Bebe

jason93

We've wanted him sold for years now and dubbed him a complete and utter flop. Now as soon as he's to be sold we reckon he'll prove to be a top talent and some bigger sides will eventually target him. I wish him all the best anyway, I'd like him to do well.
That's cause he only started getting good last season. We kept him for so long and the minute he starts showing some real progress, we ship him off? I'm a little gutted tbh.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I think this guy is on a be one of the big talents in Europe over the next few years. I'm not saying he'll be Ronaldo quality or anything but I can see him being like a Hulk. Setting the Portuguese League alight and forcing a big money move elsewhere. I just hope we have a buy back clause on him just incase he turns out to be a brilliant player. Which is very possible considering what I've seen from him last season. The top scoring Portuguese player in the Portuguese League. Here's hoping he can get some caps under his belt cause he deserved to be picked for the World Cup in my eyes.

Good luck Bebe. I'll be keeping a close eye on you and I wish you all the best.

|Neo|x

I wish him all the best and hope he is a big success over there.

It would have been smart to insert some sort of sell on fee, as their is potential in him somewhere.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
He'll always be remembered for that crossing masterclass vs Wolves, legendary performance.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
The dodgiest purchase in our history, the deal stank from the start and he stank the place out every time he put on the shirt.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
That's cause he only started getting good last season. We kept him for so long and the minute he starts showing some real progress, we ship him off? I'm a little gutted tbh.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I think this guy is on a be one of the big talents in Europe over the next few years. I'm not saying he'll be Ronaldo quality or anything but I can see him being like a Hulk. Setting the Portuguese League alight and forcing a big money move elsewhere. I just hope we have a buy back clause on him just incase he turns out to be a brilliant player. Which is very possible considering what I've seen from him last season. The top scoring Portuguese player in the Portuguese League. Here's hoping he can get some caps under his belt cause he deserved to be picked for the World Cup in my eyes.

Seriously dude, what is with your posts on this thread? Are you his agent or related to him in some capacity?

Santos J

:lol:

Did you even watch him last year or are you only looking at his goal record? You don't half spout some shite about him. If you'd actually watched him last season at Pacos it's pretty evident he's not good enough for us and is rightly being moved on.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
"He comes practically free"

Way to go, Woodie. Don't let anyone tell you you're not doing a great job.
Not getting particularly great fees for selling players is hardly something that's started with Woody tbf. We're notoriously shit at selling players.

Carl

Good luck Bebe. Benfica is a great move. What a story.

Irish-Red-7

"Practically for free" like what's the story with that..did well over there last season, and Benfica are hardly poor. Over 7 million he cost, the club should have been able to recoup at least half that.

Carl

:lol:

Did you even watch him last year or are you only looking at his goal record? You don't half spout some shite about him. If you'd actually watched him last season at Pacos it's pretty evident he's not good enough for us and is rightly being moved on.
That's summat that's puzzled me tbh. If he was as good last season as we're led to believe then why on Earth was he not taken to the WC. It's not like Portugal have an abundance of talen in that area either.

LS17

It's the best move for him and us, and hopefully he does turn out alright cause we'll do well should he move on!

Santos J

Up to £2.4m & 50% of any sell on fee from Benfica.

That's summat that's puzzled me tbh. If he was as good last season as we're led to believe then why on Earth was he not taken to the WC. It's not like Portugal have an abundance of talen in that area either.
Because his competition for a spot is Ronaldo. Our striker's are widely shite but Bebe ain't a striker and would probably be just as shit there as Almeida & Postiga.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Good luck, Bebe. Smart move putting in a 50% sell-on clause.
There's an obvious work around that. It happened last year when Porto sold Rodriguez and Moutinho together to monaco iirc and severely overvalued rodriguez and under valued Moutinho, to reduce how much they had to pay sporting, as sporting had a sell on clause. There's nothing to prevent it or legally stop teams from doing.

That's a pretty shit deal if you ask me on our part but that's no surprise given our track record of sales. Maybe we should get in someone to negotiate transfers, chelsea seem damn good at it in recent years.

It's the best move for all parties really. He's improved since we last saw him but he would still be on the periphery in our squad. You get the feeling he's still got quite a bit of catching up to do. We need proven class and he's not gonna get enough games to keep progressing here. Benfica's a great club and he earned that move by himself with his performances in Portugal. He's got the chance to make a real name for himself now. It was always was a strange transfer but he can give us a bit more back with that sell on fee.

Good luck Bebe. It's been interesting, to say the least!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There's an obvious work around that. It happened last year when Porto sold Rodriguez and Moutinho together to monaco iirc and severely overvalued rodriguez and under valued Moutinho, to reduce how much they had to pay sporting, as sporting had a sell on clause. There's nothing to prevent it or legally stop teams from doing.

That's a pretty shit deal if you ask me on our part but that's no surprise given our track record of sales. Maybe we should get in someone to negotiate transfers, chelsea seem damn good at it in recent years.
Yes, but still better than I was expecting (a couple of mill at most and no clause at all). And that Porto deal is unlikely to happen again. Porto were looking at stopping their domestic rivals from getting more cash.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Good luck Bebe! Smart move putting a 50% in his clause. 25% of 15 million wouldn't be bad if it ever happened....

jason93

Seriously dude, what is with your posts on this thread? Are you his agent or related to him in some capacity?
No. What makes you come to that conclusion?

Quite a few Portuguese fans have agreed with me that he should have been taken to the WC. And yes, I have watched him last season unlike most people in this thread that are still judging him off one game against Wolves FOUR YEARS AGO...

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

It's Bebe we just sold, there is nobody who was going to pay much, if any more for him. We overpaid (likely part of the deal to get De Gea), no reason to expect everyone else to.

Acole9

Outstanding

It's the best move for him and us, and hopefully he does turn out alright cause we'll do well should he move on!
Bit strange for United to come out and reveal the fee we sold him for and what clauses are in the deal. I've looked on other football websites and they've said free transfer.

Ekeke

Yep the clause is a smart move and the fee is about what you'd expect for a player on his final year of contract. If we had him on a 5 year deal and for some reason Benfica made him their most saught after player this summer, we'd have got maybe £7 million for him. But thats just not the situation

Besides we seem like the only club who sign players for high fees when they have a year left like with Young and now with the Vermaelen fee. And we couldn't sign Bebe from ourselves

jason93

It's Bebe we just sold, there is nobody who was going to pay much, if any more for him. We overpaid (likely part of the deal to get De Gea), no reason to expect everyone else to.
We would have made the 7m back (or close to it) if he had more than 1 year left on his contract.

Ekeke

I guess someone had to fall victim to our new winger-less formation... we will never forget you, Bebe.
Well he never looked like a winger as he can't dribble.

But he can let fly a hell of a shot and I saw him in a front 2 for Pacos in the league last season on at least one occasion, and he played as a striker 2 times in the europa league

If it was down to the formation he would seem to fit in more than someone like Nani or Young. Its not.

FromTheBench

Bit strange for United to come out and reveal the fee we sold him for and what clauses are in the deal. I've looked on other football websites and they've said free transfer.
Haha i guess after all the hullabaloo and digs, insinuations his transfer intially generated we are doing this to avoid more.

Decent deal that though. Benfica sell any half decent player at a premium.

Blue always red

The 50% sell-on fee clause has been put in there because this guy has talent. Will be incredibly surprised if he's not challenging for the Ballon D'or in a few years. Another casualty of the Moyes era if you're asking me.

Loll
what

Fully Fledged

bye-bye Bebe.
Bebe Goodbye.

Hope he does well at his new club. He did alright playing back in Portugal last year. He might settle in there.