems him being on the bench is a cause for celebration. Have standards slipped that much? While Anthony Martial and Luke Shaw two top young players cant even get into the side over Darmian and Jesse Lingard? Would be worried if I was a United fan.
Boring.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Guys looked overweight last season, went to Germany during rehab, put in bang average performances, followed his girlfriend during her tours instead of trying to get fit and generally was poor when he played yet it seems him being on the bench is a cause for celebration. Have standards slipped that much? While Anthony Martial and Luke Shaw two top young players cant even get into the side over Darmian and Jesse Lingard? Would be worried if I was a United fan.
Why are you so worried about United mate?:lol:
Just enjoy your team and stop worrying about us:D

3KDré

Yet another example of this new newbie system not working.

Whose idea was it?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully this is just to fill numbers, or something. Bit concerning.

Classical Mechanic

Mourinho punished him for being unprofessional and his reemergence must be because he has made amends by working hard behind the scenes. There is every chance that he is being put in the shop window too, just showing everyone he can still run etc.

Devil81

He was never coming on today, he never actually got out of his seat to warm up.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He was never coming on today, he never actually got out of his seat to warm up.
Aye it was just a "look he's still a player.... honestly" sort of escapade. One last deal from China or USA and he's paid for his lavish lifestyle til he's 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.