Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Tactics for United and München have been released:

381114518_853787066101377_6511804133066215451_n.jpg

381070153_853786989434718_6221714354369715167_n.jpg

The last game I watched at Old Trafford was a Champions League game against Seville some 20 years ago. I just secured a ticket for the Munich game in Old Trafford come December. I'll be flying half the way around the world to watch this game.

I hope the Team can find some grit to see off this game with at least a draw and give them hell in Dec.

Excited for this game but fear we will get bashed 3-4 nil. We are very vulnerable at the moment and easy to play against.

I hope it changes tonight.

The state of our travelling squad…
    5 defenders, 5 midfielders, 5 attackers and… 4 keepers

A draw would definitely be a good result under these circumstances

We're such a weird mess of a football club at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if we went and smashed and grabbed a win, PSG style. But, then again... probably not.

We're such a weird mess of a football club at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if we went and smashed and grabbed a win, PSG style. But, then again... probably not.
    I know what you mean. That's precisely what I'm afraid of. Still believe you guys will do better than most expect.

I know what you mean. That's precisely what I'm afraid of. Still believe you guys will do better than most expect.
    We’ll be lucky if we come away with a draw to be fair. I think your attack will be to much for us but with the way you play I think we’ll score at least 1.

I’m not writing the Casemiro obituary that others are personally. I think much of it is in people’s minds, they wouldn’t be saying this if he was 28. It’s that once you reach 30, you’re a game away from being diagnosed as in decline. I think much of his issues have been tactical, he’s been alone, but I still see him win the ball plenty this season and he’s perhaps still warming up.

Martinez I agree, although these occasions have a way of bringing people up a level. Unless we think he’s finished too! I’m optimistic, cautiously. I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if we turned them over. Harry Kane has never scared me and I think we can cause them problems.

I mean I'm not saying the Case thing as a cliche, I don't give a feck what a players age is. I'm more speaking because many of the interceptions and timely tackles he would make last year you now see him missing. Casemiro at his best is a tackling/interception machine and his brain still tells him where the next intervention should be, but so far it looks as if he's slightly too slow to make it compared to last season.

Hopefully that changes because he was arguably our most important player last year for much of the season.

We will get spanked. Bayern are not great, but still levels above us. Home game for them, they will smash us.

We’ll be lucky if we come away with a draw to be fair. I think your attack will be to much for us but with the way you play I think we’ll score at least 1.
    I get that. But on the other hand it is a different competition and nobody expects anything from you. Big clubs going through a crisis often shine in moments like these.

We need an ETH-Ajax performance against Madrid bernabeu

I never choose not to watch United on tv but this is about as close as it gets tonight.

I'll watch though hoping to see how Hojlund gets on I think he's gonna be exciting in the long run.

In our current state I am worried for our ability to get out this group. Galatasaray look decent. Should have had three goals in this first half hour against Copenhagen.

In our current state I am worried for our ability to get out this group. Galatasaray look decent. Should have had three goals in this first half hour against Copenhagen.

With the way we’re playing right now I’ll be happy just to avoid taking Rangers title of worst ever team in Champions League group stage history!

Moods are abysmal and if I were honest I’m expecting a significant loss too, but it’s Champions League and still one of the first games of the season - anything can happen. Bring it on, hoping for a draw at least!

I never choose not to watch United on tv but this is about as close as it gets tonight.

I'll watch though hoping to see how Hojlund gets on I think he's gonna be exciting in the long run.
    Watch Martial start now because Hojlund can't play 2 games a week or something.

We will lose but at lest we can visit the Octoberfest and get drunk.

Just had a look at their starting line-up, looks like a who's who of transfer forum threads from 2018.

When is Amarobot ready to play?

Looking forward to seeing how Hojlund goes tonight and if we’ve taught Rashford the benefit of passing more. Expecting a defeat but if we can’t keep it tight initially you never know.

Even though they are all past their prime an attack with Icardi, Ziyech and Mertens is not too bad.

Even though they are all past their prime an attack with Icardi, Ziyech and Mertens is not too bad.
    And they have Zaha. And they are losing!! This is a tough group in our state. Our squad for tonight's game could do with any of the aforementioned Galatasaray players

Bayern does not even have injuries - only Neuer - and the squad is not really bigger than that. :cool:

I wonder if there is a way just to be totally numb to the game so you don't get so fed up when we are beaten. I cannot see.any other result. Unless we can get McTominay to discover his form when playing for Scotland.

A draw away to Bayern would be a great result if every member of our squad were fully fit and in good form. We are wholly incapable of competing with good teams when we're away from home.

With things as they stand, a good result today is losing in a manner that isn't embarrassing and hoping that nobody else gets injured, so that we can field a team this weekend that might have a shot at beating the worst team in the EPL.

Don't be nervous mate, relax and enjoy. Man United is a big club only in name(and media coverage) - that's only what is left of it, unfortunately for us(fans of the club). That might change if United gets freed from the shackles(stop being a hostage) after 18 years, but for now it's not the case still. Grotesque, pathologically greedy goblins/orcs from Florida are still abusing and sucking the blood out of it.

It will be a nice, pleasant spectacle in Munich(for you and your club's fans), similar to some of your hammerings of Barcelona in relatively recent history, for example. Media will have an absolute pleasure ripping United apart after the game, reactions will be entertaining(not for Ten Hag, at least...).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw