g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bebe

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Haven't followed his progress in Portugal at all. Has he really improved that much?

Had his down as a no hoper and proper shady deal for years now, although he did play well last pre-season.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Oh and can I also say "better than Young" is no reason to keep someone. Jesus.

Santos J

Haven't followed his progress in Portugal at all. Has he really improved that much?

Had his down as a no hoper and proper shady deal for years now, although he did play well last pre-season.
Yeah was great in Portugal and was the sole reason Pacos weren't relegated. Never good enough for us though, the move will do him well.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
He was never cut out for us and was never going to make the grade.
Can't we be more open minded? Why "never"?

When he came to us, he had obvious technical deficiencies. He also had obvious physical and athletic gifts. He was shat upon by the fans and the press. The boy put his head down, accepted his place, and applied himself to his job. He has improved through hard work and training. He is obviously coachable and dedicated and has a short memory for mistakes.

I can't write him off just because he is developing late or has taken an unusual path in his career. His potential is not yet fulfilled and if he continues to improve at his current rate he just might be a force. Other clubs are already interested in him. He has clearly earned a shot at a larger club this year, now whether that should be in Portugal as a starter or as a squad player for us I don't really know.

MTR

hates Herrera
Don't look at my tag. Not native English speaker

Best Portuguese attacking player in the league and second best Portuguese player after William Carvalho. Still not good enough, but... erm... better than that Marković guy for example.

jason93

Lets be honest - even if he continues with his improvement chances for him to ever become first choice at United are practically zero. Not with our attaching riches. Probably this is the best for both parties.
It's not like our wingers are brilliant, is it? Nani is injury prone and hasn't been consistently good for years now. Valencia hasn't been the same since he broke his leg all those years ago. Januzaj I think is a little overhyped right now but I do like him... Zaha could be great and Young is... well, Young.

With those options, I don't see why we can't give him a run in the team? we kept him this long and now that he's starting to come good, we ship him off? That's a little anti-climactic no?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I doubt he'd every become a main starter at Benfica or even have regular appearances at that club. How will he get ahead of the likes of Gaitan and Salvio? There's also Djuricic and Markovic ahead of him. There are also young, promising players like Cavaleiro and Ola John ahead of him. If we're looking at the striker role, then there's Rodrigo, Cardozo, and Lima ahead of him.

Nah, I don't think Jesus actually wants him at Benfica unless he wants to have Gaitan play through the middle, sell Markovic, John, and Rodrigo, and loan out Cavaleiro. Only then can I see space for Bebe in the Benfica squad.
Wrong in so many levels. Only thing i agree there is that he won´t start over Gaitan and Sálvio. That´s obvious. Then again, there are plenty of rumours that Gaitan is supposed to join Atlético Madrid. It isn´t certain yet that he stays. Even if he stays Bébé will have plenty of chances to start since Benfica plays in many competitions (league, Portuguese cup, League cup, Champions League and probably Europa League since they always fail to pass Champions League group stages). Sálvio and Gaitán (specially Sálvio) are also injury prone and will have to be used adequately. These circunstancies give him the possibility of having plenty of chances at Benfica.

Djuricic was pretty poor last year and he wasn´t regularly used by Jesus. Bébé was much better than him last year. They also play in different positions. Markovic is gone to Liverpool as everyone knows. Then you mention Cavaleiro and Ola John. Do you know these players? Why can´t Bébé start instead of them? Cavaleiro spent most of the season on Benfica´s B team who plays in the second league and even there he wasn´t the best player (Bernardo Silva was) why can´t Bébé who was arguably one of the best players of our main league last year start instead of him? Ola John has been labelled as a flop and i doubt he will make it. Jorge Jesus gave him plenty of chances but he still struggled. He also didn´t follow Jesus instructions so he loaned him to Hamburg. Doubt he will have another chance under Jesus. Even if he does, he has to show much more than he has showed. Bébé completely owned this player in both years (either at Rio Ave and Paços).

Regarding strikers, i doubt Jorge Jesus would use him in that position. Even so Rodrigo was already sold to a fund and will probably join Valência. Cardozo will probably leave also this year.

There is plenty of space for him in Benfica´s squad. I also think that my own team (Sporting) and even Porto could do with him. He was very good last year and although the pressure of playing for a bigger club will be higher, i think Bébé can replicate last year´s good season under the guidance of Jorge Jesus.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Markovic is gone, as is Rodrigo. Gaitan's close to moving to Atletico, John will probably go out on loan again & Bebe will be above Cavaleiro in the pecking order. He won't be first choice but he'll certainly play a part and Jorge Jesus is the one who wants him.
I just saw that Markovic's actually gone to Liverpool, so that's done. Gaitan to Atletico is as likely as Gaitan to Man. Utd. (according to the media rumours). John out on loan looks feasible. If Rodrigo's gone, then Bebe will definitely have room in the team as a winger/striker of the team.

In this case, Bebe going to Benfica seems feasible. He may make more use of him as players like Salvio and Gaitan start to leave the club.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If Van Gaal doesn't include Bebe in his 20 man squad he's insane. More insane than I bargained for, that is.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wrong in so many levels. Only thing i agree there is that he won´t start over Gaitan and Sálvio. That´s obvious. Then again, there are plenty of rumours that Gaitan is supposed to join Atlético Madrid. It isn´t certain yet that he stays. Even if he stays Bébé will have plenty of chances to start since Benfica plays in many competitions (league, Portuguese cup, League cup, Champions League and probably Europa League since they always fail to pass Champions League group stages). Sálvio and Gaitán (specially Sálvio) are also injury prone and will have to be used adequately. These circunstancies give him the possibility of having plenty of chances at Benfica.

Djuricic was pretty poor last year and he wasn´t regularly used by Jesus. Bébé was much better than him last year. They also play in different positions. Markovic is gone to Liverpool as everyone knows. Then you mention Cavaleiro and Ola John. Do you know these players? Why can´t Bébé start instead of them? Cavaleiro spent most of the season on Benfica´s B team who plays in the second league and even there he wasn´t the best player (Bernardo Silva was) why can´t Bébé who was arguably one of the best players of our main league last year start instead of him? Ola John has been labelled as a flop and i doubt he will make it. Jorge Jesus gave him plenty of chances but he still struggled. He also didn´t follow Jesus instructions so he loaned him to Hamburg. Doubt he will have another chance under Jesus. Even if he does, he has to show much more than he has showed. Bébé completely owned this player in both years (either at Rio Ave and Paços).

Regarding strikers, i doubt Jorge Jesus would use him in that position. Even so Rodrigo was already sold to a fund and will probably join Valência. Cardozo will probably leave also this year.

There is plenty of space for him in Benfica´s squad. I also think that my own team (Sporting) and even Porto could do with him. He was very good last year and although the pressure of playing for a bigger club will be higher, i think Bébé can replicate last year´s good season under the guidance of Jorge Jesus.
My bad. I don't keep track of the Portuguese level in the same way as you and several others do, so forgive me for my errors.

The reason why I said what I said was because the young wingers I mentioned were promising (from what I read and heard) plus had time on their side to refine their game. Djuricic is a very promising winger alongside Markovic (now at Liverpool). I'm sure Jesus will give him game time to refine his game, particularly if Gaitan does leave the club (not too likely so far IMO). John's not bad himself, but if he's struggled with Benfica, then I was wrong about him, and he'll have to move on.

As I said recently, given what Santos J told me, Bebe will be useful to Jesus given his good performances in his last 2 loan spells. He'll provide a different dimension to the likes of Gaitan and Salvio, too, what with him being more direct and more of a goalscoring threat than those players.

Eila

Well, he doesn't play like an amateur anymore. He had a good season in the top portuguese division. Is it enough to play for United? I don't know, but it would be a good idea to try him and see what he can do before shipping him out. It would be a lot easier to know if he has a chance as we see what formation LVG will employ. If we play 4-3-3, he has a chance to play on either side, but on 3-5-2, he would be competing for a striker role.

FromTheBench

As per Record in Portugal the deal is complete for him to go to Benfica. Just requires a official fax.

Costinha (Ex Porto player) his Coach last season at Pacos Fereira just compared him to Thierry Henry at Monaco. :p

jason93

This guy will go down with Pique and Pogba as another bright potentially-world class talent that we let go of too early.

I fully expect him to fulfil his potential at Benfica and go for 30-35m in the next 2 seasons. If Rodriguez, Carvalho, Mangala etc have those outrageous fees stamped on them, then I wonder what Bebe will be priced at if he buries another 15-20 goals in a season? It's possible.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Hopefully there's a buyback clause of sorts inserted into the contract.

FromTheBench

This guy will go down with Pique and Pogba as another bright potentially-world class talent that we let go of too early.

I fully expect him to fulfil his potential at Benfica and go for 30-35m in the next 2 seasons.
He can be a good player and go for high amount from Benfica as they always seem to sell half decent players big, but he will almost certainly not be World Class or even that much close to it.

Thing is for his development it's best to move anyway plus he has 1 year left on his deal and wants to go back to Portugal. We should get a good sell On especially and Buyback maybe if possible.

If you are looking at other Potential Top or World Class talents that left then before look at Rossi and currently look At Daehli. :(

saivet

I fully expect him to fulfil his potential at Benfica and go for 30-35m in the next 2 seasons. If Rodriguez, Carvalho, Mangala etc have those outrageous fees stamped on them, then I wonder what Bebe will be priced at if he buries another 15-20 goals in a season? It's possible.
I'd be shocked if Bebe was ever sold for that sort of money.

ghagua

Should have been given a chance on the tour before a decision to sell him was made. He was thrown in the deep end and struggled when he was given his United debut. Considering some of the trash who are given chance after chance and are still at the club, Bebe should have been taken on tour.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Jesus christ!

Santos J

:lol: Sure mate.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.

How many times you watched him play then last season?

jason93

How many times you watched him play then last season?
I watched a few of his games and I see a lot of Hulk in him. Hulk made a name for himself in Portugal was sold on for €60 million. I think he can do better than Hulk.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I watched a few of his games and I see a lot of Hulk in him. Hulk made a name for himself in Portugal was sold on for €60 million. I think he can do better than Hulk.
I agree to an extent that he is a talent, that if managed properly, could be successful at a bigger club. But there are a lot of ifs. Moving to a bigger Portuguese side will be an important first step to see if he can cut it at that level. If he can, the bigger Spanish sides will obviously take note.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We've wanted him sold for years now and dubbed him a complete and utter flop. Now as soon as he's to be sold we reckon he'll prove to be a top talent and some bigger sides will eventually target him. I wish him all the best anyway, I'd like him to do well.

Bojan11

I want him to do well.

But that performance vs Wolves has to rank one of the worst I ever seen from a Man Utd player.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Hope we added a clause to get some percentages from his next sale. Just in case. Or buy back clause. Even better; first refusal or something similar.

Hope he'll do very well. One of the few players that tarnished Fergie reputation nearing his retirement. Pogba is a close second.

Walters_19_MuFc

This may sound mad, but I actually don't want Bebe to go. I honestly still think he has something to give, especially if we're going to play with 2 up top this season. He'd make for a great left forward (LF), in my opinion.

Oh well, hope he has a great career at Benfica. I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Really really happy for him. Hope he gets himself some caps for Portugal in the next couple of years.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Oh well, it's official now. All the best to the guy, hope to hear about him rocking stuff in Portugal league soon enough!

LARulz

Other than the Ronaldo sale, we tend to be pretty shit at getting any sort of money for our players values.

Sad to see him go as I still had faith but good luck to him