Gaming Battlefield 3

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
I had a 25 kill streak and was 25-0 on one server and they admin kicked me for hacking. I was fuming, most was in a tank which is piss easy to rack up the kills, the rest were with C4 and my AS-VAL with a couple of knife take downs. How the feck can they accuse you of hacking with that variety?

A recent game of mine just to show off (don't look at the rest!) :) :

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/36411673/1/253116791/
Haha shut the hell up man, I dont think I ever managed to get over 37 kills, if I remember correctly.

I'm on PS3 ;)

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
I'm generally doing things the old school way, progressing in the game and unlocking stuff. Don't really see the point in spending £7 just to get all the weapons unlocked, I think I'd lose the motivation after a while.

Very much looking forward to Armored Kill. Just how big is that map going to be!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Wait, this round lasted two and half hours?? How?!
Their whole team kept quitting because we were spanking them so bad. The match started with us on the other team whooping ass, but the teams got unbalanced so me and Ava swapped teams, turned the score around and became the winning team, then at one point it was like 4/5 of them vs 3 of us but the guy on our team was AFK so itwas just me and Ava vs them and we just wiped up. 548 kills between us. :lol:

AVARiCE

Wait, this round lasted two and half hours?? How?!
No time limit, first to 600 tickets and there were never more than about 5 or 6 on a team. At times we only had one opponent so we were literally limited by their respawn time, let alone finding them!

It was epic, I must say. Easily one of my favourite rounds of BF3. Good chat via headphones too, I remember a couple of times where we'd turn around to shoot the guys behind us, they must've thought we were cheating. In reality the other would see it happening and give a warning. I also remember I went through a phase where I kept dying and Zarlak kept defibbing me otherwise my deaths would've been much, much higher. :lol:

I should also point out that we'd played some rounds before that. It happened months ago (February! Jesus!) but I think we'd already played enough times for me to say it was my last game --famous last words they were!

Fal

No time limit, first to 600 tickets and there were never more than about 5 or 6 on a team. At times we only had one opponent so we were literally limited by their respawn time, let alone finding them!

It was epic, I must say. Easily one of my favourite rounds of BF3. Good chat via headphones too, I remember a couple of times where we'd turn around to shoot the guys behind us, they must've thought we were cheating. In reality the other would see it happening and give a warning. I also remember I went through a phase where I kept dying and Zarlak kept defibbing me otherwise my deaths would've been much, much higher. :lol:

I should also point out that we'd played some rounds before that. It happened months ago (February! Jesus!) but I think we'd already played enough times for me to say it was my last game --famous last words they were!
I would have never stayed that long.. not to mention my xbox would freeze up cuz this game is really not meant for consoles with those settings.. An hour with ~110 kills on metro was the most I've done, and was lucky not to freeze that one time.

AVARiCE

Trust me man, it's not something we planned to do. If we planned it I reckon it wouldn't work. We just started playing and then... kept playing! It was an absolute epic by the end.

To anyone interested, PM me because I might play some BF3 tomorrow night. I've already spoken to one newbie and it'd be nice for a group of us to play.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think I could be in on this. If we can get at least 4 of us for a good squad and maybe double teams on 2 in a tank and 2 in a chopper covering them we could literally kill any map.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Sorry Ava, my PC gave me the BSOD for the first time ever. I might get on again later or tomorrow.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The bloody updates take up so much room.
Not been on for ages and there's loads of crazy servers with weird names.

Has there been any new DLC worth getting? I don't have any of it at the moment.

Hal9000

Had not played it since all they allowed custom servers on PS3.

Played 500 tickets rush metro the other day. Think the game lasted coming up four hours, was a bit crazy.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
in the server browser you can still find ea servers...

They are called something like PRGM12345, also you can search for -[DICE]- and that lists the dice servers... I prefer those servers.

afrocentricity

Few days ago I kept getting kicked from servers... wtf? One where the other team was trying to base rape, and I managed to take off and shoot them down. Another where it was knifes only, and some bellends joined and started shotgunning, I wasn't gonna bring a knife to a gun fight now was I?

Not that I'm that great a player but I suspect why that was something to do with the others...

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Bought this the other day. It's my first FPS... For each kill I get I seem to die 15 times. How do you get good at this game?!

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Bought this the other day. It's my first FPS... For each kill I get I seem to die 15 times. How do you get good at this game?!
I was the same at the start, Ill show you the ropes when I'm on, add pexbo. A lot of it is levelling up your weapons and vehicles.

OB

Do any of you still play this? I'm thinking of getting this in a few weeks time. Its between MW3 and this for me. I'll mostly play the multiplayer, so wanted to know what you guys are playing atm, if you are. This will be he only FPS i get for quite a while, so i want to know i lasts a long time too. No point in getting this for me if it's online will last only a few months.

afrocentricity

I'm still on PS3, see a few caftards on there now and again...

afrocentricity

Still got no internet bro, hopefully later this week though...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What's the deal with dog tags? If you knife someone from behind you take them right? In the dog tag section it shows them feint but they aren't selectable but it says 'times taken'. What's the crack with that?

Not really arsed just wondered. There are also some that I can select but it doesn't say what I did to get them like 'Visceral'.

Zarlak

It means how many times you've taken that particular dog tag from someone.

You unlock them yourself to use when you do certain things. Whatever dog tags you're using right now, if someone knifes you their 'times taken' for that particular dog tag will go up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I see, seems a bit pointless.

Been caning this recently. Used to snipe all the time but it's miles more entertaining being an Engineer. Getting stuck in and blowing up vehicles for fun with mines/rockets.

What's with the lame servers though? I refuse to follow someone's random rules for my game just because I got put onto their server. Never been chucked for using rockets against people or the like though (not all the time, but if some feckers hiding in a window I'm not gonna let him pick me off when I can blow his ass up).

Hal9000

Yeah EA seems to hugely reduced the amount of "official" severs in favor of letting people set up there own. You got to many people though who try and set bollocks rules.

I think it's actually against the T&C of having a ranked server if they implement bans on using certain guns, so I just report the server if anyone kicks me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Another thing I've noticed is the how often I get put on the Metro map! I play Rush and if I pick random map it's nearly always Metro.

Also, when I've finished a round half the time the next game seems to be Conquest. Which is annoying.

Zarlak

People hammer Metro as a way of boosting their stats up although they tend to do it on conquest. The bottlenecks at all the escalators where the massive mexican standoffs happen people just drop medpacks and engineer packs so they get about 15 resupplies a second from the 20 team mates stood around them.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah the standoffs are a good crack but no good for an engineer :lol:

This game is so much better when you're on a decent team. I know it focuses more on team work but just having a team that half knows what they're doing individually makes it so much better. Dunno about anyone else but if my team is a load of headless chickens then I tend to end up dying as much as them.

Zarlak

Yeah the standoffs are a good crack but no good for an engineer :lol:

This game is so much better when you're on a decent team. I know it focuses more on team work but just having a team that half knows what they're doing individually makes it so much better. Dunno about anyone else but if my team is a load of headless chickens then I tend to end up dying as much as them.
Oh they are! Find a team mate throwing resupply packs down (this will be half the team) and stand on one constantly firing your RPG. :D

I like to get out the EOD bot and see how many kills I can get with it sending it down the escalators or down the stairs.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Oh they are! Find a team mate throwing resupply packs down (this will be half the team) and stand on one constantly firing your RPG. :D

I like to get out the EOD bot and see how many kills I can get with it sending it down the escalators or down the stairs.
Yeah I do that every now and then (when attacking and going through that small corridor on the right for point B) but sometimes using your gun is easier with the reload times of the RPG! Never used that EOD!